I miss Industrial Craft...

UnholyD

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Pulverising provides higher tier byproducts for common ores (iron - ferrous, copper - gold). Rare ore produce each other: silver - lead. Ferrous produce shiny metal. The only ore producing nothing else if pulverised is gold, but sacrificing other ores for that (mind copper - gold pulverising) isn't worth it. And it makes distribution system more complex.

Both the pulverizer and the induction smelter have a low chance of producing secondary output, ranging between 5-10%. In the case of the pulverizer, you only get the secondary that is relevant to the input (such as lead byproduct for silver). This is fine and all, but in the case of the induction smelter, you actually get the secondary that can be used on ANY other ore. Instead of pulverizing gold ore and getting 10% copper, you can induction smelt gold ore, get 10% rich slag, and then use that rich slag on other gold ore to get 10% more gold instead of copper. tl;dr it's more flexible.

The only exception is pulverizing ferrous ore, since I don't think there are any other ways to get shiny dust/ingots.

I just stick with the pulverizer. Its the only way to get platinum in the overworld, and its so..... shiny..... =o

The induction smelter is really only useful to me for hardened glass and making electrum and invar more easily.

I have been running ic2 on my server for several months now. I have a actually almost entirely recreated the original tekkit pack with a few modifications. No redpower yet. EE3. TreeCapitator, and Dimensional Doors. Message me if you want the modpack and/or my server IP. The server has only one plugin, creeperheal. If more ppl want to join, I may add towny or something to regulate it. If anyone knows about a dev version of redpower, let me know.

I have been running ic2 on my server for several months now. I have a actually almost entirely recreated the original tekkit pack with a few modifications. No redpower yet. EE3. TreeCapitator, and Dimensional Doors. Message me if you want the modpack and/or my server IP. The server has only one plugin, creeperheal. If more ppl want to join, I may add towny or something to regulate it. If anyone knows about a dev version of redpower, let me know.

Red power is done. There's no way it can redeem it's self. Mods have already replaced and passed red powers capabilities.

RedLogic, RedstoneInMotion(WIP), Immiblis's Microblocks... yeah, those are the mods you're looking for. No word on the "itemduct" that Lemming mentioned a month back yet, though, but that's not a problem IMO.

The induction will smelt 2 dust and 1 sand into 2 ingots and a chance of normal slag for a fraction of the power required to smelt a single dust into a single ingot in the normal powered furnace.

They are also much faster, which works nicely in an ME Network.

I don't fully understand how it works, but basically it's an online repository where developers can upload software.

Any version is uploaded there including, for a lack of a better explanation, "alpha" and "beta" builds (the experimentals Vivacity mentioned) of the next version of the software.

Like build.technicpack.com

Any. I see you can still download the original launcher from there. Maybe if somebody wants to play some retro technic pack (the actual pack) they could dl that?

Also it's .net not .com. :P

• 2 weeks later...

First off, Forestry is not in Tekkit by any stretch of imagination. And also, what Sengir did was retarded, not "awesome".

Second, IC2 was a very fine pioneer mod. It was the first mod I ever played with, back in like 2009 or 2010, I forget. Yeah, I've played it since early beta versions of IC1. And yet - yet it was outgrown. It paved the way for the modding community, but is now lagging behind, both feature-wise and release-wise. Alblaka hasn't released an official update in over half a year. Most of the mod's features have been replaced and/or outclassed by other mods. The mod's power system is clunky and unwieldy. The items and tools are fine but, again, outclassed by other mods nowadays.

The only part really unique to IC2 right now is nuclear power. And yet there is a Big Reactors mod in the works, planning on adding multiblock generators of all kinds, including fission and fusion. KingLemming, the author of Thermal Expansion, is working on a BALANCED version of solar power, as well as machine upgrades. IC2 farming wasn't very useful at all, and unlike Forestry's bee breeding, you couldn't industrialize it to the point where it would be a viable method of getting any reasonable number of resources.

And pardon me, but Quantum Suits were incredibly unbalanced. Pretty easy to get, and provide complete invulnerability to the user as long as the chestplate is equipped.

Let it go.[/quoteIx dude ic2 is still alive and kicking if its still getting Jenkins builds then its still ok Richardg is posting open betas for 1.5 and on Jenkins it's already on 1.6.2 so how should I say this *cough cough... Ic2 hater ... cough cough*

lol. tbh everywhere i read its the same thing. IC2 is being kept alive by people trying to keep it up to date. thats the same as beating a dead horse to me. besides, even if it comes back its going to have a hard time since most of, if not everything, that it had has been replaced by newer constantly updated mods. i dont want to wait 6 months for a mod to semi update.

By all means if you want IC2 get it, use it, make sweet seductive love too it, I DON'T CARE, but please for the love of god stop bringing it up here, it is a dead mod, it is no more, it is pushing up daises, it is an ex mod, it will not be coming back to tekkit, if you don't like it add it yourself, thats always been an option, but the bitching about it just has to stop.

Also that's a sweet double post into failing to escape your own quote so it appears as though the person you are quoting said the things you ment to say makes you sounds oh so much more intelligent.

even if i fully understand that it's pretty useless by now, can i still manually add IC2 to the standard tekkit mods folder without causing major conflicts?

before discovering tekkit i've made a base full of materials with 2 fully working reactors (1.5.1)...don't wanna lose all those pretty shiny things...after that i'll move everything i mined in a new base in some freshly spawned chunks with new ores etc. etc. and will try all the new features

i already tried when i wrote the post, but since i still don't know "WELL" all the tekkit mods, i wouldn't be able to recognize conflicts or, worse, it would be possible that i experience problems later on, ruining everything i made combining ic with the new things.

anyway i'm pretty sure that after 1-2 hours of wikiing around i'd leave ic2 into the past (with a tear D': D':)