I miss Industrial Craft...

UnholyD

- I hope I'm not posting a reply someone else has -

IC2 and Forestry have both been updated in dev builds

You have.

And they're dev builds.

We want a public release. The kinds of releases of which the devs actually say "Hey, we're confident in this build!".

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have.

And they're dev builds.

We want a public release. The kinds of releases of which the devs actually say "Hey, we're confident in this build!".

Forestry is already out for 1.5.2 stable and a few versions in. You seem to not understand the time and effort required to maintain a mod. Especially a massive one such as IC2. Instead of clinging to it why dont you familiarize yourself with what's available? Mods have already replaced IC2 and gone beyond.

Hes not, hes simply informing the other people that the dev builds will never be added to tekkit, also, forestry will never be added to tekkit stable or not. If your intent was to reply to two separate people you may want to edit for clarity.

No its only a reply to the quoted person. It really grinds my gears seeing people take devs for granted and refusing to adapt to change.

uhhhh thats not what the person you quouted was saying, like at all. you may want to try reading both his post and the person he is replying too again.

I'm having a hard time understanding what I did wrong. The person I quoted was saying We want a stable build. Something the devs are confident in right?

What he was stating to the person who said there are dev builds was that the only way a mod gets into tekkit is with a stable build, a "release" from the actual devs, He more than knows that IC2 and forestry aren't going back in tekkit anyway he was just informing that person that only release builds will make it into an mod pack release. Also he was trying to make it clear that this is not new information, and changes nothing about the situation. He was not insisting on a full release, saying that "we" the tekkit community, and the tekkit packers, only care if there is an actual release.

Basically what TokiWartooth said, yeah.

EDIT: I realize I could have, maybe, been a bit more eloquent, but... hindsight breaks the straw that makes the bucket fall for it again, know what I'm saying?

Okay, here we go.

Tekkit's main mods are IndustrialCraft2, RedPower2, BuildCraft, Equivalent Exchange2, and Forestry.

IndustrialCraft's machines are pretty much only FOR IndustrialCraft2 materials, which is why they're useful, since the best thing about IC2 are its electric tools and nano (quantum) suits. The machines are all redundacized in Mekanism, which also has better textures, names, and materials, and uses a universal power (UE, instead of EU, and yeah, those are a bipalindrome). IC2 reactors are absolute crap, and the uranium refinement process is utter bullcrap, and inferior to Atmoci Science and the new Big Reactors in every way. IndustrialCraft2 has really received so much affection because it was one of the first mods in Tekkit, and people don't want to let go. (Deny it?)

RedPower2 has much better textures than IC2, and its machines have great uses; its pipes are superior to BuildCraft's, and its whole wiring and microblocks are pratically amazing and beautiful, as well as useful. They shouldn't remove this mod, but I think it hasn't updated for 1.5 or something, which is Tekkit Main's version. But everybody who plays Yogcraft, TBD, and Lite can still enjoy it.

BuildCraft's autocrafter is good for assembly lines, and its quarries are great. It's compatible with Forestry, and its engines are great. Oil refining is fun. It should and has been kept.

Equivalent Exchange2 is an amazing mod, and even though it's alchemy and not magic, I'd say it's right up there with ThaumCraft3. EE3 IS in Tekkit Main, but it's still in beta version, and isn't ready, and EE2 just isn't compatible with anything past 1.3.0.

Forestry was removed from Tekkit 3 by the mod owners, but reappears in Tekkit Main and TBD. It is an amazing mod, adding Apiculture, Arboriculture, MUCh better farming stuff, a whole feast of foodstuffs, and Therman Expansion! (Correct me if I'm wrong, and it isn't a Forestry plugin) NEVER LOSE DIS MOD AGAIN.

Yeah, everything except the first two paragraphs was useless, but hey! It was fun! So tell me if my psychological hypothesis is incorrect. yeah?

Stupid Newbie, over and out!

(TAKE THAT, WHOEVER CHANGED MY PIC!!!)

Yes, show them you're not a stupid newbie by... only being tangentially on-topic?

And, on top of that, not being correct in some points?

(Also, here's a tip: Go read some of your old posts. You'll quickly find out why you have that picture and who did it.)

Thermal Expansion is a Buildcraft addon, like Forestry. It's not reliant on Forestry in any way AFAIK.

Also, when did Forestry get back in Tekkit? And what's TBD? I feel like I'm missing something here... Are you sure you have your facts right?

Holy shit I'm losing brain cells trying to read that nonsense. You suck and you should feel bad for wasting your time putting those words together.

Somebody sic Toki on this nut.

toki toooooki here boy sick em lol ok if toki aint here to rip you a knew one i will give it a try

stupid newbie doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the utter disappointment that is the level of your intelligence where on earth did you get any of that bogus information and why on earth would you feel the need to post it here in such an unintelligible manner

i may not post in English according to some idiots but at least i make sure i know exactly what im saying before posting a bunch of bull crap that know one really cares about anyways

(tip if your gonna post about something as if you know alot about it you should probably know alot about it other wise you end up looking like the biggest idiot since ahh hell i cant even think of anyone more idiotic then you atm sorry)

(tip like he said if your trying to prove your not a stupid newbie you may want to re think your strategy)

so kindly go back under what ever rock you dragged your self up out from under and leave the smart comments to those who are actually smart

well not as good as im sure toki would have and most definitely missing some flourish but good enough

Somebody sic Toki on this nut.

I'M NOT YOUR DOG.

But seriously forestry is not now nor will it ever likely be back in, redpower doesn't get updated enough and everything (except pneumatics) has been thoroughly replaced, and as has been pointed out multiple times, which you really didn't need to pile onto, IC2 is not coming back it is a dead mod, that mod is pining for the fjords, it is an EX mod, that mod is pushing up daises, it has sung it's last.

I think my point is here we are entirely flogging a equine which has since passed on with this thread and everyone like it, unless you have something truly new and exciting to say about IC2 and and redpowers removal, please kindly do keep it to your self.

Things I will miss from IC2:

• Standardized, tiered, uniform armor. I love MPS but it's not really my ideal suit of armor. I can make it do more than I could possibly need to to, but it's just not the same.
  • Power tools. (That isn't a sci-fi robotic hand.) I want my drill and chainsaw! That's my first mod, by the way- Energetic Infuser compatible power tools. I call it! =D
  • Diverse power Gen. Nuclear, Geothermal, Solar, Water, Wind.... Some may be OP, and others may be practically useless, but you can't say you didn't have options!

Things I will not miss from IC2:

• The OP part about that armor I like.
  • Solar was so OP its not even funny. Automation is good, as good as a set and forget type of thing in most cases, but really? A magic box that makes way too much power for free? IRL those photovalic (misspelled, sorry.) cells are insanely inefficient. Maybe solar panels should generate 0.01 EU/t. How about panels that heat water into steam, or mirrors. Anything.
  • The textures on IC2 are awful. When Tekkit lite came out and thermal expansion and then applied energistics came out I was.... amazed. Machines could look good? Machines can look good!

Things I will miss from IC2:

• Standardized, tiered, uniform armor. I love MPS but it's not really my ideal suit of armor. I can make it do more than I could possibly need to to, but it's just not the same.
  • Power tools. (That isn't a sci-fi robotic hand.) I want my drill and chainsaw! That's my first mod, by the way- Energetic Infuser compatible power tools. I call it! =D
  • Diverse power Gen. Nuclear, Geothermal, Solar, Water, Wind.... Some may be OP, and others may be practically useless, but you can't say you didn't have options!

Things I will not miss from IC2:

• The OP part about that armor I like.
  • Solar was so OP its not even funny. Automation is good, as good as a set and forget type of thing in most cases, but really? A magic box that makes way too much power for free? IRL those photovalic (misspelled, sorry.) cells are insanely inefficient. Maybe solar panels should generate 0.01 EU/t. How about panels that heat water into steam, or mirrors. Anything.
  • The textures on IC2 are awful. When Tekkit lite came out and thermal expansion and then applied energistics came out I was.... amazed. Machines could look good? Machines can look good!

It's why I don't play Tekkit. My Modpack basically combines Tekkit and Voltz, and let's you convert BC energy to UE energy easily. I have more powergen Options then with IC2. Modular Power Suits are great though. And nothing wrong with Sci-Fi hand that does everything, I could see reasons for a mining tool though but a chainsaw? You could take trees out faster with An Axe+Tree Capitator. And I'm sure there's a automatic tree farmer in Mine Factory Reloaded.

Good luck with your mod. I would think of some way to make the chain saw worth getting. Extra Wood? Chance of Saw Dust?

It's why I don't play Tekkit. My Modpack basically combines Tekkit and Voltz, and let's you convert BC energy to UE energy easily. I have more powergen Options then with IC2. Modular Power Suits are great though. And nothing wrong with Sci-Fi hand that does everything, I could see reasons for a mining tool though but a chainsaw? You could take trees out faster with An Axe+Tree Capitator. And I'm sure there's a automatic tree farmer in Mine Factory Reloaded.

Good luck with your mod. I would think of some way to make the chain saw worth getting. Extra Wood? Chance of Saw Dust?

I agree, there is nothing wrong with a sci-fi robotic hand that does everything. I do think there is room for an earlier game and more traditional electric tool, though.

Presumably, an electric tool could be entered into the treecapacitor configs and function just like a normal axe, just with power instead of durability. The IC2 chainsaw was in Tekkit lite, anyway. Saw dust is a really good idea!

I hope my mod will come through... I really can't say at this point, I haven't had the chance to start. =P It is true that there would be little need for a chainsaw thanks to treecapacitator and farms, but I would include it for completeness' sake. Of a higher priority would be several different types of drills, like a basic efficient one, a powerful fast one, an expensive fortune one, maybe even customization at some point. I'll have to be careful to not bite off more than I can chew, though- big plans and no modding experience.

I think that ic2 was in tekkit for too long, with new updates coming out with exactly the same coremod of literally everybody's tekkit base: IndustrialCraft 2. And I do think redpower is amazing but I think the textures aren't too 'techy' and the whole setup of it is too fiddly for me. And I do think ee2 was the most cheaty mod I've ever played. But though ee3 has had no new features yet, there are so many behind the scenes stuff going on such as automatic emc values adding to modded items and a whole rewrite of the api and loads more. Also there is an ic2 dev build available with no bugs that I have found. Have you seen mps! You can look like iron man, superman or make your own super robotic casing. I think the new tekkit is entirely techy, and feels a lot more 'modern' than all the other ftb modpacks and all the old tekkits and technics. And I think this was a giant refresh and I think it's for the better

I think that ic2 was in tekkit for too long, with new updates coming out with exactly the same coremod of literally everybody's tekkit base: IndustrialCraft 2. And I do think redpower is amazing but I think the textures aren't too 'techy' and the whole setup of it is too fiddly for me. And I do think ee2 was the most cheaty mod I've ever played. But though ee3 has had no new features yet, there are so many behind the scenes stuff going on such as automatic emc values adding to modded items and a whole rewrite of the api and loads more. Also there is an ic2 dev build available with no bugs that I have found. Have you seen mps! You can look like iron man, superman or make your own super robotic casing. I think the new tekkit is entirely techy, and feels a lot more 'modern' than all the other ftb modpacks and all the old tekkits and technics. And I think this was a giant refresh and I think it's for the better

Yup imagine if they waited for the Tekkit Lite mods to update. We wouldn't be playing a new version until MC 1.8

Yup imagine if they waited for the Tekkit Lite mods to update. We wouldn't be playing a new version until MC 1.8

Would we ever update? I doubt it.

Also, on an unrelated note, I hope Mojang doesn't pass up the opitunity for MC 1.8: The Adventure Update II :)

Do you think Tekkit lite will be updated if release versions of the missing mods become available?

probably not, Tekkit as it stands now is pretty well balanced, with a few more mods added in the forseeable future and the ones we have update to where they have planned the pack is more than filled.

He's not asking for Tekkit Space to disapear. He's saying if the lineup of mods for Tekkit Lite got updated would the Technic Team take the time to update the pack. The chances of this are slim but if they did get updated I see no reason why not. Just because a new Tekkit is out doesn't mean you drop support for the old one. It's still rather popular.