What was the best childhood game for you?

MrFly

Most of my favorite memories come from games that I don't know the name of because I was too young, but off the top of my head I would say Advance Wars, Need for Speed 2, and the original Halo.

Edit: I forgot to mention my all time favorite Warcraft 3 (which is also the first real game that I played on the PC).

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my favorite memories come from games that I don't know the name of because I was too young, but off the top of my head I would say Advance Wars, Need for Speed 2, and the original Halo.

Aww man, Halo 2 was the shit. In the good meaning of the word. I always ever played in offline with friends, but god was it fun. I was a pro with making Banshee tricks too. And also, it had one of the best FPS campaign I've ever played, nothing to do with nowadays 4 hours CoD campaigns.

Talking about FPS's, one game that is engraved in my soul from playing it over and over is Turok Evolution. What is better than making your friends puke their entrails out, explode in gore limb by limb, and ionize with a personal nuclear holocaust? Nothing, if you ask me. Heck, that's still what I have the most fun doing in Tekkit. :D

Aww man, Halo 2 was the shit. In the good meaning of the word. I always ever played in offline with friends, but god was it fun. I was a pro with making Banshee tricks too. And also, it had one of the best FPS campaign I've ever played, nothing to do with nowadays 4 hours CoD campaigns.

I'm not saying that Halo 1 was better than Halo 2. I'm just saying that was the first FPS that I loved, but I would easily call Halo 2 the best in the series followed by Halo 3.

I just realized i didn't put these in:

.hack//quartet. They weren't perfect by any means, but the story was actually unique and compelling. The way they integrated a comic and a TV show into the lore was fantastic as well. You could take any entry on its own if you wanted to, but taking them in conjunction with each other made it all quite an experience.

Downsides of course, included relatively poor graphics, a soundtrack that had just a handful of good tracks out of the several hundred, and the fact that it was 4 discs, all sold separately, despite being a roughly 120 hour game. The whole thing could have been one disc, and not lost anything.

Oh also, the first PC game I played a LOT was zoo tycoon. God this game was awesome. I really loved the dinosaurs expansion too, it was so much fun to dump visitors in the T-Rex cage and watch them run around before being gruesomely devoured.

Oh man. The Tycoon games were great. I played the hell out of Roller Coaster Tycoon. Shame the sequels weren't up to standard I hear.

Oh man, don't get me started on Zoo Tycoon and Roller Coaster Tycoon. I got both expansions for Zoo Tycoon, the water animals and the dinosaurs. I would usually just pluck out a few people from the crowd and toss them in with the lions and dinosaurs. They would chase after them and I enjoyed watching them die. I would pick out the most obnoxious people there, the ones that I thought weren't having a good time. I would say to them "How dare you not like my amazing park! You will make a nice treat." That game kept me entertained for quite a while. :D

Roller Coaster Tycoon was great, I mimicked the best roller coaster from the park that I went to a few days before. It was too intense and nobody would want to ride it. Also, I always played the castle map, it was a pain deleting the walkways to make sure no one got onto the walk across the castle. Anyways I got really cool looking roller coasters going. Then I made one that derailed a few tiles before the entrance/exit. There were usually tons of people there, and I would mow them all down. It was really fun.

Talking about FPS's, one game that is engraved in my soul from playing it over and over is Turok Evolution. What is better than making your friends puke their entrails out, explode in gore limb by limb, and ionize with a personal nuclear holocaust? Nothing, if you ask me. Heck, that's still what I have the most fun doing in Tekkit. :D

turok evolution I still hsve that game and still some times play it

That was everyone. That's what the game was about.

I loved those games, but you are correct, the sequels were not up to snuff :( Shame I spent many hours trapping people. My favourite thing to do was leave one way out, but they needed to pay like 100$ for a burger to leave.

When i read this thread i feel old.

For me there are only a couple of game that i can remember clearly . Mostly Turrican 1&2 also Bangkok Knight and IK+ for the C64, Sonic 1-2-3-&Knuckles and Probotector aka Contra for the Sega Mega Drive. Games after that time i wouldn't count into my childhood.

I swear That I played star wars battlefront until my ps2 caught on fire. :P

That game was worse than meth, I could not sleep, I was always thinking of the many ways to take down an enemy ship. I loved flying my ship into the enemy hanger and blowing it up from the inside.

Spacewar!

I'm sorry if I make you feel old, but I did an essay on spacewar...in history.

My favourite childhood game(Technically I'm still a child, so this is when I was 3-7 years old) is a psx game called Sukoden. I didn't understand a word of it(I couldn't even read my own name), and never got far into it, but I spent hours walking around the starting town. I recently started playing it on my ps3, only properly this time. I also loved crash bandicoot cortex strikes, with about the same amount of success, play-wise, as sudoken. :P

The first game I enjoyed, and actually managed to play properly, was Tetris DX for the gameboy.

Hidden

Spacewar!

I'm sorry if I make you feel old, but I did an essay on spacewar...in history.

My favourite childhood game(Technically I'm still a child, so this is when I was 3-7 years old) is a psx game called Sukoden. I didn't understand a word of it(I couldn't even read my own name), and never got far into it, but I spent hours walking around the starting town. I recently started playing it on my ps3, only properly this time. I also loved crash bandicoot cortex strikes, with about the same amount of success, play-wise, as sudoken. :P

The first game I enjoyed, and actually managed to play properly, was Tetris DX for the gameboy.

I just remembered I used to play Twisted Metal 2 on the PS with some friends, it was great. I loved the excavator, and also psychotic ice-cream clown. And I learned recently it had been banned in many countries because you could splatter innocent people walking in the streets... Damn, Turok, banned games... My childhood wasn't so peaceful after all.

Oh wow, hearing the mention of their names I remember the Stars Wars: Battlefront(s) 1 and 2. I played those and nothing else for at least a month and a half each.

Also, the Ratchet and Clank games were awesome. All of them, although my favorite was Deadlocked. I don't count the newest one as a legitimate part of the series (It's too spin-offy).

Oh wow, hearing the mention of their names I remember the Stars Wars: Battlefront(s) 1 and 2. I played those and nothing else for at least a month and a half each.

Also, the Ratchet and Clank games were awesome. All of them, although my favorite was Deadlocked. I don't count the newest one as a legitimate part of the series (It's too spin-offy).

I wasn't as fond of Deadlocked. Up your Arsenal was much better IMO. Particularly for the butler, but also the quack-o-ray.