i come in peace as a worried tekkitter

Grantlop

earlier on today in irc, ridgedog announced something a little worrying

yogscast will no longer be using tekkit, they'll be switching over to the 'other' pack...

i dont have the exact logs, but he said something along the lines of "due to our issues with kakermix, we decided now's as good a time as any to switch launchers"

i know about the sticky at the top, but i felt this impacted tekkit enough to post it here and not break the rules.

im wondering what other peoples opinions are on this (the whole issue, not the rules).

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not following the logic. How does the loss of a YouTube series dictate the death of a mod pack? Just because people, albeit semi-famous people, switch to another mod pack does not mean that everyone will jump ship and go to another mod pack. If those people are that fickle, they would leave for some other inane, bullshit reason anyway.

I'm still not following the logic. How does the loss of a YouTube series dictate the death of a mod pack? Just because people, albeit semi-famous people, switch to another mod pack does not mean that everyone will jump ship and go to another mod pack. If those people are that fickle, they would leave for some other inane, bullshit reason anyway.

And even if they did leave, I say again... Who cares? How does that affect us?

YES! The useless YogKids will be gone! Now I can play on public servers again!

On a more serious note, The yogscasts fannoobs will probably leave tekkit, but the idiocy of the yogscast being removed from tekkit may actually increase the fanbase.

Good. I hated watching them fumble around with the mechanical side of Tekkit and downright failing at EE. (Rythian being the only exception, occasionally.)

Now they will be fumbling around with the similar mods included in the FTB pack. I fail to see how this is different. If you watch them, you will hardly notice a change.

• Moderators

it will affect tekkit because yogscast is still the main publicity for it, like it or not (and i do not)

tekkit videos are their most popular, and all that publicity will be lost. im not stressing, im just a little worried for tekkit, thats all

KAKERMIX!!

Sell your jaguar!

Pawn your house!

Leave your wives and sell your children to medical experimentations!

Your main supplier of new users has left us!

Doom awaits us!!!

• Forum Administrators

Oh no issues with KakerMix? Is it because I didn't invite them over to my sleep over? :ohdear:

It's cool though, I'm sure Yogscast are going to stop making their most popular and most watched series on their channel at the height of it's popularity right now, totally.

• Moderators

I wonder if there even is a slightliest possibility that tekkiteers yogscasters in here would pack their bags and move to ftb.

Perhaps that's why they recruited so many moderators over there?

• Moderators

Naw. FTB is Technic pack without the name and all the obsolete and irrelevant drama that sticks around because once egos get involved drama is the next best thing to permanent. The FTB team would have to be blind to not figure this out, as all it takes is a look at Technic forums to realize the kind of community you're going to get.