i come in peace as a worried tekkitter

Grantlop

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I mean, they can do whatever. They can drop Tekkit if they wan't but it's their most popular series by a wide margin and from a business point of view they have no reason to drop it and burn all those fans. They have been staying above and ignoring all the petty bullshit until now and will probably continue to.

So much hate for Yogscast...Personally, I think it's a little misplaced. Sure, the millions of little kid "Yognauts" can be annoying, (Simon and Lewis allude to this themselves in roundabout ways,) but I enjoy their content, and yes, watching Yogscast is what originally drew me to Minecraft, and later, Tekkit.

I think that hating on Yogscast must be a cool teenage thing to do. I like their "incompetence." It's entertaining and presented well. I find videos of "uber gamers" really boring, to be honest. I find the Yogscast's self-deprecation charming.

As far as "the other mod pack," I don't know...I think the lack of EE will turn a lot of people off, despite the Portal guns and whatnot. I tried it for a bit, but it is hard to judge something like that without extensive playtime. I don't think that the release of a competing modpack is going to be the thing that "kills" Tekkit, though.

I doubt I will be moving completely away from Tekkit, but I will probably play other mod packs as well. I will continue to watch Yogscast regardless of what Minecraft mod pack they use.

Hating something just because it has become popular is very high school.

Many, many people hate on the Yogscast.

With all things that some people like, there will be those who don't. the more people who know about said thing, the more chance for hatred. Sure, I can believe that there's a lot of hate for the yogscast, but I haven't personally seen or heard any of it.

from what i've seen in various places, it seems like too much in the way of evidence simply to dismiss it as "oh, they must be talking about something else"

this is a big deal, i honestly believe that the people that watch their videos, watch for them and the mods, not for the fact that its tekkit, they will have the same mods tekkit has, and without all the drama that does come with tekkit (no matter what happens, i believe there will always be drama with tekkit, just based on people's attitudes at the start)

using the "theres no EE" argument is futile, because tekkit wont have it in 1.4 either (or at least, not the same as in 1.2.5).

FTB has mods that tekkit doesn't, like thaumcraft and XYCraft, and they do offer a lot of choice for their users, idk how many of you have seen, but they will have themed packs, for example, they released the magic pack yesterday, with some gread mods (and some tech mods, oddly enough)

but i'll be waiting for the ultimate pack before i REALLY try out FTB, as that will have the best of tech and magic.

their map download idea is really cool, also, and i'm a big fan of direwolf20 on youtube, and he's getting his own pack and they're distributing his world saves which is awesome :)

To play the devil's advocate...

this is a big deal

OK.

So, what now? Time to buy all the milk and bread from the grocery stores? Time to run to the gun store and buy up all the ammo? Nothing has happened yet. This is an event that may or may not happen (like meteors crashing into the Technic hosting servers), but it is outside of the Technic team's realm of influence. Whatever happens in the big scary world happens whether it is big or small or just an average six inches. The Technic team will react as appropriate (read: when it happens. And maybe not even then.). They're not the type to get worked up over he-said she-said so I wouldn't count on the ceiling caving in here anytime soon.

This is why drama will get people banned. Nothing has happened and a bunch of people get worked up over hypotheticals, like:

• What if CheapShot started talking about slowpoke shaving his beard
  • What if SimpleGuy made a yo mama joke in a beard thread
  • What if something bad happened to Technic where do we stash all the money
  • What if I got laid tonight
  • What if colors tasted like fruit
  • What if yogs did their own thangy thang
  • What if nothing happened

I'm sad I had to spell this all out, Cheap's method is much more entertaining.

I know that FTB can be a bit elitist in their dealings but why not get rid of the technic launcher and focus only on making an awesome modpack used on the FTB launcher? They have created a pretty decent platform and it would probably save the technic devs a lot of resources and headache.

I know that FTB can be a bit elitist in their dealings but why not get rid of the technic launcher and focus only on making an awesome modpack used on the FTB launcher? They have created a pretty decent platform and it would probably save the technic devs a lot of resources and headache.

Because: Why? This way, Technic can stay independent.

Issue is that would require us to have one of those nice little forum threads where all the modders involved posted that we have permission. Which goes against a lot of things here in this community and with the devs. So it will never happen as the devs prefer to take the low key approach.

using your same argument, why did the FTB team make a launcher at all instead of simply using the Technic launcher?

because technic launcher doesnt have nearly as many features as FTB...

so, because the next guy on the block comes out with the same thing with more buttons the first guy needs to stop supplying their product?

you do know there is a new launcher in the works right?

using your same argument, why did the FTB team make a launcher at all instead of simply using the Technic launcher?

this seems like a ridiculous question. They want to show themselves to be better than technic and have complete separation. Even though it's pretty much the same thing. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was started by technic.

• Forum Administrators

The whole point of any of this was to get mods in the hands of people that wouldn't bother so they could play the game I was playing and liked a lot. Since more people than ever now know and play and follow the developments of these mods I'd say I did quite the job, doesn't matter if it's Technic on the tin of Feed The Beast. :smug:

If you guys care that much about a label then you might want to stop and really think about what gets you so worked up. There is already a 60+ Tekkit series Yogscast have with as many millions of views, and those aren't going anywhere. (this isn't even taking into account the original Technic series or the Duncan one or the Sjiin (I think that's how you spell it) episodes either. Think about that exposure. Think of how much money they've made of of Tekkit itself. Yogscast are in the market for views, and rightfully so since that is what makes the money. They will do whatever makes sense from a business perspective. Slowpoke is desperate to be Top Dog, so it's no wonder he salivates at taking the video crown from those bastards at Technic and knock down KakerMix a notch :negative: it's just I don't care about being popular on the internet, I just think it's hilarious that he and the people being all dramatic about minecraft modpacks in this thread and in general *care* so much. I am not the star, neither is slowpoke, it's the modders that are.

Technic did what it was meant to do and it did it far better than it was supposed to, Technic is directly responsible for the FTB modpack, Technic is responsible for shoving these mods into literally tens of millions of players' hands, and helped popularize the names of Industrial Craft, RedPower, ComputerCraft etc outside of the Minecraft Modding community itself.

Basically I did what I set out to do and I'm not worried what happens to the ~modpack market~ because there is no personal loss for me when Technic dies (and it will, just like FTB and the mods and Minecraft itself) because it isn't important.

And that guy was banned because he was either an idiot, or a poor troll. Both fall under the 'moron' label, so he was removed. Like it has always been, go elsewhere if trying to keep a community at a minumim quality level offends you.

im fairly sure youre correct with that one

Well, I'm fairly sure he's not because I'm fairly sure that the FTB Launcher is based on MultiMC.

this seems like a ridiculous question. They want to show themselves to be better than technic and have complete separation. Even though it's pretty much the same thing. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it was started by technic.

I don't get why his question is ridiculous and yours isn't. That's not to say either is ridiculous. I just don't see an increase in the level of ridiculousness by transposing two proper names.

without technic I wouldn't be so in love with tubes and logistic pipes. never would have learned how to make awesome multi-mod builds like a super fast forestry machine with thaumcraft speedboosts. never would have learned the little amount of lua I know. probably wouldn't have figured out how to make my own modpack or become friends with engineers (seriously. they're everywhere.)

Without Technic, I probably wouldn't have been exposed to more than the occasional mod like OptiFine and a lot of Bukkit plugins. TBH, BuildCraft turned me off Minecraft modding completely because back then, the author didn't want to explain how BuildCraft works. Why? Because he sold a BuildCraft Manual for 4 bucks.