i come in peace as a worried tekkitter

Grantlop

Well, I'm fairly sure he's not because I'm fairly sure that the FTB Launcher is based on MultiMC.

actually, its not, forkk (multiMC's creator) has said this himself

i believe that he has said he started the FTB launcher project off but had to leave, so remnants of his code are still there, but as far as i know, 99% of it is done from scratch.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole point of any of this was to get mods in the hands of people that wouldn't bother so they could play the game I was playing and liked a lot. Since more people than ever now know and play and follow the developments of these mods I'd say I did quite the job, doesn't matter if it's Technic on the tin of Feed The Beast. :smug:

If you guys care that much about a label then you might want to stop and really think about what gets you so worked up. There is already a 60+ Tekkit series Yogscast have with as many millions of views, and those aren't going anywhere. (this isn't even taking into account the original Technic series or the Duncan one or the Sjiin (I think that's how you spell it) episodes either. Think about that exposure. Think of how much money they've made of of Tekkit itself. Yogscast are in the market for views, and rightfully so since that is what makes the money. They will do whatever makes sense from a business perspective. Slowpoke is desperate to be Top Dog, so it's no wonder he salivates at taking the video crown from those bastards at Technic and knock down KakerMix a notch :negative: it's just I don't care about being popular on the internet, I just think it's hilarious that he and the people being all dramatic about minecraft modpacks in this thread and in general *care* so much. I am not the star, neither is slowpoke, it's the modders that are.

Technic did what it was meant to do and it did it far better than it was supposed to, Technic is directly responsible for the FTB modpack, Technic is responsible for shoving these mods into literally tens of millions of players' hands, and helped popularize the names of Industrial Craft, RedPower, ComputerCraft etc outside of the Minecraft Modding community itself.

Basically I did what I set out to do and I'm not worried what happens to the ~modpack market~ because there is no personal loss for me when Technic dies (and it will, just like FTB and the mods and Minecraft itself) because it isn't important.

And that guy was banned because he was either an idiot, or a poor troll. Both fall under the 'moron' label, so he was removed. Like it has always been, go elsewhere if trying to keep a community at a minumim quality level offends you.

This is how we CAN have nice things!

I would have had many things to say, but everything I thought of has been said, and probably in a better way, by others.

P.S. SimpleGuy, engineers getting laid? What is this madness? *bitter laugh*

Ok, so I'm one of the devs of the FTB launcher, and I'd just like to clear this up.

The reason FTB uses the folder structure from multiMC is because it makes it a lot easier for the end user (after all, that's what this is all about) if they are able to use FTB instances in multiMC with one click importing, and it also makes it easier for third party packs to be built, as that's a big part of the FTB project, to allow others to distribute through us aswell.

Forkk did indeed start off the FTB Launcher project, but he left because he was too busy to maintain both launchers, we redid almost all of the code, but there could still be aspects of multiMC's launch code in particular still there (after all, we're both trying to do the same thing, launch minecraft)

MultiMC does a completely different thing to the FTB launcher though, we are here to download and install mods easily, and multiMC is there to let users build their packs manually.

I wanted to post this, as my attention was drawn to the thread, and I felt the need to defend my work.

so, again, FTB launcher IS coded from scratch, with compatability in mind, hope this cleared some things up :)

Ok, so I'm one of the devs of the FTB launcher, and I'd just like to clear this up.

The reason FTB uses the folder structure from multiMC is because it makes it a lot easier for the end user (after all, that's what this is all about) if they are able to use FTB instances in multiMC with one click importing, and it also makes it easier for third party packs to be built, as that's a big part of the FTB project, to allow others to distribute through us aswell.

Forkk did indeed start off the FTB Launcher project, but he left because he was too busy to maintain both launchers, we redid almost all of the code, but there could still be aspects of multiMC's launch code in particular still there (after all, we're both trying to do the same thing, launch minecraft)

MultiMC does a completely different thing to the FTB launcher though, we are here to download and install mods easily, and multiMC is there to let users build their packs manually.

I wanted to post this, as my attention was drawn to the thread, and I felt the need to defend my work.

so, again, FTB launcher IS coded from scratch, with compatability in mind, hope this cleared some things up :)

neat info, thanks.

Doesn't matter who's modpack it is or who made it or anything like that, its about making playing mods easier for people and thats what it is about, I don't see why people are freaking out because theres more than one modpack being worked on. We should co-exist peacefully instead of having all this drama and atleast be neutral or help eachother out, after all I'm pretty sure there all working for the same thing.

Here is slowpokes response to this thread for those that want to read it. Not really much in it other than slowpoke being slowpoke. However it does reflect the fact that everyone should put all the silly hate aside and just enjoy modded minecraft.

Edit- Damn blurry beat me

It's a game guys. Go have fun.

I think this should have been said so long ago... Why wasn't it? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!

As far as Slowpoke's response is concerned, I'm glad he's finally told his users to stop hating on Technic, because not only did it spam both forums up but it made both communities look pretty asshole like in the other's eyes. Perhaps people can stop raging about this now?

I'm pretty sure all points made so far have been cleared up, so to anyone trying to raise anything else, why bother? Just look at Cheapshot's post. Minecraft is a game. Games = fun. To have it. NOW!

Or else...

*Evil laughing for no apparent reason because I couldn't think of a threat*

We'll I can safely say I wont be stepping up to the plate to diplomatically chat with him on this one. Don't want to dignify all that. I will say my opinion though because I don't want to be misrepresented. That guy needs to relax. That "second time" didn't end when Kaker came back from vacation, it ended after about a week of me very respectfully conversing with him trying to be constructive, and he had a melt down and threw all our hard work and progress out the window because of one kid trolling him in youtube comments. KakerMix closed it because the thread was ruined. Slowpoke apologised to me for his behaviour and we felt it was best to end it and move on before it lost its value as a productive discussion.

I thought maybe it was a one time thing, and the stress of that week had just gotten to him. It was certainly hard on me. I can be understanding. His behaviour on a few occasions after that made me suspect I was wrong. You can only stir drama and insult someone on their own site so many times before they ban you. I don't get how that is confusing. Reading that post it sounds like he's going off the deep end again however, and coming from me that means something. I hope he is able to take a step back and breath. Overreacting and calling for drama is not what he should be doing if he intends to be a community leader. And it shouldn't have taken him this long to"put his foot down" and tell his users to bury the hatchet. FTB users have been regging here and spamming hate messages and trying to stir trouble since FTB came out. Disgusing behaviour. I don't want to see any of our users doing that, understand?

Don't see how it's condencending. Kaker did say some stuff about slowpoke that I'd say he had the right to defend.

Like he was trying to steal all the big youtubers.

Did it make more drama? Yes, but they both have to take the blame for it.

FTB users have been regging here and spamming hate messages and trying to stir trouble since FTB came out. Disgusing behaviour. I don't want to see any of our users doing that, understand?

Looking at the opposite direction, it's interesting to note that when FTB forums went live a solid handful of our more active members joined their site and have since become positive forces both here and there.

Well looks like we have a forum vs forum war going on between us and the FTB forums. Mod edit: no we don't. Not sure if I like it more or less then the whole mod pack vs mod pack war. Grant it I was kinda expecting something like this to occur sooner or later after slow got banned due to his personality.

If only people would just play the game and have fun.

Well looks like we have a forum vs forum war going on between us and the FTB forums. Not sure if I like it more or less then the whole mod pack vs mod pack war. Grant it I was kinda expecting something like this to occur sooner or later after slow got banned due to his personality.

If only people would just play the game and have fun.

A war would imply both sides care, and that both sides are showing hostilities.

Personally, I don't really think there's much fighting going on. There's just the occasional 5 year old kid who thinks he's being clever and helping FTB by trying to flame our forums. That's literally it, few people who have any sort of maturity bother with stuff like that.

Personally, I don't really think there's much fighting going on. There's just the occasional 5 year old kid who thinks he's being clever and helping FTB by trying to flame our forums. That's literally it, few people who have any sort of maturity bother with stuff like that.

This.

I enjoy both packs. I don't care for slowpoke, but I do enjoy using the FTB launcher and Technic Launcher.