Minecraft Snapshot 12w34a

Sir_Grox

As with most Thursdays, a new Minecraft snapshot was released today! This snapshot added Item Frames, the ability to dye your leather armor, and most importantly, a new (work in progress) unique boss mob! For a full changelog, follow this link. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions#12w34a

What is your opinion on this new snapshot, and what do you think will be added next snapshot?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of new food crops. Wheat and melons were getting a bit old. It would be nice if the hunger system were a bit more advanced, but...that's just me, I guess.

Also, night vision potions = caving without torches! Woo! Wait...night vision & invisibility...hmmmm...

Someone's got to tell Vechs about Tekkit, I could only imagine how frustratingly difficult that would be.

Also now that mobs can hold items and possibly use them, that gives mr. Balkon a good opportunity to make PvE a lot more difficult. Imagine Skeletons with muskets and zombies with knives and axes.

Well, I think it's been seen that Skeletons holding anything that's not a bow will still fire arrows at your from nowhere.

Well it's only a snapshot, but knowing Mojang, they may not develop it any further. I still think it's an amusing concept.

Just a question, if you enchant a bow with let’s say Power 10 and fire aspect (using NEI’s enchanting) and give it to a skeleton, will it have the enchant effects?

Yes it will, same for giving it enchanted armor and the fun thing is that map makers can use mcedit filters to make custom mob spawners. That spawn mobs with custom gear setups and they can even configure if the mobs can drop the gear or not when killed.