When did you buy minecraft?

Smurfkiller9000

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started playing since Indev. So yeah, I was one of the first people to buy it. If I dig hard enough on my home PC, I might be able to dig up an indev screenshot or two. I'm at work, though.

Ah, the day when Infdev came out. Oh no, the day when they fixed cart collisions making it impossible to make cart boosters that'd propel you at 150 sanics/h for several thousand blocks.

many. The multiplayer was terribad for a long time. Early minecarts had a tendency to clip into something and go flying off at high speeds.

There was even a period of time right at the beginning where player inventories weren't server-side, right? I remember something like that.

Because everyone here must know the game well, did most people get it in Alpha? Or did you jump on the bandwagon and get it after the end of Beta? Myself, I got it around Beta 1.5-1.6.

I pirated obtained a legal demo of the game during infdev to play with it, I instantly fell for it and realized I wanted those updates asap. So I went ahead and shelled out the 10$ for it. No regrets.

Forgot exact version but was early alpha. I remember being overjoyed with my cliff side house (I miss the hilariously bad terrain generation) and the brand new furnace cart. I immediately spent a small mountain of iron for tracks only to see it chunk along at a less-than-walking pace.

I first heard of it when it was around alpha 1.2.2 or something like that. Didn't catch my attention. I later saw a video of equivalent exchange, when the game was in 1.7.3. I immediately acquired a 100% legal copy, and had a blast. I probably would have never bought it due to cash problems for a while, but then technic went to the launcher. I loved technic so much I immediately threw my money at the screen. This was in 1.1 of course.