[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

Crap...BigDig keeps updating me to 1.5.2 when I don't want it too. I don't know what to do 'till I find a way to bring me back to 1.4.7. Until then I will be off for a short while.

if you find something, could you tell me too? I've got the same problem, and it's quite annoying :P

On the launcher under the Big Dig selection there's a little gear icon. Click that.

41622pm.png

Then in the window that pops up select "Manually Select Build" and in the drop down box select 1.2.2 and click save.

41638pm.png

Hope this helps.

In game name: Zaenyea

Are you currently banned from any servers? No.

Minecraft experience to date:I've been playing a couple of years now.

Why do you want to play on our server?I'm still looking for a small friendly mature server to play on. I was asked to add more info as to why I want to play on this server. I read your ad. It sounds like a nice server to play on. I like minecraft. I enjoy building. Its relaxing. Not sure what else you are wanting me to add here exactly.

• In game name: sabakugaara8
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? Nope
  • Minecraft experience to date: I've been playing Minecraft for a few years
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server
  • I've been looking for a good Big Dig server to play on, one that isn't full of people who are just there to make everyone else's day awful. When I found your server in the list, it looked epic. Plus, it seems that you have a great, friendly community.

On the launcher under the Big Dig selection there's a little gear icon. Click that.

41622pm.png

Then in the window that pops up select "Manually Select Build" and in the drop down box select 1.2.2 and click save.

41638pm.png

Hope this helps.

Ah yes, that might work, but I think it's the minecraft version that's wrong, with me it's 1.5.2, but the server runs on 1.4.7...

but I'll try this later :) thanks!

Ah yes, that might work, but I think it's the minecraft version that's wrong, with me it's 1.5.2, but the server runs on 1.4.7...

but I'll try this later :) thanks!

The issue is that the newest Big Dig version (1.3.X) is running on 1.5.2 Minecraft version base with the new version of mods.. And our server is at 1.2.2 (1.4.7 Minecraft version) so its not compatible. Setting your pack to use the 1.2.2 build will downgrade the Minecraft version back to 1.4.7 and allow you to play on the server.

Since people have asked about updating to 1.3.5, I feel like we should probably talk about it. For those who don't know, the newest version updates to 1.5.2, and adds (to name the big ones) Nether Ores, Galacticraft, Greg's Lighting, Immibis Microblocks, and all of the Universal Electricity mods. However, the update also removes RedPower, IndustrialCraft (and all of its submods, most likely permanently), Railcraft (also likely permanently), Mystcraft, and Logistics Pipes.

Personally, I think the added mods more than make up for the lost ones now that their functionality has been replaced in one way or another by other mods, but I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions too.

I loath anything that doesn't have RP. If for no other reason then the frames, wiring and single tile logic gates. Not to mention that the Mystcraft (while being a serious headache) has legitimate uses in terms of keeping the Overworld from being filled with holes from quarries. Also an Update of that magintude would require a new world to be created. Since this one is FILLED with blocks from the removed mods. Of course, we could always go the route of modifying the pack to suit our needs.

In the end my opinion remains the same regardless. What I've built can be rebuilt and I would play a potato so long as our community was there. (I was getting unsatisfied with my build anyway and starting over would be a lot easier then moving. I just couldn't bring myself to abandon all that stuff.)

Also an Update of that magintude would require a new world to be created. Since this one is FILLED with blocks from the removed mods.

I'm beginning to realize that myself, there's no way we'd be able to convert it without massive issues. I was thinking about updating and modifying it myself to add in Railcraft, but RedPower is a no go since it hasn't been updated for 1.5.2 yet. I would almost consider staying at 1.4.7 for it, but given the amount of new content we'd have access to by updating, I'm willing to take the loss.

I'll probably throw up a test server for the new version on the other rig so we can tinker around in it before switching over, I'll post the IP once I have it setup.

Im thinking I would like to stay with the server we have going. Not a fan of the updated Big Dig. (No redpower, IC, Railcraft etc) so my proposition would be kinda like you guys said, just update the mods instead of the pack? Not sure if this is possible or not, that is my opinion.

I don't know any of the new mods. I honestly don't mind if we update. I can adapt and I don't think I use anything other than mysticraft, and I barely use that. I'm always okay with a restart. Now I know everything about bees, it'll be a lot faster and painless process. Plus I was basically burning down my old place anyways. I also was pretty close to five people, that was kind of annoying >> I had to watch where I dug/built so I'd like to re-locate on the new update.

I'M FOR IT! :D

I don't know any of the new mods. I honestly don't mind if we update. I can adapt and I don't think I use anything other than mysticraft, and I barely use that. I'm always okay with a restart. Now I know everything about bees, it'll be a lot faster and painless process. Plus I was basically burning down my old place anyways. I also was pretty close to five people, that was kind of annoying >> I had to watch where I dug/built so I'd like to re-locate on the new update.

I'M FOR IT! :D

• In game name: DangerousPirate
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: No, I have been playing this game since the early beta and have not been banned yet.
  • Minecraft experience to date: May of 2011.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server:
  • Just like in real life I prefer to live in a nice neighborhood and meet nice people who will not vandalize my property :), and hopefully things will turn out great on this server. I have also been on many servers prior to noticing this one where they did not stay on for long. After looking through this form of 96 pages I know that this server will continue running in the distance future. Most important my friend recommended me to this server and I would like to have some Big Dig party time with him and then some.

• In game name: DangerousPirate
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: No, I have been playing this game since the early beta and have not been banned yet.
  • Minecraft experience to date: May of 2011.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server:
  • Just like in real life I prefer to live in a nice neighborhood and meet nice people who will not vandalize my property :), and hopefully things will turn out great on this server. I have also been on many servers prior to noticing this one where they did not stay on for long. After looking through this form of 96 pages I know that this server will continue running in the distance future. Most important my friend recommended me to this server and I would like to have some Big Dig party time with him and then some.

I can confirm this guy is cool.

It looks like the latest build of the pack (1.3.7) HAS readded Mystcraft. I'll keep it enabled like before, but there are going to be some new rules this time around. Specifically, I don't want anyone outside of the OP's or Admins creating new ages without prior permission from me. I'll be disabling the crafting of books for non-OP players as soon as I figure out how, but I'd like people to go by the honor system until then.

• In game name: CommanderCorona

• Are you currently banned from any servers?: No

• Minecraft experience to date: Fluent in Minecraft sinceFebruary 2011

• A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: Always eager for a new adventure see great builds and add one or two of my own. Easy to get along with and always respect others in everything I do, when in doubt: don't do it. Most important my friend recommended me to this server and I would like to have some Big Dig party time with him and then some.

It looks like the latest build of the pack (1.3.7) HAS readded Mystcraft. I'll keep it enabled like before, but there are going to be some new rules this time around. Specifically, I don't want anyone outside of the OP's or Admins creating new ages without prior permission from me. I'll be disabling the crafting of books for non-OP players as soon as I figure out how, but I'd like people to go by the honor system until then.

So is the test bit up now? Also you can disable crafting for mystcraft things under config/mystcraft_config.txt. You can disable individual pages too.

In game name: arallak

Are you currently banned from any servers? I've never been banned.

Minecraft experience to date: I play about 2 or 3 years.

A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server: I like to make friends and build things practical and legal. Your server seems ideal for me to get both. I also hope to be able to help in the evolution of it.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons