Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

what server? I want a refund!

This server.

Alright guys, the Official Kitty Jail Tekkit Legends server is officially OPEN. :frogsiren:

Rules: Be cool. Don't grief, steal, etc. I neither want nor expect to have to make some exhaustive list of rules. 

The server address is:  spence.mooo.com

(No, that's not my name, I just borrowed the address.)

Things to note:

• I have left mobgriefing enabled, but I, (or an op), will compensate/refund you if exessssssive damages are caused by this, (IE: creeper in your machine room.)
  • All chunk-loading is enabled, but please keep it reasonable, as the server isn't super duper powerful. Please no more than one or two chunkloading devices per person.
  • PvP is enabled.
  • The server difficulty is set to Normal.
  • The server should be on 24/7, but if anything happens to it, let me know either here or on Steam, and I'll fix it ASAP.

I have made a few custom config file tweaks, the significant ones are listed below:

Hidden Content

Enjoy! :tipshat:

Edited by TheBytemaster
Nevermind, I fixed the formatting

From what I heard twitch beat dark souls. Though apparently after the first boss they had to alter the player so it basically became turn based.

Yeah. They put in the option to have like a ~50 second delay in-between every few seconds or so of action to both let the viewers see the consequences of their actions before choosing what to do next, (because of stream lag), and to gather votes for what the next action should be. (So, democracy mode from TPP, essentially.) So not quite as great as beating it in real time. (But somewhat impressive from a technical point-of-view though. Not sure how they implemented that without making the game unstable.)

They borked the operating system, they installing arch linux now

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchinstallsarchlinux

And, once they finish, they will install a Gameboy emulator. And then...

That or they'll log into twitch chat, find the channel they're on, and then the singularity will be upon us.

Oh wait, shoot, is it already over?

Lol, they had to close the stream down for now, apparently someone had a huge botnet, (which is the only reason they "succeeded"), and kept trying to install nmap.

Edited by TheBytemaster

• Moderators

In other news, I have an amd R7 370 4gig card on the way and fallout 4 preordered. Next tuesday is gonna be a good day.

It's gonna be a week of backwards flying Vertibirds and NPCs getting pots on their heads while you rob them blind.

i finally made it onto my schools instagram

it was this event where you were measuring people, and i was partnered with someone half my size, and i was doing the whole "flat ruler on the head" trick for a good measurement, which involved both of my hands.

i had nowhere else to put my yard stick, so i had it betwixt my legs, while i was bent over and measuring my partner.

needless to say, my glory ended after a few hours following me commenting "dont look at my yardstick please"

When I was researching what card to get for fallout 4 I was reminded why I stay away from intel and nvidia as much as possible.

Comparing a radeon to a geforce of similar price, gpuboss gave the nvidia card a 10% better rating despite all but two metrics falling in the radeon's favor. Some metrics by 200-300% better on the radeon. Clock and memory speeds, texture fill rates, actual game frame rates, 3dmark scores for dx10 and dx11. All of that takes second fiddle to 50 watts of draw power and 3dmark directx 9 scores apparently.

I wish I could tell google to never show me to never show me that site in searches ever again. I hate paid shills pushing themselves off as unbiased info sources.

When I was researching what card to get for fallout 4 I was reminded why I stay away from intel and nvidia as much as possible.

Comparing a radeon to a geforce of similar price, gpuboss gave the nvidia card a 10% better rating despite all but two metrics falling in the radeon's favor. Some metrics by 200-300% better on the radeon. Clock and memory speeds, texture fill rates, actual game frame rates, 3dmark scores for dx10 and dx11. All of that takes second fiddle to 50 watts of draw power and 3dmark directx 9 scores apparently.

Wow. I mean, I've seen the anti-AMD bias before, but never quite that bad. The bias is almost as bad as the site design.  :iceburn:

It's still somewhat biased towards Nintel stuff, but I usually use http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ as a starting point and then look around at real-world game benchmarks on different news sites. I'd like to use somewhere else as a starting point though. Anyone have any recommendations on good unbiased sources?

I wish I could tell google to never show me to never show me that site in searches ever again. I hate paid shills pushing themselves off as unbiased info sources. There's just GOT to be a better way!

<insert infomercial intro here>

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/personal-blocklist-by-goo/nolijncfnkgaikbjbdaogikpmpbdcdef?hl=en-US

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-unwanted-results-of-go/?src=search

Edited by TheBytemaster

You're lucky you only have to get a new card. I'm going to see if I can build a new computer for Fallout with like a 500$ dollar budget since my old one's on my final legs.

This is totally possible. Two main routes you could go here. Number one, (the normal way) is to:

• Pick out parts on Newegg/Tigerdirect/whatever (I'd recommend a cheap AMD processor like Neowulf has, an FX 6300 can be had for ~100$ and works reasonably well for games.)
  • Fight with any stupid rebate companies that are applicable.
  • Boom done.

Or number two, (my way) is to:

• Get something along the lines of this from Ebay, put the guts in a new case if you want, and then add a PSU + GPU. (And maybe more RAM.)
  • Either swap out the HDD with your current one or upgrade later when you have the money. (Or just use the one that came with it.)
  • Boom done

Edited by TheBytemaster

This is totally possible. Two main routes you could go here. Number one, (the normal way) is to:

• Pick out parts on Newegg/Tigerdirect/whatever (I'd recommend a cheap AMD processor like Neowulf has, an FX 6300 can be had for ~100$ and works reasonably well for games.)
  • Fight with any stupid rebate companies that are applicable.
  • Boom done.

Or number two, (my way) is to:

• Get something along the lines of this from Ebay, put the guts in a new case if you want, and then add a PSU + GPU. (And maybe more RAM.)
  • Either swap out the HDD with your current one or upgrade later when you have the money. (Or just use the one that came with it.)
  • Boom done

You're a lifesaver Byte. 

Definitely add more ram. Fallout needs atleast 8gig.

And I'm not sure that motherboard will have a slot for a discrete graphics card. So it would be a good idea to plug the model into HP's website and see what it shipped with.

As for built it yourself. It might actually be possible to meet the minimums with an A10-7870 and 16+gig of ram.

Edit: Also, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2552841 meets the minimums.

Edited by Neowulf