EE and Tekkit

VermillionX

Another problem I have is that people I meet have next to no knowledge of anything other than basic IC2 machines and the obvious : Equivalent Exchange.

i use to be one of those people, basic solar pannels and macerating, i hated on Redpower becuase i thought it was too much like buildcraft and ic2.

Things have changed having a server has really opend my eyes to some of the AMAZING things the other mods can make.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, i have the really simply solution. There needs to be 2 EMC value lists. Just like Gamestop, items have a sell value in emc and then they have a create/buy value much much higher. Even for vanilla and EE alone I think this would be the best thing added.

I use EE with a simple rule: I put an item in, I take the same item out. This is mostly because I'd need ungodly amounts of diamond chests to store the ice that my ice machine creates, but convert it to Red Matter (or tungsten) and it's possible to store. There is no magic ice from a torch, a collector, and a condenser.

I must agree that EE using is OP. Because EE:

- has a larger scale of leveling (from 1 Energy block to omega)

- very easy to use. Almost idiotic compare with other mods.

- Collectors are like a factory in one block

- Transmutation table is like a cheating card game. Make furnace any kind complete useless.

- op tools. make obsolete miners, quarry, any automation of mining. All benefits in one, like lord of the ring

- end game in EE is way to powerfully compare to other mods. and scale of progress in EE is linear and easy.

Even so, some benefits are so cool, that I am prefer to have EE in tekkit, because is so handy. I hope EE3 will made mixture EE with technic much better.

An improvement can be time of conversion to be significant not instant like now.

Someone has stated that in Minecaft, apart from the normal "hard" resources, time and lag should be taken into consideration. I agree with this. EE totally ignores those, as transmutation happens instantly and you don't have to make an complicated arrangement of pipes and machines to achieve something.

Anyway, whole idea of "equivalent exchange" of resources is broken, invalid in it's mere core. Value of things depends on supply and demand, thus something valuable for me may be a piece of dung for someone else. Something that is precious for me now, may totally unimportant in the next 10 minutes. EE doesn't refer to the laws of supply and demand in any manner.

From the whole EE I have only tested the transmutation tablet. I was disgusted of how game ruining this thing is. "I need redstone... PUFF! four stacks of redstone from a single stack of glowstone which I have in bunches". Seriously, what the hell? Where's the effort? Where's the fun part? That was the end of my adventure with EE.

Wouldn't it be interesting if EMC values were synchronised with the number of items being ingame on the server?

If some talented modder spent some of his own hard earned time, they could probably balance it well. However, I don't mod, I assume you don't mod, so somebody else would have to be dedicated enough to do it.

Here's the good news. Pahimar, the current creator of EE, is completely rewriting the mod.

And it sounds like he is putting lots of effort into balance, so we will see how it turns out.

Here's the good news. Pahimar, the current creator of EE, is completely rewriting the mod.

And it sounds like he is putting lots of effort into balance, so we will see how it turns out.

I agree.

I think there should be 2 different EMC values. One for Vanilla and one for Technic/Tekkit.

In vannila minecraft 1 bone = 3 bonemeal ( I think) but you can macerate the bone in IC2 to get 5 bonemeal ( If I remember well)

This was intended as a discussion/debate. Not a flamefest or a demand for the tekkit devs.

So... What do I want? Should be obvious. I personally want Equivalent Exchange removed from Tekkit for the sake of all worlds and all servers. To bring skill, patience and challenge back into Tekkit. But that's just what I want.

The usual response from those "excitable little kids" is: "If you don't like it. Don't use it."

Don't be a little kid. Look at a real server in the long-term, given months of abuse at the hands of Equivalent Exchange. Just "not using it" on a server won't work if competing players take out all the layers that hold diamonds before you even get there, or blow holes in the ground where you could've built a town, freeze the water around your island home or harvest your wheat for emc so you can starve. None of this used to happen. Now it happens on every server.

Now, will you all reply like excitable little kids, or sensible adults?

No, sir, there were absolutely no demands or flamebait in the last paragraph of the OP at all.

You seem to be heavily invested in the way other people play a sandbox game.

You seem to be heavily invested in being well... stupid.

There were no demands. Only a personal desire/recommendation and it is clearly phrased that way... THREE times. You not only quoted a section of my post that contradicted your statement, you misinterpretted the following section of text which is the equivalent to the minecraftforum rules for posting "There's a mod for that" in suggestion threads.

So your mindset is that you only care how you play the game and screw everyone else? I'm sure you're probably a consumate griefer who's been banned from countless servers and just plainly doesn't care about anyone else as long as you have a good time...

So your mindset is that you only care how you play the game and screw everyone else?

Look at who's trying to get EE out of Tekkit so that people can't play it as easily.

Some people like EE. Good for those people.

Some people don't like EE. They can EASILY disable it on their server or play in a server that has it disabled.

If EE gets out of Tekkit:

The people that don't like EE get a SLIGTLY easier life.

The people who DO like EE Have to install it manualy, coordinate the versions they are going to install and have to Uninstall EE Every time they want to play on a server with EE disabled.

I say: Currently it works and in my opinion it is the best way.

In a thread that launches into conversation with "Now, will you all reply like excitable little kids, or sensible adults?", I am extremely close to making sensible adults out of the excitable little kids here making blanket statements and being provocative.

i'm only provocative when I wear that little red number you like :)

Simple answer to this whole thread.

If don't like. Find a server that has it disabled. And vice versa.

From what I've read its 50/50 on the whole thing. I personally have EE disabled on my server but I don't think it should be removed. Its a choice. If you take choices away from people you're taking away half the tekkit community with you.

Frankly, I'm pretty sure the argument has run it's course. We've made suggestions, called each other idiots/excitable little kids, and now there isn't really much of anything left to talk about. Just to wait for this magical rewrite of EE to make everyone happy, and for now just go on with your life.

Frankly, I'm pretty sure the argument has run it's course. We've made suggestions, called each other idiots/excitable little kids, and now there isn't really much of anything left to talk about. Just to wait for this magical rewrite of EE to make everyone happy, and for now just go on with your life.

That's assuming this "magical rewrite" is any more balanced than the current version. It could just be an addition of 20 new items that do much the same OP stuff as the current version.

"NO! I want everyone to have to play the way I want to! No no no! My way! Do it for me, make everyone play my way, Technic Pack creators!"

It's starting to sound more and more like this. Although I kinda detected this in the OP.

I agree. Disabling EE ( or parts of it) in a server is easy. Installing it togeter with Tekkit and make every player isntall it isn't as eay.