Most common issues and fixes! And known problems

arriej

Hey dude is there a way you can help i almost tried everything you mention and still cant fix and now its worst since there use to be only player crashing but now there is about 6 players that keep crashing instantly i asked one of them to send me there crash report and here it  http://paste.ubuntu.com/8032518/

Edited by SaulGames

i don't understand the saves world disappearing part  i couldn't figure out how to do the fix could you go into detail on how to fix that plz?

Is there a particular spot in the instructions you are confused on that can be better explained?

my B-team crashes when I play any world it comes up with the usual (loading world downloading terrain) then doesn't respond and comes up with (shutting down internal  server) and then closes its self to the launcher. can someone please tell me how to fix it. I have looked through this page and not found anything relating to this.    

Indeed Munaus, just wish people would read. That warning isnt that far into the posts.

Anyway, the rest of this post is for an upcoming section on this thread that I have been talking to arriej about via Skype (no, dont bother asking for either of our skypes...)

Archimede's Ships Bad Block List

This list is not complete, any blocks not listed in this list may be usable but use at your own risk. If the block does anything more than sit there and do nothing such as Dirt, Cobblestone, etc, it may not interact properly with this mod.

This list contains subjective values for certain issues, you may not agree with the values for certain blocks. This isn't the point of this list, it is to inform of the issue and offer an idea if it will be used at all or not.

Rating Values

1 - Minor issues, but otherwise useable

2 - Some issues, not useable without major purpose.

3 - Major issues, avoid at all costs

Rating - Block Name/Group - Issue

3 - Better Storage Backpacks - Destroys ship, may induce crash

3 - Carpenter Blocks - Causes crash

3 - Conduits - Disappear when used

3 - Project Red Lamps - Disappear when used, except block forms (base id 1928)

3 - Project Red Gates - Disappear when used

2 - Reinforced Chests - Does not store contents

2 - Microblocks - Does not stay with ship, will permit other blocks to connect to ship that are attached to microblocks

2 - Witchery Altar - Loses tile information, needs to be broken and replaced to get to work again

2 - Necromancy Altar - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled, causes ghosting blocks, will overwrite blocks if altar is broken

1 - Machines - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Shelves - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Cases - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Tool Rack - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Table - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Seats - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Labels - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Map Frames - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Crafting Table - Takes gray texture if block is cheated in

1 - Big Button - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Donation Station - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Block Breaker - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Block Place - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Item Cannon - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Canvas - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Fan - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - OpenBlocks Flag - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Grave - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Building Guide - Does not show grid while in transit

1 - Jaded Ladder - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Rope Ladder - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Trophy - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Paint Mixer - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Sprinkler - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Target - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Village Highlighter - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Bottler - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Drain - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - XP Shower - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

1 - Alluring Skull - Does not rotate w/ ship when reassembled

Just an update about this list, since 1.0.13c removed the ability to use carpenter blocks to be a direct part of the archimedes ship, the carpenter blocks will no longer cause the game to crash, however this issue is still present in pre-1.0.13c modpack versions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So today I decided to download Attack of the B Team, so I downloaded Technic Launcher and clicked the 'PLAY' button and it downloaded, but then when it finished instead of closing and launching Minecraft like its supposed to, it just reopened Technic Launcher. So I clicked 'PLAY' again, and it did its thing and then it did it again. So I decided to manually launch Minecraft, but the Mods wouldn't show up. I read the comments and updated 'Red Project' that someone else had posted and worked for them but it still wouldn't work. 

Help?

Edited by PrincessMerleen

• Moderators

it is found or technical assistance if we can post anywhere? What is this forum Oo

The Tracker is where you post your issue or find one that is the same as yours and try the same fix that has been suggested there.

This thread was made so you don't have to spend those hours looking through the Tracker.

That does not mean you can bypass the Tracker by posting here and receive special, coddly treatment. If you can do that, then what's stopping the other hundreds of users from doing it? Why should everyone else post on the Tracker but not you?

@Munaus (or any other staff/mod) - Would it be possible to perhaps clean up this thread of these types of "halp" posts (via deleting)? It just clutters up the thread as we all know and "love" and perhaps if they cannot find anyone posting here for help, it may help deter them. Hopefully (not very hopeful on this, but im tryin anyway)

i have no sound or music in the game please help me

And trouble reading >.< 

:siren: MOD EDIT: If I see anyone asking for technical problems here instead of the Tracker, that user is tempbanned for 3 days!  :siren:

- Munaus

So i have tried everything and beyond, my AoBt will load then when my launcher closes it just reopens,

Issue: Game wont load up.

Cause: unknown.

Fix: Start your technic launcher, select Attack of the b-team mod, and go to settings. Press "open folder", go to "mods", delete all "project red" files, install the latest build of project red (32 i think) from here  and pop all the .jar files into the "mods" folder!

(Thanks to: f1n1ay)

I have tried this solution and it still has not helped,I also somehow deleted a needed version of java so when i try to launch it just gives me a pop up and says path cannot be found.(i have the recommended one something like 7u67)

The errors i was getting had to do with forgemod loader not being able to run or something, when i can get back to the launcher i will post the error.

Thanks,

-Wolf

Edited by X_WarWolf_X

Doing that does nothing but resets the modpack through a more complicated and time consuming process, there's already a button for that and it doesn't always fix the issue because the issue can literally be anything. Anything in such a way that resetting a modpack will not work.

I am having problems with launching attack of the b team, i press launch to play and it goes through its whole thing and then the launcher disappears like its gonna load the game then it just brings the launcher back up... what am i doing wrong?

Mod Edit. Enjoy a 3-day ban!

Edited by Munaus