Most common issues and fixes! And known problems

arriej

One question - deleting the chunks in MCedit doesnt seem to have fixed the issue with that area, avoiding it is fine for now but is there a way i can resolve the issue there?

Village generation isn't identical every time (especially not the bits that cause this kind of problem) so it might take a few goes.  Try removing the chunk again, there's a chance that it'll screw up every time it generates, but there's also a chance it'll be fine (the chance will vary depending on the area).  If it's a bad chunk anyway there's not a lot of harm in removing it each time you discover that it's bad (once it generates properly you'll never have to do it again).

Village generation isn't identical every time (especially not the bits that cause this kind of problem) so it might take a few goes.  Try removing the chunk again, there's a chance that it'll screw up every time it generates, but there's also a chance it'll be fine (the chance will vary depending on the area).  If it's a bad chunk anyway there's not a lot of harm in removing it each time you discover that it's bad (once it generates properly you'll never have to do it again).

There wasnt a village there when i discovered it? or am i missing something?

Will keep trying :) tried 3 times initially and it wasnt happy but maybe now ive moved back to spawn it will have more luck regenerating when i head over there rather than being in the middle of the crashed chunks.

I recently lost my world and when I got it back, it would not let me use certain commands such as teleport. I don't know what to do so please help, thank you.

Edited by Body-Bagz

Ok, I don't have the time to read through the whole help thing, all I need to know is if you can help me with something in T-Construct,

I built a Smeltery in one of my worlds (same way I always do) and I went to try and smelt down some ingots to make a cast. It wasn't letting me smelt them. My lava was full, I had everything built, and the smelting load thing on the ingot would go up one notch, and then back down again. Then I also found out it wouldn't let me smelt any other ingots either. I'm at a stump.

NBTExplorer not updating position - resolved, updating pos tag in wrong .dat file. [was editing *player*.dat instead of level.dat]

Edited by _woof

Yeah need to keep in mind that SSP stores player info in the level.dat, and in the player dat in SMP.

Yeah need to watch that! :)

now waypoints are crashing, starting to worry about my world.

I am having an issue. I tried to check the logs- but i couldnt find the root of my issue.

I have java x64, I allocated 4gb to the launcher.

But when I try to log into my friends aotb server- my window closes itself, and goes back to the launcher.

I didnt get an error log- and when i checked the launcher logs, it just showed a log of all the mods that were loaded.

I can load my own single-player world just fine, and play like normal, and I can log in the server long enough for the server to welcome me back.

I wish I could provide more information on this issue- but as it stands, I cant play online.

Any possible resolution?

Indeed Munaus, just wish people would read. That warning isnt that far into the posts.

Anyway, the rest of this post is for an upcoming section on this thread that I have been talking to arriej about via Skype (no, dont bother asking for either of our skypes...)

Archimede's Ships Bad Block List

This list is not complete, any blocks not listed in this list may be usable but use at your own risk. If the block does anything more than sit there and do nothing such as Dirt, Cobblestone, etc, it may not interact properly with this mod.

This list contains subjective values for certain issues, you may not agree with the values for certain blocks. This isn't the point of this list, it is to inform of the issue and offer an idea if it will be used at all or not.

Rating Values

1 - Minor issues, but otherwise useable

2 - Some issues, not useable without major purpose.

3 - Major issues, avoid at all costs

Rating - Block Name/Group - Issue

3 - Better Storage Backpacks - Destroys ship, may induce crash

3 - Carpenter Blocks - Causes crash

3 - Conduits - Disappear when used

3 - Project Red Lamps - Disappear when used, except block forms (base id 1928)

3 - Project Red Gates - Disappear when used

2 - Reinforced Chests - Does not store contents

2 - Microblocks - Does not stay with ship, will permit other blocks to connect to ship that are attached to microblocks

2 - Witchery Altar - Loses tile information, needs to be broken and replaced to get to work again

2 - Necromancy Altar - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled, causes ghosting blocks, will overwrite blocks if altar is broken

1 - Machines - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Shelves - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Cases - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Tool Rack - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Table - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Seats - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Labels - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Map Frames - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Crafting Table - Takes gray texture if block is cheated in

1 - Big Button - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Donation Station - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Block Breaker - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Block Place - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Item Cannon - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Canvas - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Fan - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Flag - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Grave - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Building Guide - Does not show grid while in transit

1 - Jaded Ladder - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Rope Ladder - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Trophy - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Paint Mixer - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Sprinkler - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Target - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Village Highlighter - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Bottler - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Drain - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Shower - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Alluring Skull - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

Edited by Kalbintion

Hello. Thanks for posting this.

I have a problem that doesn't appear to be on here. When I try to download any modpack, it downloads all the mods and stuff, but stops about halfway through downloading Minecraft (30% through the cs_CZ.lang).

I've looked everywhere, and I can't find an answer. Please help!