I miss Industrial Craft...

UnholyD

actually there is a lot of good reasons to drop support, such as moving forward, not spending the time, focusing on a small set of main modpacks would save a lot more than just the time to put them together as well, such as not needing to answer quite as many asinine questions. The entire point of tekkit lite was getting tekkit updated with what it could into 1.4.x so people could use updated mods, the whole point of tekkit is to get people into the updated version into 1.5.x but this also allowed them to cut some of the mods that were holding back support without making people unhappy about it. so I for one would love to see them go forward with just tekkit, screw the old ones, if people love em they can deal with it themselves, update it for themselves, as far as I am concerned anymore there is Tekkit - that is it lite and classic were great but they will not be moving forward with the rest of minecraft, too many things they rely on are dead and buried.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not asking for Tekkit Space to disapear. He's saying if the lineup of mods for Tekkit Lite got updated would the Technic Team take the time to update the pack. The chances of this are slim but if they did get updated I see no reason why not. Just because a new Tekkit is out doesn't mean you drop support for the old one. It's still rather popular.

Actually I'm not sure where it says it but they did officially say that the new tekkit is the only tekkit pack that will continue to be updated the other packs ie tekkit classic and lite will never see another update. Period end of discussion the only reason they are still even available is to appease dum ass's like the op of this thread who for what ever dum ass fucking reason can let go of dead mods and move forward imo these are the same dum ass's that despite a big ass rock pulling them under the water to there death won't let go of said rock to survive things fucking change that's life get on with it for fuck sakes

Actually I'm not sure where it says it but they did officially say that the new tekkit is the only tekkit pack that will continue to be updated the other packs ie tekkit classic and lite will never see another update. Period end of discussion the only reason they are still even available is to appease dum ass's like the op of this thread who for what ever dum ass fucking reason can let go of dead mods and move forward imo these are the same dum ass's that despite a big ass rock pulling them under the water to there death won't let go of said rock to survive things fucking change that's life get on with it for fuck sakes

Lulz

You forgot how to English.

Perhaps the team could demote Tekkit Classic and Lite to platform packs? Just so they would still be readily available, while sending the message that they are no longer supported. They could even be in the launcher by default, but removable and with a URL to add them back in again.

Speaking of Lite, does anyone know if there is any particular reason why Factorization is not in the new Tekkit?

Probably because it was redundant and nobody used it. The only things I ever used were Barrels because they were relatively easy to make early-game.

Ok.

Routers were pretty cool, although all I ever used were barrels as well.

I saw some pretty cool new stuff in Direwolf20's latest forgecraft video though.

i thought factorisation didnt make a whole game changer but small additions that help a lot, i hardly ever play a modpack if factorisation isnt in the mod list. the wrath lamps and barrels, they are so useful.

Take a look at Deep Storage Units from MFR and Floodlights from Greg's Lighting. Same thing, only better.

Why do we even need Factorization? Well, those new 'servos' from Direwolf's most recent video sure do look epic..... plus it allows for tripling of ore output. TE is only double. Besides, a little variety never hurt anybody!

Take a look at Deep Storage Units from MFR and Floodlights from Greg's Lighting. Same thing, only better.

Why do we even need Factorization? Well, those new 'servos' from Direwolf's most recent video sure do look epic..... plus it allows for tripling of ore output. TE is only double. Besides, a little variety never hurt anybody!

Gregs lighting crashes the client and when i get back on again all the floodlights are gone, its very strange, but ill take a look at the deep storage units from mfr

plus it allows for tripling of ore output. TE is only double. Besides, a little variety never hurt anybody!

actually with pulverizers having a chance at an extra dust and rich slag giving 3:1 i would say TE allows you to triple your ore as well, for a hell of a lot less effort than factorization.

actually with pulverizers having a chance at an extra dust and rich slag giving 3:1 i would say TE allows you to triple your ore as well, for a hell of a lot less effort than factorization.

Rich Slag requires you to put raw ore into an induction smelter. Not worth it.

Totally worth it

Ore + 1 Sand -> Induction Smelter -> 2 ingots + 10% chance of rich slag

vs

Ore -> Pulverizer -> 2 Pulverized Dust -> Furnace -> 2 Ingots

I use my Rich slag to increase the outputs of rarer ores like Ferrous

Why not? Instead of 2 ingots, you get 3. Just save some of the rarer ores for when you have some rich slag.

Why not? Instead of 2 ingots, you get 3. Just save some of the rarer ores for when you have some rich slag.

Well you get 1 ingot per ore you put in an induction smelter right?

It's cool, human or dog, he's still an ass.

This is a human:

muscles_human_body_front1.jpg

This is a dog:

dog_internal.gif

This is an ass:

anatomy-of-a-creeper-15531-1309193049-18

Well you get 1 ingot per ore you put in an induction smelter right?

Nope. If you smelt an ore with Sand in an Induction Smelter, you get 2 ingots, with a 10% chance of Rich Slag as secondary output.

Well in that case its definitely worth it.

Nope. Pulverising provides higher tier byproducts for common ores (iron - ferrous, copper - gold). Rare ore produce each other: silver - lead. Ferrous produce shiny metal. The only ore producing nothing else if pulverised is gold, but sacrificing other ores for that (mind copper - gold pulverising) isn't worth it. And it makes distribution system more complex.

Nope. Pulverising provides higher tier byproducts for common ores (iron - ferrous, copper - gold). Rare ore produce each other: silver - lead. Ferrous produce shiny metal. The only ore producing nothing else if pulverised is gold, but sacrificing other ores for that (mind copper - gold pulverising) isn't worth it. And it makes distribution system more complex.

Ferrous and Shiny Metal are the only ores worth pulverizing for. Everything else i find easily, at least on my world.

ok off topic but relevant to previous conversations, that is the third avatar I have seen you have in 3 days, seriously who does that, and with that I bid you good day. I do not converse with lesser animals and you shall not see me do so from this day forward.

Dude you can't handle my pony swagg.