Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Anyone want a key for Skullgirls? I also have another one for Planetary Annihilation if anyone wants it.

Also, the server will be updated to the newest build tomorrow.

The server has been updated.

Also, this is great/terrifying.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/usb-killer-flash-drive-can-fry-your-computers-innards-in-seconds/

I mean, it wasn't hard to do with a disposable camera flash before, but the fact that he got the thing into a regular-ish looking USB drive, (and uses the computer's own power against it), is quite impressive. Also makes it a *lot* easier to trick people into plugging them into computers.

"Yeah, I found this contraption with a circuit board, big batteries, and lots of wires all over in the parking lot. It had a USB port, so I plugged it into my computer. Not sure why but it stopped working after that."

Edited by TheBytemaster

Good news.

Now that PAYDAY 2 is dead, I will be spending much more time here.

Anyway, I still can't connect to the server. What's going on? The address is spence.mooo.com, right? It's not finding any servers at all over there. Are you sure you unblocked me properly?

Edited by Teraku

Good news.

Anyway, I still can't connect to the server. What's going on? The address is spence.mooo.com, right? It's not finding any servers at all over there. Are you sure you unblocked me properly?

Payday's dead? Have I missed something?

Microtransactions, mate. 

EDIT: Well... that's odd. Safe to say, of course, that it wasn't Neowulf who said that.

You mean the vast hordes of DLC weren't enough? How have they even managed to find people willing to pay more for microtransactions?

bye bye plug.dj

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/kitty-jail

I'll be here all day, so COME ON AND SLAM

Yes, the UI is really terrible, but it'll work until https://turn.fm/ is up.

Good news.

Anyway, I still can't connect to the server. What's going on? The address is spence.mooo.com, right? It's not finding any servers at all over there. Are you sure you unblocked me properly?

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what's going on then, my guess would be that your IP is appearing to the firewall box to come from a country I haven't white-listed. It'll be a few days before I get access to the firewall again, but I'll try and figure out what's going on as soon as I can. The logs are rather detailed, so I'm sure any connection attempts you've made will be in there.

Edited by TheBytemaster

so I managed to make my own pack, would anyone be interested in trying it out? I'm holding off to show it in public until I got the Platform page done

What's it about?
Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink? Magic? Technology? HQM-based (adventure)?

Payday's dead? Have I missed something?

They added micro-transactions on top of the already egregious amounts of DLC.

Basically Crimefest 2015 is happening, and they promised all updates would be free. And I guess the update is free, but to actually enjoy it you need to shell out $2,50 per weapon.

The micro-transactions are in the form of "weapon skins" like in CS:GO, except these ones also give stat boosts. On top of that they've nerfed most weapons (but buffed pistols to hilariously OP levels), to encourage people to offset the difference by buying stat-boosting skins.

Additionally the development team is falling apart. A lot of the employees are leaving in droves. The vice-president (brother of the CEO, too) of Starbreeze, Ulf Andersson, had a falling out due to the business practices, and he's now started his own company. Naturally Overkill couldn't help but mock Ulf by portraying Wolf (the ingame character that's based on Ulf) in a negative way.

It appears there's a bit of corruption in the company too, just read this.

The negative reviews are slowly but surely taking over the 100k outdated positive reviews, as well. Metacritic ratings went from 7.9 to 5.0. Sales figures are dropping.

Edited by Teraku

I'm guessing that'll turn out to be an exaggeration. I mean, yeah, you probably won't be able to run it full tilt on a core2duo, but I suspect most i5 models should be fine.

i hope it is....but it won't be the end of the world if it's true, drivers will also come out to help with that.... 

I am quite annoyed that invision kept the spam messages it didn't feel like cleaning out. We've been displaying over 100 pages of india based scam threads ever since the move. Out of our sight, but I guarantee the search crawlers indexed them the whole time. Thankfulkly now all the sections should be clean.

I would not be surprised if the board devs actually had a deal with the spammers to leave that behavior in their software...