[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

well mil, i can say this, to get rid of unkown blocks get it into your inventory, but dont select them in the hotbar. open up inventory and drop them, and torch them with flint & steel. thats what i did. if they get stuck in a applied energistics system it will crash the client when you access the terminal, however there is a way to get rid of it.

if you open each disk drive in an me chest, you can find out where the unkown are, and take out and destroy them. this information is for future refrence and is a result of a couple hours spent experimenting with removal and disposal of said objects :P. hope this helps anybody who experiences the same.

The problem is that the server wont load past it, so in game fix's aren't possible and I don't feel comfortable mucking around in LogMeIn to try to change the files physically. Intresting note about it being unknown blocks in a RP sorter. From what I read last night it looked more like an error with frames interacting with something from Immibis. Which would mean my Mobile Miner, which was on at the time of the crash.

Uber, Not sure who has the Unknown? items looping. It is just in the crash report. I am going to download the map and see if I can remove it in SSP. doubt it though. The server will not even boot up with the issue at all. Keeps getting a "Severe" Crash Report everytime during the startup :(. I am working on it though :).

oh so its that kind of crash i see. i was thinking it had something to do with being in a certain area and getting a client crash. well that sux :S well dunno how thats going to be fixed. I imagine wiping out all the mystcraft ages would be a solution, but ks7 will have to decide that. ill lose some hv solars and my farms but i cant see a way past it. i suppose ks could even restart the map and have everyone start again :S dunno. that would suck majorly :S

as far as mystcraft is concerned, im of the opinion now that http://ftbwiki.org/Stable_Ages this link should be a manditory read before creating worlds. and as to the amount of worlds well :S maybe a limit of 2 per person should be set im not sure. i hate to put limits on a game that isnt supposed to have any, but we are dealing with a finite resource (server computer wise) so i guess it would be best. I also think it may be a good idea to disable the pocket dungeon/dimension mod, or disable immediate backups of them, since the lag it causes is severe, and purpose is pretty pointless. they really dont have a good use. im not a mod or the owner so these are just my thoughts, not trying to tell anyone what to do. also, from what ive heard, KS7 has already had some of these thoughts as well.

a little rambly today sorry, but when i talked with ks7 the other day i idly threw out using direwolf20's modpack in FTB, since it is more vanilla like with ore spawns to make it more challenging, and he replied that he may just do that. not sure if he has given it serious thought or just said that out of frusteration, not sure :S. im happy with the bigdig pack, i think its great, aside from the downsides of the pocket dimensions being worthless and causing problems when people start dimension hopping.

at anyrate i hope the server can be revived, i enjoy the people on there, its nice to be able to play with so many cool people.

EDIT: a side note to KS, i was looking through the config folders on my server and found that you can actually enable/disable each page in mystcraft through the mystcraft config text file. so you can disable the oil page if you wish :) without disabling the entire mod.

Well form the looks of it the only thing that needs to be deleted is the MobileMiner.. There are 3rd party tools to load and edit worlds so the only people losing things will be me. And I have no problems with that. One of the main issues I have with Direwolf's pack is Xzycraft and Portal Gun mod, Xzycraft being buggier then mystcraft and Portal Gun being more OP then oil worlds and Flower arrays combined.

I really wouldn't like to start fresh again. Hard to invest time into building something that you know could easily be wiped out next week if another problem arises. Ks, why is the server so unstable? Sounds like you could use those Phenoms I'm selling :D Eh? Eh? Eh? :D

Don't worry peeps, there are multiple server backups, no problem. The Mining world can be removed if needed as well, and restarted. The server issues are not hardware related actually as well. All due to the fact that it is indeed an "Open" server and sometimes that free reign leads to server shut downs/crashes. All having to do with the actual client of course. Hardware is more than capable of handling an MC Server.

It will be back up as soon as possible of course.

I actually have been getting a lot of freezes, hang-ups, and crashes lately. My machine should more than be able to handle whatever gets thrown at it, but Big Dig has been so finnicky, even in a single-player test bed I made.

In all reality, the only issue with BigDig thus far is Dimensional Doors, and a smidge of Mystcraft. Most other mods play well together (except for the current issue, RedpowerFrames+ImmibisCore confliction).

As players of the server, we live an learn what not to do :). Of course, that is part of an OPEN Server. You trade the 100% uptime for freedom on OPEN Servers and most will agree that is ok :)

I don't use dimensional doors at all. Truth be told, I'm scared of them :o

And I really don't mind about 100% uptime. That was mostly a joke anyway (no but furreal yall want mah processors?). I just don't like the idea of restarting fresh so often. Even at all, really.

I don't use dimensional doors at all. Truth be told, I'm scared of them :o

And I really don't mind about 100% uptime. That was mostly a joke anyway (no but furreal yall want mah processors?). I just don't like the idea of restarting fresh so often. Even at all, really.

No worries. As I said before there is no need or risk of having to restart completely. At most the only person who will lose anything should be me.

Okay now this is strange, I'm getting a message asking if I wan to run in offline mode because my login failed, did Mojang go down? O.o Cuz I'm on the internet and watching netflix so......

Okay now this is strange, I'm getting a message asking if I wan to run in offline mode because my login failed, did Mojang go down? O.o Cuz I'm on the internet and watching netflix so......

Getting the same message. My guess is Mojang went down.

So I take it the server can't get back up?, been trying for a while now

Like I said we're working on it. Since I don't have physical access to the server I have to rely on uploading and downloading things remotely to delete the offending blocks from the world.. Unfortunatly that takes awhile.. Provided I have no problems getting it deleted and depending on how long it takes the server box to download the new files we're looking at another 6-8 hours. From my side at least. If KS comes home earlier then that I'm sure he can get it fixed up in a jiffy.

Like I said we're working on it. Since I don't have physical access to the server I have to rely on uploading and downloading things remotely to delete the offending blocks from the world.. Unfortunatly that takes awhile.. Provided I have no problems getting it deleted and depending on how long it takes the server box to download the new files we're looking at another 6-8 hours. From my side at least. If KS comes home earlier then that I'm sure he can get it fixed up in a jiffy.

alrighty then, I have anime to catch up on anyway

Ok so an update before I go to bed. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the age and not lose peoples things, but none of them have worked. So it looks like we're gonna lose that age. I wont do anything until tomorrow afternoon so if KS gets it fixed hoorah but I don't think it can be fixed without losing the entire age. Just wanted to give you guys a head up that If you're using the Mining age you're probably going to lose whats there.

Like I said I wont do anything till tomorrow. If Ks hasn't done so by then I'll go ahead and delete the age and get the server back up.

Ok so an update before I go to bed. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the age and not lose peoples things, but none of them have worked. So it looks like we're gonna lose that age. I wont do anything until tomorrow afternoon so if KS gets it fixed hoorah but I don't think it can be fixed without losing the entire age. Just wanted to give you guys a head up that If you're using the Mining age you're probably going to lose whats there.

Like I said I wont do anything till tomorrow. If Ks hasn't done so by then I'll go ahead and delete the age and get the server back up.

I'd say, back up the age before you delete it, so we can ensure that it IS the age that is the problem

I am noticing a pattern here. look at all the old posts and look what is crashing the server. Mystcraft... i think we need to regulate it. what i mean is have 2 worlds one mining world like tubs then a stable world for random stuff. then ban the rest of mystcraft except linking books, lecturns, stands, and portals. i am pretty sure that will solve most of the problems. I know this we probably get people mad at me but it's what i view on the subject.

I am noticing a pattern here. look at all the old posts and look what is crashing the server. Mystcraft... i think we need to regulate it. what i mean is have 2 worlds one mining world like tubs then a stable world for random stuff. then ban the rest of mystcraft except linking books, lecturns, stands, and portals. i am pretty sure that will solve most of the problems. I know this we probably get people mad at me but it's what i view on the subject.

No this wasn't cause by mystcraft. From the stack its a Bug with RP frames and Dimensional Anchors not playing well. Our players are doing a good job of regulating themselves atm.

@Jacen we have backup of our backups so thats fine... I'm testing a few fix's on my personal server atm with our world data to make sure but hopefully everything will be sorted soon.

EDIT**

Ok I've got a working fix and am uploading it to the server box. No one should lose anything, I did save the Mining age.. Only things changed are My Miner and KS's are gone. So everything else is the same and unchanged. The server should be up within the hour.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons