Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

So I return to the community after a LONG break, and once again I. HAVE. NO. IDEA. WHAT. IS. GOING. ON. (No seriously, since when was KJ resurrected?)

Hi, it looks like it's not coming back.  The forums were jacked for a few days because some conversion tasks were breaking.  We finally put up a new version of IPS where it'd been fixed, but it apparently fixed that by just wiping any thread it had a problem with, which seems to have been primarily long threads.  So KJ is gone and it's not coming back, sorry.

I ran out of wood building the second floor of a building that completely encases a small farming settlement.

Modding is going to be fun. There are some building part gaps that will be extremely simple to fill. Like wall pieces for the small slabs, a concrete foundation small slab, and fences with a foundation. Maybe a larger slab size for floors, too. And I definitely want ceiling turrets, floodlights, a powered dirt well, and hydroponics to grow food off dirt.

I ran out of wood building the second floor of a building that completely encases a small farming settlement.

Modding is going to be fun. There are some building part gaps that will be extremely simple to fill. Like wall pieces for the small slabs, a concrete foundation small slab, and fences with a foundation. Maybe a larger slab size for floors, too. And I definitely want ceiling turrets, floodlights, a powered dirt well, and hydroponics to grow food off dirt.

Yeah, the modding potential for the house/community building is huge. I want to be able to build an empire from the random junk I find laying on the floor!

Then, if you could make NPCs that were able to harvest, recycle, or even build...

There are already stores that generate caps and a salvage station that generates building materials when you assign a settler to them. Plus excess food and water in a settlement becomes actual items in settlement storage. But none of that affects the world by actually taking away objects.

Building isn't really needed, but I suspect a prefab swapping upgrade system will be possible once the script extender is in place. Parties of NPCs that you unleash on an area and have them seek out items to pick up should be possible too, but anything other than "Companions, clean this place out while I sit here" will probably be impossible as I doubt the game supports altering objects in unloaded areas.

There are already stores that generate caps and a salvage station that generates building materials when you assign a settler to them. Plus excess food and water in a settlement becomes actual items in settlement storage. But none of that affects the world by actually taking away objects.

Building isn't really needed, but I suspect a prefab swapping upgrade system will be possible once the script extender is in place. Parties of NPCs that you unleash on an area and have them seek out items to pick up should be possible too, but anything other than "Companions, clean this place out while I sit here" will probably be impossible as I doubt the game supports altering objects in unloaded areas.

the closest thing i know currently know of that does something like this is winstead mine (skyrim mod) but that uses a script to determine how much stuff you should be getting at any one point. it doesn't actually alter the game O.o  

i guess chicken bones (he still makes the mod for chunkloaders right?) will have to get some chunk loaders ;) 

also i'm finding Fallout 4 to be like if Skyrim and Minecraft had a baby...you'd get Fallout 4. 
ps does anyone know if building more then one salvage station increases the amount of stuff you get? i'm in desperate need of copper for power lines ;) 

Two legendaries critters, a legendary raider, and a supermutant patrol with suicider just making it to a quest building. Inside, two legendary synths and a named "leader synth" that was just as hard to kill as the legendaries, all in the same room.

I'm thinking their legendary spawn mechanic needs some balancing...

Two legendaries critters, a legendary raider, and a supermutant patrol with suicider just making it to a quest building. Inside, two legendary synths and a named "leader synth" that was just as hard to kill as the legendaries, all in the same room.

I'm thinking their legendary spawn mechanic needs some balancing...

a Bethesda game that doesn't need balance tweeks?!?!? what is this madness! 

Finished the building, at the end you have to fight the guy who killed your wife and stole your baby. Another legendary synth in the room with the merc guy...

I'm getting afraid of continuing. If things keep going this way I'll be fighting a half dozen legendary deathclaws in a cave...

Finished the building, at the end you have to fight the guy who killed your wife and stole your baby. Another legendary synth in the room with the merc guy...

I'm getting afraid of continuing. If things keep going this way I'll be fighting a half dozen legendary deathclaws in a cave...

Spoiler warning! Not that the story seems interesting, from what I've heard. Is the story any good, considering how much more story-focused the game's supposed to be?

Edited by Kocken926

Spoiler warning! Not that the story seems interesting, from what I've heard. Is the story any good, considering how much more story-focused the game's supposed to be?

i haven't had any movitve ation to do it, i'm still going around looking for things with copper in them so i know what i need for defences and sghit 

Five Power Armour frames. (though only one complete set of T-45 armour)
Three Fat Man mini nuke launchers.
Two miniguns. (no ammo though...)

Oh, and SIXTEEN Fusion Cores.

I'm doing alright, I think.

Edited by Melfice

right now the only thing that is really erking me is not knowing what people are assigned to...food? defence? salvaging? are they taking things from place to place? i can't name the new settlers or anything so no self tagging. 

i mean come on how hard would be to  have the icons appear over someone to tell me what they are doing...

Hey Byte, do you think it would be fair to add UU-matter recipe for ender pearls to your server? There doesn't seem to be one built in. One idea I've seen floating around is 8 UUM along the edges of the crafting table making one pearl, do you think that's reasonable?

That's not a spoiler, that's an intro sequence.

And I think people are ragging on the story because the main storyline doesn't really stand out compared to the other features in the game. It's as good as 3 and NV, but the side features are just better this time around.

7 spare power armor cores, one on Nick (followers in power armor is epic), and I'm in an X-01 set. 30 fusion cores. Level 30 heavily invested in crafting and settlement perks.

I took this week off work for the game...

As for settler assignment woes, I've read forcing settlers to wear specific hats helps keep track of things. I'm waiting for bethesda to wise up and add a settlement ledger you can build to track and change assignments.

That's not a spoiler, that's an intro sequence.

And I think people are ragging on the story because the main storyline doesn't really stand out compared to the other features in the game. It's as good as 3 and NV, but the side features are just better this time around.

7 spare power armor cores, one on Nick (followers in power armor is epic), and I'm in an X-01 set. 30 fusion cores. Level 30 heavily invested in crafting and settlement perks.

I took this week off work for the game...

As for settler assignment woes, I've read forcing settlers to wear specific hats helps keep track of things. I'm waiting for bethesda to wise up and add a settlement ledger you can build to track and change assignments.

if Bethesda doesn't the modding community will....but you should never have to rely on a modding community to fix something you know is broken 

breaking the Fallout 4 talk i'm going to ask a question of everyone. 

is there any form of dimensional travel in tekkit Legends? was on Byte's server and this happened on my way back from the nether. 

http://imgur.com/M0gIqMO

Edited by holymage!
added content

Hey Byte, do you think it would be fair to add UU-matter recipe for ender pearls to your server? There doesn't seem to be one built in. One idea I've seen floating around is 8 UUM along the edges of the crafting table making one pearl, do you think that's reasonable?

That sounds more than fair. I have no idea where I would begin though, perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

Wait. Anyone remember Yandere-Sim? Apparently it wasn't a joke. This guy's still at it. (Probably don't watch this at work.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfUSEfEynE

After wondering about humanity for a few minutes, I realized the gameplay could actually be kind of fun. I have often looked at mystery "who's the murderer" games and wondered if the game would be more fun if you could be the murderer. "And then there were none" and all that.

Nevermind, after reading some of his bug-fixes, now I'm just kind of weirded out.

"Fixed a bug where you could still have time to torture a prisoner before school after sleeping in due to reading manga at night."

:stare:

At any rate, I can only imagine :foxnews: FOX NEWS :foxnews: will have way too much fun with this when it's found on some kid's computer after he/she gets arrested for violence or threatens a school or whatever.

Put this in a ".zs" file in (server folder)/scripts.

Thanks, I'll hopefully get that in tonight.

Edited by TheBytemaster

Wait. Anyone remember Yandere-Sim? Apparently it wasn't a joke. This guy's still at it. (Probably don't watch this at work.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfUSEfEynE

After wondering about humanity for a few minutes, I realized the gameplay could actually be kind of fun. I have often looked at mystery "who's the murderer" games and wondered if the game would be more fun if you could be the murderer. "And then there were none" and all that.

Nevermind, after reading some of his bug-fixes, now I'm just kind of weirded out.

"Fixed a bug where you could still have time to torture a prisoner before school after sleeping in due to reading manga at night."

:stare:

At any rate, I can only imagine :foxnews: FOX NEWS :foxnews: will have way too much fun with this when it's found on some kid's computer after he/she gets arrested for violence or threatens a school or whatever.

Thanks, I'll hopefully get that in tonight.

Put this in a ".zs" file in (server folder)/scripts.

won't that mean that we will all have to do that?