I miss Industrial Craft...

UnholyD

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it also has awesome features like auto-ejecting items out a side, or automatically outputting liquids into attached pipes/liquiducts without needing pumping or anything. And, being configurable? Awesome! I remember the pain of trying to get redpower tubes and IC2 machines to play nicely. IC2 had hardcoded sides and could make machine placement awkward.

Holy crap. So many mad ppl who cant let go of outdated mods. Its quite funny to see. And still i dont understand what the point is here? U wanna complain that some stuff u think is the best isnt in the pack? Why, the launcher gave u to option to make ur own packs, and share them?

But i guess there is just some lazy ass ppl who doesnt wanna do the work themself, and rather complain about others arent making it for them.

I just love the new tekkit, i love the way it put together what it can do, and what it cant. So yes i like the stuff from Tekkit classic, but u know what, i like this more. If i didnt i would still play the old tekkit. And so can u.

New features? what does IC2 has or could get that we dont already have much better and with reliable updates?

RELIABLE UPDATES.

IC2 has not been properly updated for a very long time. please not that just making the mod available for the next minecraft version does not count. even less if it never actually reaches recommended status.

In times like these, I'm glad that I learned Thermal Expansion and MineFactory Reloaded in Tekkit Lite. A lot of my friends kept saying I should use IC2 stuff because it's "better", and now those same friends refuse to switch to the new Tekkit because they don't understand TE.

In times like these, I'm glad that I learned Thermal Expansion and MineFactory Reloaded in Tekkit Lite. A lot of my friends kept saying I should use IC2 stuff because it's "better", and now those same friends refuse to switch to the new Tekkit because they don't understand TE.

TE could not be easier. pulverize ---> Smelt -----> build.

New features? what does IC2 has or could get that we dont already have much better and with reliable updates?

RELIABLE UPDATES.

IC2 has not been properly updated for a very long time. please not that just making the mod available for the next minecraft version does not count. even less if it never actually reaches recommended status.

IC2 has machines that are faster and introduces a method of tripling ore yield in 1.6.

Its also updated faster while TE wasn't even guaranteed to be updated unless the FTB team received 12k raised during the charity stream.

IC2 has machines that are faster and introduces a method of tripling ore yield in 1.6.

Its also updated faster while TE wasn't even guaranteed to be updated unless the FTB team received 12k raised during the charity stream.

1.- Those times are gone. Now ic2 is the one no longer being updated. Regardeless of donations, since the creator is MIA. I guess RL got to him.

2.- TE has the option to triple mineral output. Not that you even needed that. Quarries produce so much that once your processing system is up it wont matter.

3.- faster machines is meh. Do it properly and you will Never have to wait for stuff to be done, just like with point 2. In all the time ive played tekkit, not once ive had to wait for something out of my machines. Well... Maybe once.. But i was making a fussion reactor with a 64x64 particle accelerator. Thats a lot of bronze :/

1. IC2 is 1.6.2, the core mechanics are being rebuilt and it's so far solid. Are you expecting them to update to snapshots?

2. TE doesn't have an option to triple ore output. If I'm wrong please enlighten me on this process.

3. Slower machines are even meher

The fact that you may have all these resources doesn't make TE machines any quicker.

Also King Lemming will stop development for TE within months.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/figured-id-drop-in.29881/

1. It doesn't really matter does it? The tekkit team has pretty much stated that IC2 and RP2 are NOT going back in.

2. Yes it does. Enriched slag using the induction smelter.

3. How? If you have a steady stream being processed in parallel, how is that not comparable to small peaks of material at a faster rate? I use an array of pulverizers and furnaces, each dedicated to a single ore. Automated with Applied Energistics, they are all done being processed and stored as ingots by the time I get back from a mining run. If that's the case, why would I care if it took 10 minutes per ore, when 3 are done in parralel, compared to 5 minutes per ore one at a time? They are all done regardless and I don't notice the difference. If you really want to smelt faster, use an induction furnace with sand to speed up the time.

ALSO, I do believe (and I think I'll be corrected if wrong), that KingLemming has stated plans for adding upgrades of a sort to Thermal Expansion.

Viv srsly this is not an argument worth having and for the record

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone.

Just to point something out, the changes in my life are not BAD things by any stretch. And I'm not gone for good. We have some new devs being folded into the team, and they're going to do some pretty good stuff. I'll be a creative consultant on some level I know, and my incredibly picky code cleanup will probably work its way in there, I just won't be spending hours and hours on it every weekend like I used to.

TE 3.0 is coming, I just can't give an ETA.

KL is not just leaving the mod and its users in the lurch, he has plans to finish it, and a team that will keep working on it, hes not stopping development, hes stepping back. jesus if you are gonna use a source at least read the whole damn thing first. IC2 may be 1.6.2 but until very recently albaka or w/e hadn't given the OK for the other people to even do a new release he had just disappeared so unless you count gregtech there were no actual ic2 updates, also TE's basic tier of stuff gives about 2.2x ore because of pulverizer byproducts, making it far superior to macerators, and speed shouldn't be an issue, if you want faster smelting Mekanism beats the pants off of IC2 a single block that can smelt 7 stacks at a time with working sided input and is upgradeable. Done.