Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

18 hours ago, Neowulf said:

Other voters claim they didn't believe it was real and only voted for the exit out of protest.

I've heard a surprising lot of this and I can't understand the logic.

And yes, with such a small margin it'd be good to have a revote, I'd guess the voter turnout would be much greater (and they'd be forced to not fuck over UK:ers outside the UK). I just hope this at the very least shines some light on the dangers of voter apathy.

I don't get everyone talking about the pound tanking. It's not like the market has ever reacted to a big change in politics before, right?

Also if they have a revote I expect that there will be riots in the streets. The point of the referendum was to have the people's say and the majority of people said they'd rather leave the EU. If people cared enough they would've voted the first time.

The best thing about the re-vote petition is that it was apparently started by a pro-leave campaigner before the referendum who thought we would stay. Whether that's actually true or not I don't know, but it's a great story nonetheless

On 6/26/2016 at 11:36 AM, Kocken926 said:

I've heard a surprising lot of this and I can't understand the logic.

A lot of people are thoroughly convinced The Establishment controls voting results and The Establishment would never let the UK leave the EU, since they also control the EU. So whether they wanted to leave or not they voted to leave just to annoy The Establishment out of protest.

You see a lot of these conspiracy nuts state side. Just look for someone who claims the republican and democrat parties are identical.

On 6/26/2016 at 2:35 PM, Mooseman9 said:

I don't get everyone talking about the pound tanking. It's not like the market has ever reacted to a big change in politics before, right?

Yeah, but the problem is currencies always rebound quickly until they don't.

Uncharted territory here, the hits to the financial markets could be longer lived than most would like.

On 28/06/2016 at 7:20 AM, Neowulf said:

Uncharted territory here, the hits to the financial markets could be longer lived than most would like.

I believe I read somewhere that the bank of England has set up an emergency fund to prop up the Pound Sterling and prevent it from free-falling.
I think it's equal to about 20 years of membership of the EU. Yeah.

EDIT: 250 BILLION Pound Sterling.
Whoops.

Edited by Melfice

13 hours ago, TheBytemaster said:

Idea: What if when you go to sleep, your consciousness actually dies? And every time you wake up, a new one is born with all the memories of the old?

How would you be able to tell? :v:

(I am now in the Discord if anyone cares. I am also in the discord if nobody cares.)

Well sure, but why limit it to when you're going to sleep? You might be dying every nanosecond for all you know.

(...do you listen to the Hello Internet/watch CGPgrey or do you just have good timing?)

6 hours ago, Kocken926 said:

Well sure, but why limit it to when you're going to sleep? You might be dying every nanosecond for all you know.

That doesn't matter, because the universe is destroyed and recreated every instant. Your "death" wouldn't even register in time for it matter.
You'd die outside of existence, therefore you wouldn't even realize it and continue on as you'd get recreated just before your death.

10 hours ago, Kocken926 said:

(...do you listen to the Hello Internet/watch CGPgrey or do you just have good timing?)

Personally sleep feels more to me like a low-power mode of consciousness, kind of like a computer's sleep mode.

I guess I just have good timing.

3 hours ago, Melfice said:

That doesn't matter, because the universe is destroyed and recreated every instant. Your "death" wouldn't even register in time for it matter.
You'd die outside of existence, therefore you wouldn't even realize it and continue on as you'd get recreated just before your death.

:stare:

Wat.

my dear god this is still going?

howdy everyone it is i, the one, the only, richs_yard, fomentor of rebellion, whale box contributor, greatest commander of the teckertons.

i remember stumbling upon kitty jail 3 years ago. good times. sadly time has passed. since i'll be turning 18 within a couple of weeks, i thought i would swing by and check up on a few old friends that were part of my "intelligent phase" as a kid.

how is everyone 

No, that's alright, Niantic.
You just released an AR game with the Pokémon name attached. Of course you won't need proper servers.

What is it with companies releasing massively anticipated, popular games with an online component and completely, utterly underestimating server requirements.

Back to Pokémon GO, HOLY SHIT up to $100 in microtransactions!? YOU CAN BUY THREE FULL COCKING POKÉMON GAMES FOR THAT!
"Oh, but they're optional, you can pl-" SHUT UP TWAT! There's wait timers. And with $100 at stake, I'm not waiting 24 cocking hours just so I could catch another Pokémon!

Holy shit! Why is this popular!? Why is nobody banning this shit!?

Edited by Melfice

7 hours ago, Richs_Yard said:

my dear god this is still going?

howdy everyone it is i, the one, the only, richs_yard, fomentor of rebellion, whale box contributor, greatest commander of the teckertons.

i remember stumbling upon kitty jail 3 years ago. good times. sadly time has passed. since i'll be turning 18 within a couple of weeks, i thought i would swing by and check up on a few old friends that were part of my "intelligent phase" as a kid.

how is everyone 

Pretty good

Unfortunately, since it's the summer holidays and I'm not naive enough to think I can do nothing but play War Thunder and Company of Heroes 24/7 for the next few months, I've recently gotten back into roblox. Wish me luck...

7 hours ago, theprolo said:

Pretty good

Unfortunately, since it's the summer holidays and I'm not naive enough to think I can do nothing but play War Thunder and Company of Heroes 24/7 for the next few months, I've recently gotten back into roblox. Wish me luck...

i've never really lost interest in roblox, thats where i still spend a good bit of my time. got myself a nice group now