Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

We got a good storm here today, I was convinced that it was gonna keep going.

A few hours later and it's all melted :<

Digging around in my pictures folder a little, here's a throwback I found:

7W4oSdO.png

Anyone else want me to MS Paint something? Bored here.

If nothing gets suggested I'll repost the other MS paint art I made forever ago. The one that made Lethosos want to dig his single eye out with a rusty ice cream scoop.

11 hours ago, Neowulf said:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/gatebox-azuma-hikari-virtual-assistant-news/

Of course Japan would model its personal assistant after an anime girlfriend.

Of course that's a thing. OF COURSE.

How horrible. Stuff like this is why humanity is doomed. Where do you even find that stuff? Exactly what specific site would sell such a thing to people? >.>

I predict it's out for a month, (two tops), before custom models and voicebanks hit. At that point I also predict people will start breaking into modded-gatebox-user homes just to literally throw peoples' waifus in the trash or flush them down the toilet. Because, well, that's where your waifu belongs. :lizard:

Edited by TheBytemaster

14 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

How horrible. Stuff like this is why humanity is doomed.

Yeah.
We don't want personalities with our AI. We want synthesised voices, and cold statement of facts.

Personalities are for the Japanese, who're weird and perverts.
Over here we don't do stuff like th- excuse me. Yes, Siri? Haha! Siri just made a joke!

I try not to judge. I really try. But damn that man texting his virtual anime assistant that he might be home late due to the rain made me wince. I mean, it's great if you use it and take a liking to it fine, a little weird, I don't judge. I had a massive crush on Aladdin when I was kid, and he was just like lines drawn on a screen. But when you start treating it like a human being and start substituting actual people and social interactions for them, then I get a little sad and you might need to move on. It's like the beginning to an episode of Black Mirror of something.

Snowy where I am is well and icy seen several people in the ditch luckily haven't been there yet, also curse you 6 inches of snow followed by -27 windchills, the snow will never melt until spring now *cries*

If it was warm you know that'd be cool or if there was no wind no wind be cool beans

Edited by Paranørmal
Reasons

17 minutes ago, Paranørmal said:

Merry Christmas Eve and stuff thread, in other news cold af but I'm playing skyrim cause I wanted to on PS3 can't wait to get legendary edition for pc the get all the mods graphics mod it's going to be awesome. 

I'm enjoying getting back into Skyrim, but none of the mods I used to use are updated for SE yet :'(

I got a Steam Controller and Steam Link for Christmas.

I'm honestly impressed by how good they are, the link in particular. On a wired network it's pretty much indistinguishable from playing at my desktop. I mean, no-one is going to be playing pro CSGO on a Link anytime soon, but still, it's consistently adding about ~3ms display lag/ ~1ms added input lag according to the debug stats. Vsync alone is usually worse than this IIRC.

As far as graphical artifacts, it's basically perfect. The only time I noticed anything at all was when the GPU, (R9 Fury), was pushed to the absolute limit, and even then it was still plenty playable.

The Steam Controller, well, it's also better than I thought it would be. It's a learning curve, and once in a while it's a tad clunky handling games with no built-in normal controller support, but the controller itself is plenty serviceable, and I'm loving the community profiles. The control-scheme tweaking looks very in-depth, but I haven't needed it so far.

(Still working on youtube mixtape.)

On 12/27/2016 at 7:40 AM, theprolo said:

It's the utility mods like Unread Books Glow and SkyUI that I really miss unfortunately, but I'll look into those when I take a break from XCOM 2

That's another game I want, XCOM 2 looked like so much fun, I got enemy unknown with all dlc on the Christmas sale along with worms revolution

Edited by Paranørmal
My Grammers Shit

Just had a fairly hilarious occurrence in Rome: Total War's Grand Campaign.

I'm at war with the Greeks, and they'd approached me to broker for peace. The requested a ceasefire, and demanded I gave back Syracuse which I'd taken from them a few turns earlier.
Not wanting to do that, obviously, I made a counter-offer. A ceasefire, but they give me Thermon. I did that knowing they wouldn't go for it, we'll go another few years of war, I utterly trounce them, et cetera.

They went for it. Of course, now I have a town that's completely isolated and will likely fall within the year, especially as it's surrounded by quite some troops. But I own Thermon.

Moral of this story: Do everything you can with as much arrogance as possible. It pays off. (don't listen to that)

Great way to start off the year: my youtube mixtape, which is exactly on time as promised:

23 minutes ago, lukeb28 said:

Hello everyone!

Is anyone here playing factorio? I've put about 200 hours in the last few weeks into it and now I want to try the multiplayer!

I've played it a bit and would love to try multi as well. Would y'all be interested in a persistent Kitty Jail server? Given some patience, I could run it on this spare laptop I have next to me.

9 hours ago, Melfice said:

Moral of this story: Do everything you can with as much arrogance as possible. It pays off. (don't listen to that)

Donald Trump would like to have a word with you.

1 minute ago, TheBytemaster said:

I've played it a bit and would love to try multi as well. Would y'all be interested in a persistent Kitty Jail server? Given some patience, I could run it on this spare laptop I have next to me.

Ya absolutely! 

Okay, so, here's the deal. I'm not sure if I'll have the time/willpower to set it up this week, and the week after that will be the first week of the new semester. My estimate for any kind of timetable is unpredictable at best, but the lessons I learned from the old KJ Technic Legends server, (as well as the large amount of learning I've done concerning Linux), will help a lot, so it might actually not be all that bad.

That said, the way I see it, we have three options for the server.

1. Run stock on the latest version. (0.14)

2. Wait for 0.15 to come out, which will have a *lot* of new content and tweaks.

3. Embrace the darkness and use mods.

9 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

2. Wait for 0.15 to come out, which will have a *lot* of new content and tweaks.

3. Embrace the darkness and use mods.

I say a blend. I haven't played with mods yet so that might be fun, and 0.15 could be a long ways off. The devs seem very adamant about not giving etas unless you've seen something I haven't (which is very possible as I'm only just really getting into the community).

5 hours ago, lukeb28 said:

I say a blend. I haven't played with mods yet so that might be fun, and 0.15 could be a long ways off. The devs seem very adamant about not giving etas unless you've seen something I haven't (which is very possible as I'm only just really getting into the community).

IIRC, the devs off-the-cuff said early February at one point, but I'd be hard pressed to find where I read that again.