Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

10 hours ago, holymage! said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teHu8Njm5HE

so in a 1 on 1 battle Halo wins....but in a warzone lightsaber will...

Gonna call bullshite. The energy sword wins on design because it has a 1 inch gap at the end of a yard long sword? And curved spikes pointing at the wielder's wrist?

The blade grab design is useless. You need blades splaying out to catch the opponent's blade, not a tiny gap at the point of the sword. And the wrist guard limits the wielder's range of motion. No point in protecting your wrist when a 2 degree yaw in hand position puts your own blade into your arm.

The energy sword may be pretty, but the lightsaber would chew it up in a real battle.

Just refresh your forums, sometimes you still have a cached version stuck in there.

(I do find that the text in the text editor is exceptionally too light to read properly, though. It's basically a light grey when it should be a solid black.)

Just now, TheBytemaster said:

Idea: Passive-aggressive DRM.

Ack. That's even worse than aggressive DRM. Instead of shutting you out if you don't have the key, it'll let you play, but when you stop, it'll set up a timer. After a day or two it'll nag you about why you won't play this game any more and talk about suicide and other stuff. If you don't play the game again after a month, it'll erase itself but leave a registry key that, cryptically, resembles a suicide note.

Still better than the ideas from my dorm neighbor in college.

Back when LCDs were a pipe dream for general use and CRTs were the norm, he came up with the idea of overriding the display driver and causing the monitor to surreptitiously double or triple exposing bits of the display with extra power. Forcing a permanent ghost image and possibly even burning through the phosphorus and branding the pirate.

It's a good thing displays don't rely on blasting particle beams towards their viewers anymore...

21 hours ago, Lethosos said:

Ack. That's even worse than aggressive DRM. Instead of shutting you out if you don't have the key, it'll let you play, but when you stop, it'll set up a timer. After a day or two it'll nag you about why you won't play this game any more and talk about suicide and other stuff. If you don't play the game again after a month, it'll erase itself but leave a registry key that, cryptically, resembles a suicide note.

Still, arguably better than yandere DRM.

Edited by TheBytemaster

I have two new favorite spams now.

"Human Click!", because nothing says skynet like a piece of software commanding people to perform actions.

"Best lottery expert", who is apparently so rich he has nothing better to do than charge people to give them winning lotto numbers.

Someday I'd like to see their relevance matrix for technic. What kind of audience crossover do they think exists that would make the forums a good candidate for SEO abuse.

23 hours ago, Lethosos said:

Hey, Byte--the server's down. Just letting you know.

Back up, sorry about that. Honestly I wasn't aware anyone was using it still, lol. Maybe I'll have to get back on.

23 hours ago, Ysharma said:

PM me the ip if turtles are allowed?

Turtles are usually not allowed, but we can make an exception for the Supreme Overlord of Turtles, I suppose. :P

The address is spence.mooo.com

As far as I know, it's the latest version. Correct me if I am wrong, though.

Also;

:siren: JET SET RADIO IS FREE ON STEAM GO GET IT NOW MERRY CHRISTMAS :siren:

• Moderators

I'd like to see how some people brainstormed this idea.

"hey, guys! we need to refresh the anime dating sim genre. We need to come up with a new twist to make it fresh and attract new players to it."

some dude watching the movie Fury "man, tanks are so cool".

"really?" brain starts buzzing..... "I got it! let's put tanks in our own dating sim game! because guys likes tanks and girls!"

23 hours ago, Melfice said:

I believe there's also one with warships.
I have forgotten, and prefer it to keep forgotten, the title.

EDIT: ... keep forgotten? Keep forgot? Whichever.

Found it; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantai_Collection

That's... quite the long and very specific list of ships in the game. 100+ of them, all voice acted.

Edited by TheBytemaster