Radioactive eruption

Pietro_

So I've set up my first nuclear fission reactor using Atomic Science and followed the recommended setup with a temperature sensor and control rod. I've tested my redstone wiring and threw a fission fuel rod in the reactor. It worked fine and temperature stayed below 600K.

2 days later, I suddenly drown in some sort of radioactive waste filling up my entire base. After respawning (and going to creative mode), I see several huge radioactive waste eruptions going straight trough my base. The weird thing is: my reactor is still working fine and no radioactive waste is even close to my reactor. So where does this come from? Can I clean it up somehow? My entire home base is flooded....

Thanks for any advice.

P

It's a glitch alright.  But sadly, it's a known one with fission reactor drains.  If you don't drain the toxic waste from your reactor, it will "spill" into the surrounding area in tall fountain shaped structures, similar to natural oil wells.  This is working as designed, but...  Using a reactor drain, you're supposed to be able to pump the waste out of the reactor safely so it does not build up and leak.

The problem lies with the reactor drain.  Even with a setup done correctly, and a pipe pumping the waste out of the drain, the drain sometimes fails to actually drain the waste, leading to "leaks".  It's been reported to Calclavia already on more then one occasion.  Hopefully a fix for this and some of the other problems can be found soon.

Indeed, my toxic waste wasn't draining. I installed a servo on the liquiduct and it's working fine now. However, It's filling up my tanks quite fast. I have the impression that the fission reactor does not work as expected. Temperature only goes up to 400K, the thermometer does not respond (even when putting the threshhold to 200K) and the fissile fuel rods seem to magically refill themselves when I take them out of the reactor and put them back in.

Conclusion: Atomic Science is very buggy...