Noticing an issue with Modular Powersuits. There are random massive overheats which lead to death. Found a video containing what I've noticed here. Found a server's forums listing the issue here. This started in 1.2.8 and has gotten worse with 1.2.9. I am trying to test what might be causing it, and I would like some help. If you've already figured this out or the answer is somewhere I haven't looked yet please let me know.

Thank you.

• Discord Moderator

I don't have a lot of data to add other than that I have seen it on all my servers that have MMMPS installed but not when I do a test setup that only has MMMPS. My solution on my servers is to just tell folks to make sure the water tank module is installed and that seems to keep folks from dying from the overheat. Obviously not a solution but I haven't gotten any response from posts I've made and recent (month old) builds of MMMPS are unstable (client crashes if you place/load a tinker table).

Yeah, it's caused by the advanced solar generator - stick with the basic one instead. I've also noticed that the suit overheats (regardless of what solar generator you have installed) randomly whilst in the nether occasionally. Only way I've found to stop myself dying is to throw the suit on the ground, heal yourself, pick it up again and try to get back to an overworld portal which seems to fix it. Far from ideal I know...

Never happened here, and I am using the Advanced Solar Generator on my helmet. I did install a max-sized Cooling System and 2kg worth of Heat Sinks on each suit piece, though.