Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

So.

I have the computer I want on the screen here. All the parts, it's all there.
I have the money, and I have no further commitments coming up that I want to keep it for.

Why haven't I clicked "order" yet?
Because for the same money, I can buy two used cars* (A '97 Opel/Vauxhal Astra convertible, and an '01 Volkswagen Polo, if you were interested). That's quite a bit of money. Which is very scary.

Gonna do it anyway! But it's scary!

* Why two used cars? Why not one more expensive used car? Because that's not how my brain works!

EDIT: Just did it! It's gonna be built soon.

Edited by Melfice

3 hours ago, Melfice said:

So.

I have the computer I want on the screen here. All the parts, it's all there.
I have the money, and I have no further commitments coming up that I want to keep it for.

Why haven't I clicked "order" yet?
Because for the same money, I can buy two used cars* (A '97 Opel/Vauxhal Astra convertible, and an '01 Volkswagen Polo, if you were interested). That's quite a bit of money. Which is very scary.

Gonna do it anyway! But it's scary!

* Why two used cars? Why not one more expensive used car? Because that's not how my brain works!

EDIT: Just did it! It's gonna be built soon.

So like 600-1200€? More? What exactly are you building here? Kinda curious since I plan on building a rig myself soon.

1 hour ago, Kocken926 said:

So like 600-1200€? More? What exactly are you building here? Kinda curious since I plan on building a rig myself soon.

I should have specified, I guess.
I don't mean "junker used". Like, "160,000 km on the odometer, but in really good condition, just one spot of rust that's been fixed properly".

This is a "good for the next decade" build (hopefully). €2800. Which... I guess is pretty dang excessive, but it means I can get on for a good bit.
Here's the parts. It does include a Windows license, and construction costs are included, of course. So, if you're intending on building it yourself, you'll likely end up quite a bit cheaper.

Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube - silber
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO, Intel Z170 Mainboard - Sockel 1151
Intel Core i7-6700K 4,0 GHz (Skylake) Sockel 1151 - tray
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i V2 Komplett-Wasserkühlung
Corsair Vengeance LPX Series schwarz DDR4-2133, CL13 - 32 GB Kit
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 8192 MB GDDR5X
Corsair CS-M Series CS650M Modular Netzteil, schwarz - 650 Watt
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD, M.2 Typ 280-D3-M (NGFF) - 512 GB
Western Digital Red, SATA 6G, Intellipower, 3,5 Zoll - 1 TB
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, DSP/SB - DVD (englisch)
Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Retail

Edited by Melfice

3 hours ago, Melfice said:

I should have specified, I guess.
I don't mean "junker used". Like, "160,000 km on the odometer, but in really good condition, just one spot of rust that's been fixed properly".

This is a "good for the next decade" build (hopefully). €2800. Which... I guess is pretty dang excessive, but it means I can get on for a good bit.
Here's the parts. It does include a Windows license, and construction costs are included, of course. So, if you're intending on building it yourself, you'll likely end up quite a bit cheaper.

Corsair Carbide Air 540 ATX Cube - silber
ASUS Maximus VIII HERO, Intel Z170 Mainboard - Sockel 1151
Intel Core i7-6700K 4,0 GHz (Skylake) Sockel 1151 - tray
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i V2 Komplett-Wasserkühlung
Corsair Vengeance LPX Series schwarz DDR4-2133, CL13 - 32 GB Kit
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 8192 MB GDDR5X
Corsair CS-M Series CS650M Modular Netzteil, schwarz - 650 Watt
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD, M.2 Typ 280-D3-M (NGFF) - 512 GB
Western Digital Red, SATA 6G, Intellipower, 3,5 Zoll - 1 TB
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, DSP/SB - DVD (englisch)
Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Retail

How much is delivery/assembly running you? I didn't go and price everything out, so I could be totally wrong, but €2800 seems a bit high.

26 minutes ago, TheBytemaster said:

How much is delivery/assembly running you? I didn't go and price everything out, so I could be totally wrong, but €2800 seems a bit high.

Don't quite remember where you're from, so apologies for the first item if you're familiar with it.
1) European prices. Likely a standard mark-up from US/elsewhere prices. Probably. Don't know.
2) This is a mass retailer. Likely a bit more expensive than a local PC shop.
3) I genuinely don't know what assembly costs. Probably, the assembly costs are included with the package price.

While it's a lot of money I can afford it, and regardless of whether it actually is, it seems a fair enough price to me.

Edited by Melfice

Bought about 400 worth of computer parts on Friday. Turns out the rx 480 card that I got doesn't want to play nice with the mobo so that's gonna be another ~$100 for a new one + new case. It'll all be worth it though.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

6 hours ago, Mooseman9 said:

Bought about 400 worth of computer parts on Friday. Turns out the rx 480 card that I got doesn't want to play nice with the mobo so that's gonna be another ~$100 for a new one + new case. It'll all be worth it though.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

If you're playing at 180p that card'll last you quite a while, depending on what you want to play. Did you get 4 or 8GB with it?

3 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

If you're playing at 180p that card'll last you quite a while, depending on what you want to play. Did you get 4 or 8GB with it?

Yeah, he'd probably be fine for the next century at 180p, but most games don't support that resolution :P

On 2016-08-29 at 0:46 AM, Melfice said:

While it's a lot of money I can afford it, and regardless of whether it actually is, it seems a fair enough price to me.

I'd say it's fair, I price-searched the parts on the swedish site prisjakt.se and came up with a grand total of 27179 swedish crowns which is about 2844€.

EDIT: Darn, I double posted. Well, it was fun knowing you all.

Edited by Kocken926
I'm a scrub

4 hours ago, Munaus said:

anyone know a good deal for Xplosive male enhancement?

<.< asking for a friend >.>

Well, mister or madam Munaus!
Have I got a deal for you, yes sir/madam!

If you will just move your eyes over to the Cafe Lame section, amongst others, you may often find the best offers on Xplosive male enhancement(s)! Hundreds of vendors (not guaranteed; all vendors may be one and the same) offering sharp prices on Xplosive male enhancement(s)!

Order now, and get guaranteed (not guaranteed) luck with the ladies, through our international voodoo dating services!