i come in peace as a worried tekkitter

Grantlop

• Moderators

They don't last long thanks to the staff who weed them out.

..as all it takes is a look at Technic forums to realize the kind of community you're going to get.

I don't think she meant the minions of the whalebox. I think she meant the forum as is.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw. FTB is Technic pack without the name and all the obsolete and irrelevant drama that sticks around because once egos get involved drama is the next best thing to permanent. The FTB team would have to be blind to not figure this out, as all it takes is a look at Technic forums to realize the kind of community you're going to get.

The funny thing is that there will be egos and drama on the FTB forums/site/whatever. It's just a matter of time.

ITT: mountains made out of molehills.

ridgedog happens to be the main or at least one of the main people behind the voxelbox modpack. you know, the one that is now in the FTB launcher as well as technic? chances are, he was talking about that, not the yogscast tekkit series.

jesus, OP, the sky isn't falling. if you want to have a real discussion about stuff, stop being so sensationalistic and flying off the handle like this.

• Moderators

Ridgedog should know about how hard it is to get a large amount of mods updates when new updates from MC are coming fast and furious. He should also understand that a large pack like Technic/Tekkit is a lot harder to update and keep updates than a relatively small one with a few authors like the voxel pack.

But hey, if any of this is true, it's more likely that the 'It's not updated in a while' is just rationalization of buying into the FTB hype.

what about the "figured its a good time to switch launchers" part? plus this was in the FTB irc channel...

pretty much it means that too many people are listening to the preacher. If more mod authors are going to switch to a stance of exclusivity to a modpack it will lead to people quitting minecraft altogether. If this is truly the direction the mod authors want to take the community than I will frankly be done playing at all. It defeats the purpose of making a mod for people to play and then limit the audience that is allowed to play it.

I am curious as to what slowpoke's thoughts are with regards to FTB and its usage as well as usage of technic/tekkit. I mean, does he want NOBODY to use the technic launcher in his perfect world? And separately does he want ONLY his launcher to be used by the users? Two distinct questions unrelated to each other. The only reason I ask/am thinking is that essentially he is trying to steer Mojang's customers in a direction of HIS choosing.

what about the "figured its a good time to switch launchers" part? plus this was in the FTB irc channel...

listen, if you're gonna play the "but what about <insert additional information not previously mentioned for no good reason>" game, post some chat logs. otherwise, cut the over dramatic crap.

Oh for fuck's sake did he have to get banned? I know he didn't pull the most intelligent move, but this just feels like censorship.

This is a forum for people who want to have reasonable discussions in a sane and mature way. The op did not do this, and failed to correct his error when given the chance.

Fact is, every ftb thread turns into a crap fest of idiots spouting off about things they either don't understand, or can't communicate in a reasonable way.

Basically, this is why we can't have nice things.

Edit: also this forum had always been heavily censored, in that people who do not abide by the rules are silenced.

Oh for fuck's sake did he have to get banned? I know he didn't pull the most intelligent move, but this just feels like censorship.

Gotta echo everyone else here. We're not editing the hard hitting reality out of his posts and flushing evidence. He literally had none.

Pretty sure this thread wasn't his only "mistake" either, spartanyanni.

I can confirm this. Before my earlier reply, I checked his post history because the name sounded familiar. He had at least 4 I-don't-want/mean-to-start-drama-but posts.

Good riddance.