Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

I don't understand why you could have a problem with seltzer water. I mean, it is simply water infused with the deadly deadly side effects of respiration!

What's not to love.

As a side-note, it worries me slightly that the reason for the hate mob in Byte's dream sounds like it would be a plausible one in reality. 'Tis truly a sad time we live in.

Also, hello kitty jail.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 6:20 PM, Kocken926 said:

So, summer is getting closer, and due to a renovation project I can't begin my summer job until the start of July, leaving me with a full moth of free time! Any ideas what I could do with this time? I'm wondering if I should take the opportunity to travel, maybe go interrailing, maybe just fly to a country or two. Limited budget, obviously, but I figure at least some lodging costs can be avoided through couch-surfing and maybe even camping (though that would mean I'd have to pack camping gear...)

Does anyone here have any experience with cheapo travel, or know any good travel destinations? I'd probably stay within EU borders, but I'm interested in any travel experiences/destinations!

The Dalmatian coast is beautiful. I spent a year in Croatia after college and that summer Joss and I and a couple of friends went down and spent a week each in Split/Makarska/Dubrovnik. Not much to do there though except sightsee and sunbathe.

7 hours ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

I don't understand why you could have a problem with seltzer water. I mean, it is simply water infused with the deadly deadly side effects of respiration!

What's not to love.

As a side-note, it worries me slightly that the reason for the hate mob in Byte's dream sounds like it would be a plausible one in reality. 'Tis truly a sad time we live in.

Also, hello kitty jail.

See, now you're just making me question all soda. And yes, it kind of does sound like something that could actually happen, now that you mention it.

Welcome, always good to have a new voice here. And now that you have posted, your fate is sealed, and you can never truly leave this place. 

Just now, TheBytemaster said:

See, now you're just making me question all soda. And yes, it kind of does sound like something that could actually happen, now that you mention it.

Welcome, always good to have a new voice here. And now that you have posted, your fate is sealed, and you can never truly leave this place. 

At least it isn't nitrogen-sealed beer. Walasch Brewing Company of Salt Lake did that--I had their infamous Polygamy Porter ("Why have just one?") in a bottle that was done that way, and it was decidedly wierd in a non-comformational way.

Oh, and ONE OF US! ONE OF US! :pcgaming:

Edited by Lethosos

Whilst I've never been a fan of the more usual sort, I can only imagine how weird nitrogen sealed beer would taste.

WHAT JOKE THERE WAS NO FAILED JOKE HERE, MOVE ALONG CITIZEN.

Edited by Vox De Harlequin
NONE WHAT SO EVER.

2 hours ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

On the other hand, it's a great advertising hook: "A taste of nobility."

I just got that, like two hours later.

Hooray for nerd jokes.

Wait, Nitrogen isn't a noble gas. Is there some other joke I'm missing here?

Edited by TheBytemaster

Yeah I was kinda disappointed nobody even commented on, what at least I thought was, a bloomin' hilarious joke.

EDIT: Nope. Just me being a dumb. Goddamn being awake for too long makes me dumb.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one having trouble seeing what I've typed with this pale-pink-on-white text box?

It's a bit uncomfortable frankly.

On 5/8/2016 at 1:49 AM, TheBytemaster said:

-snip-

Oh definitely, Imagine landing on an alien planet seemingly devoid of life and That suddenly playing through all of your internal speakers.

Actually that would sound like someone's trying way too fucking hard. A horror game parody maybe?

Just now, Vox De Harlequin said:

Not me.

I don't even have access to a proper computer.

Also prolo, your title thing sounds so Lewd~

It's not that dodgy is it? I never even thought of it that way O.e

When the forum software got upgraded one time, and titles were introduced, it set anyone with a high post count to "advanced member" by default. It's kind of a pun on that which I never removed

2 minutes ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

It is completely that dodgy.

But maybe not everyone makes the jump from proto-member to penis quite as easily as me. However now they will.

You are welcome.

My life... my reputation... it's all ruined...

No need to thank me citizen, you are completely 100% welcome and the cheque is in the mail.

On a mostly unrelated note if you have too much free time and wish to read something fun click this

quickEdit: Mostly posting that 'cos I just finished reading and felt like spreading dat lurv.

14 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

Yeah, I tried to play on my laptop, aiming at 30FPS is a lot harder than it should be. Seemed promising though, I like the characters.

(Mei is best girl. Fight me.)

I prefer Tracer to Mei, she's easier to use and fits my playstyle better. Definitely not because I'm English. Definitely.

I mean, I got 59 kills in a round as Tracer, so ended up playing as her wayyy too much out of habit

13 hours ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

On a topic unrelated to things I have not partaken in.

I just looked at the Off Topic Discussion section and noticed that most people can't even read. 

Discuss.

That's very old news. I'd say the median age of people on these forums is 7 years old judging by the average reading comprehension. I realize this grey-on-white thing leads to a lot of errors, but that doesn't explain why people think off-topic means any topic. I'd recommend visiting the whale box if you want to see the créme de la crème

And yes, I realize I'm in a glass house throwing rocks here :P

I've already experienced the whale box, and while it is indeed at times amusing it is more often simply groan worthy. In a bad way.

Y'know, I've never understood the sheer ineptitude and thirst for attention required to post like that. Truly, it amazes me that people like that haven't yet simply been hit by a truck of some description while running into the road like the walking lemming stereotypes they are.

It is people like that that make me think that intelligently implemented eugenics might really be the best thing for the continued survival of humanity...

Of course, I'm of the opinion that eugenics is just generally a good idea.

NOTE: This is not me supporting the holocaust or some hist like that, I simply think that whilst quantity is a quality of its own, actual Quality of individual specimens of humanity should be a consideration. Really, if you have a genetic defect that you are almost sure to pass on to your offspring thus making their probably short lives as miserable as your but you still want kids, maybe consider adoption?

That was a bit political... and ranty. sorry?

EDIT: Also, yeah, what Hitler implemented wasn't eugenics, it was genocide. just to be clear, that no matter what you call something if that thing is something else calling that thing something won't make that thing that thing.

unravel that for yourselves.

48 minutes ago, Vox De Harlequin said:

Cut the dicks off people in the whale box. Sterilize the imperfect. SMITE THE LOWER CASTS WITH THE FLAMES OF INTELLECTUAL RETRIBUTION! [/paraphrase]

Points to consider: Age of the people posting (low), sample size we get from people posting (low) and amount of proof that high intelligence is strictly heritable (low).

Even if intelligence is shown to be heritable and eugenics would make sense (which they currently absolutely do not) I'm inclined to treat it like the meat production problem; yes, maybe we could benefit from changing our ways drastically but a lab solution is pretty much around the corner so why bother.

Anyways, kitty jail isn't really a platform for these kinds of politics (if any), so chill and/or make a new thread.