I miss Industrial Craft...

UnholyD

In all fairness, you haven't been able to do that in IC2 either since 1.2.5 - for more than just the reason of missing EE2.

I know. That's why I keep jumping into these kind of discussions and pushing back against the "OP!" crowd: they're winning. Slowly but surely they're driving mod authors and pack makers to make their mods do less and cost more.

The technic team have their eyes on a replacement nuclear reactor mod though, which looks promising.

And from what I read of the Big Reactors forum post, I'm very excited about the prospect. Can't get here fast enough.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK it's Buildcraft.

And no, not all Buildcraft producers are engines. Look at Biofuel (again). It's just the preferred style of Buildcraft and it's addons.

I thought Buildcraft's Biofuel engine looked like one of their standard engines. I must have missed the addition of another one. But still, it doesn't make it any less funny to think that Buildcraft's Nuclear Engine might look like any of their other engines.

I thought Buildcraft's Biofuel engine looked like one of their standard engines. I must have missed the addition of another one. But still, it doesn't make it any less funny to think that Buildcraft's Nuclear Engine might look like any of their other engines.

Fair point.

I'm imagining a huge 4*4 block which has a glowing-green centre and a large nuclear symbol on the back.

Every time it pulses, it damages anyone nearby :P

By the way, biofuel is from MFR. perhaps you're thinking of Forestry?

a computercraft controller to monitor the health of the system.

I didn't ever really get to grips with CC, I'll have to have another go when I get the time. A city-wide power system is exactly the kind of thing I'd love though!

AFAIK it's Buildcraft.

From the BigReactors page it does both MJ and UE

I stand corrected, I was thinking about Forestry's engine.

I didn't ever really get to grips with CC, I'll have to have another go when I get the time. A city-wide power system is exactly the kind of thing I'd love though!

ComputerCraft is an amazing mod. I'd suggest you take the time to learn how to use it, especially since RedNet will work with it in the next update.

ComputerCraft is an amazing mod. I'd suggest you take the time to learn how to use it, especially since RedNet will work with it in the next update.

Yeah I can see a lot of potential in it, it's probably just going to take a while for me to learn LUA. I've too many other IRL and in-game things to do at the moment!

LUA is one programming language I never did learn. Feels like a shame that I didn't pick it up, Computer Craft and all.

Fair point.

I'm imagining a huge 4*4 block which has a glowing-green centre and a large nuclear symbol on the back.

Every time it pulses, it damages anyone nearby :P

By the way, biofuel is from MFR. perhaps you're thinking of Forestry?

A giant piston that thumps menacingly downwards into an enormous Redstone energy cell under it, creating a tremor (a post-processing effect) and huge dust clouds.

Man, I'd love to see that.

A giant piston that thumps menacingly downwards into an enormous Redstone energy cell under it, creating a tremor (a post-processing effect) and huge dust clouds.

Man, I'd love to see that.

And, if you don't keep it cooled properly, it starts lighting the surrounding landscape on fire. If it's not managed soon enough, the flaming bits start turning to Glass due to excessive heat and radioactivity. WAIT! New block added. Radioactive Glass.

Yeah I can see a lot of potential in it, it's probably just going to take a while for me to learn LUA. I've too many other IRL and in-game things to do at the moment!

It's not all that hard.

I first learned Lua in Garry's Mod, for use in Wiremod's Expression2. I only knew a few bits, though.

Especially since creative mode effectively doesn't exist for multiplayer.

Yes, technically it does, but have you ever heard of a server that allowed it for regular players? Aside from maybe VoxelBox?

It didnt need to exist with ee2 in the pack. You may as well have been in creative anyway.

To the people at the beginning of this thread who said development had halted completely since 1.4.5, you are wrong. There has not been a public release since 1.4.5, but dev builds with only a few minor errors/texture problems are freely available for download. It is still being updated, it's just that Alblaka, the IC2 team's main creative lead appears to have practically gone MIA for the last month or two which is why it seems like it hasn't received much new content lately (although it has absorbed CiderBoats, nightvision goggles have a texture, and the obscurator are all new features).

To the people at the beginning of this thread who said development had halted completely since 1.4.5, you are wrong. There has not been a public release since 1.4.5, but dev builds with only a few minor errors/texture problems are freely available for download. It is still being updated, it's just that Alblaka, the IC2 team's main creative lead appears to have practically gone MIA for the last month or two which is why it seems like it hasn't received much new content lately (although it has absorbed CiderBoats, nightvision goggles have a texture, and the obscurator are all new features).

Those are all done by non IC2 devs, and are unstable and buggy

It didnt need to exist with ee2 in the pack. You may as well have been in creative anyway.

Which was part of why I liked EE2. I could get down to the business of building large systems, instead of grinding to get materials.

Which was part of why I liked EE2. I could get down to the business of building large systems, instead of grinding to get materials.

Im not gonna go back through all these posts and find it but just pretended I quoted the right post.

Minecraft is an open game anyone can play anyway they want. I don't like just building, I love surviving, and the tech progression I get from these tech mods. I like making super efficient systems, and silly elaborate systems. I don't play tech mods so I can get a pseudo creative mode going. EE2 was a fun mod, but it was OP in that you were in creative mode as soon as you were done progressing, and you can do the same thing in tekkit, you just have to click the button that actually switches you to creative mode.

If you consider using a turtle, or a quarry to get materials as "grinding", I would hate to see what you think of having to actually work for anything, videogame or otherwise.

EE2 was OP, no question about it. You play for a few hours and suddenly transcend into Creative mode.

You should try Big Dig.

No, seriously. You'll like it.

EE2 was OP, no question about it. You play for a few hours and suddenly transcend into Creative mode.

I disagree. Your expectations are too LP. (Low-powered). Matter of opinion, really.

You should try Big Dig.

No, seriously. You'll like it.

I do play Big Dig, and quite often. I just fear that it will eventually be swept aside or marginalized, and only Tekkit will remain. Compare the size of the Tekkit server list to the Big Dig server list. I'm a builder, not antisocial. I like to have other people around.

If you consider using a turtle, or a quarry to get materials as "grinding", I would hate to see what you think of having to actually work for anything, videogame or otherwise.

I already spend a workday every day (less a lunch break) to make money so I can have a computer, electricity, house, etc. with which to play games on the computer. There's a world of difference between the time I'm obligated to spend to make a living and the time I choose to spend for fun. Don't presume to draw conclusions about one from the other.

RichardG and Player are both IC2 devs... although the unstable and buggy part may very well be true.

RichardG is a hack that broke multiblock structures in other mods with his whole "heat trail" feature, that places invisible blocks around the player as they move about in his own mod. Hell, it broke vanilla nether portals. Saying that RichardG is helping develop IC2 really does not boost any confidence in a usable build being produced ever. :V

Disregard this, that was CJ who did that.

Also, isn't RichardG not even using IC2 in the forgecraft series that still has IC2 installed on it? Could of swore what little I saw of his base he was specifically only using TE machines.

RichardG and Player are both IC2 devs... although the unstable and buggy part may very well be true.

So a guy I never heard of and a douche who thinks everyone else should accommodate his broken "feature" instead of him just fixing it. A feature that breaks multiblock structures and nether portals. RichardG is NOT the kind of person you should bring when trying to convince people IC2 isn't doomed.

IC2 is dead.

I already spend a workday every day (less a lunch break) to make money so I can have a computer, electricity, house, etc. with which to play games on the computer. There's a world of difference between the time I'm obligated to spend to make a living and the time I choose to spend for fun. Don't presume to draw conclusions about one from the other.

Turn on a quarry. Go to work. Come back to lots of shit. ??????