Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Fixed the network problems. Speedtest ping is now 6ms, and our upload speed went from ~4mbit to ~40mbit.

So yeah, server should be better now, and if it starts degrading again, now I know how to fix it.

Teraku, you should be unblocked now. As well as any ireland/scotland/england/whales people. With the better network response, it might actually work reasonably well overseas now.

Alright, many thanks. Will get on later today.

Don't worry I already pestered him about it.  They added IC2 which is cool.

That's great. IC2 was really one of the things that this modpack was still missing.

EDIT: It seems I still cannot get on the server. Is it on right now?

Edited by Teraku

Alright, many thanks. Will get on later today.

That's great. IC2 was really one of the things that this modpack was still missing.

EDIT: It seems I still cannot get on the server. Is it on right now?

Sadly, and rather irritatingly, I'm having somewhat severe problems with the internet connection, (as those who kept getting dropped by the server may have noticed), which is odd, because it's been completely solid for over a year, and of course now it suddenly decides to be flakey. I suspect our network is entirely down right now, not there to check/fix it. Techs are scheduled to come Thursday, and I've specifically set aside time to be there in person when they come. Until then, I have no idea what times the server will be connected, but I've left it on so that you can at least play while the network is working. (For the past few days it's been working most of the time, maybe try back in an hour.)

Don't worry I already pestered him about it.  They added IC2 which is cool.

Sorry, had family over, couldn't find an excuse to lock myself in the basement with the server for an hour. I'm working on upgrading a copy of the server I made this morning right now. (Don't worry, I'll copy the maps, so any changes you guys manage to make today before I get back will stick.)

EDIT: Server's updated, no problems transitioning, other than maps being reset.

EDIT AGAIN: Turns out teleporting via map has been disabled, despite my vast and unknowable copy-paste skills. I think I'll leave it like that though, to encourage building railroads and such. Also, I've scattered a handful of IC2 rubber trees in the already-generated area, so you shouldn't have to go too far to find one.

Edited by TheBytemaster

*sighs* Been looking forward to expanding my grinder setup and starting the walls tonight on LethTech[tm] on the server. No dice.

Ah, well. I've been neglecting MCTunnel for too long, anyways.

so i got that feeling to playing something nostalgic last night, went to Runescape, logged into my account to find myself on tutorial island. guess my account go broken into and used for botting. i guess i'm lucky cause i didn't get out right banned....

oh well rip my level 77, rip my D scimmy, and rip everything. 

so i got that feeling to playing something nostalgic last night, went to Runescape, logged into my account to find myself on tutorial island. guess my account go broken into and used for botting. i guess i'm lucky cause i didn't get out right banned....

oh well rip my level 77, rip my D scimmy, and rip everything. 

I gave away my account after I stopped playing, and I regret it. Shit game, but I had a ring from an easter event that turned me into an easter egg when used. I sent quite a few newbies around the F2P world to collect resources, telling them I could craft them a ring with a bunch of random, hard-to-attain crap. Good times.

Man, 14yo me was an asshole.

• Moderators

back when RS was hip and 2D, I found a green mask in that jungle island. I sold it to a dude that same day for 200k, I think. or less...

you know what that stupid mask is worth today? 350-500mil. Fucking hell...

I gave away my account after I stopped playing, and I regret it. Shit game, but I had a ring from an easter event that turned me into an easter egg when used. I sent quite a few newbies around the F2P world to collect resources, telling them I could craft them a ring with a bunch of random, hard-to-attain crap. Good times.

Man, 14yo me was an asshole.

Runescape is a crappy game i agree, but compared to gaming now a days. i think is good because its simple, you could easy ignore half the game and play the other have 

you look at something like tera and you have to do combat in order to get to high level resources, which is something i hate about games these days. 

if i want to sit around and chop yew trees in the gome stronghold all day i could do that...and the only thing i needed was level 60 (or was it 70?) woodcutting. 

back when RS was hip and 2D, I found a green mask in that jungle island. I sold it to a dude that same day for 200k, I think. or less...

you know what that stupid mask is worth today? 350-500mil. Fucking hell...

ahhh back in the day when they didn't have the trade bar at the bottom tell you what the gold value was on the GE. 

EDIT:woooah auto merging of posts now....this is getting really advanced and shit. 

Edited by holymage!

You're a monster. That game looks like my nightmare.

knew i was missing somebody here. long time no talk you fiend!

IN OTHER NEWS:

i went through all my old statuses and i found fat omalax. new avatar for now

also, i found where all the spam threads go! they make up the last 50 pages of OT

Edited by Richs_Yard

knew i was missing somebody here. long time no talk you fiend!

IN OTHER NEWS:

i went through all my old statuses and i found fat omalax. new avatar for now

also, i found where all the spam threads go! they make up the last 50 pages of OT

Woah, you're right. Never saw those before. I thought spam threads got deleted when the user was spam-cleaned.

They are, but invision has trouble handling more than 100 posts per user when spam cleaning.

Thanks for pointing them out. I'm going through fixing them. Which means unflagging then re-flagging them as spammer a couple times so the boards cleans another 100 posts at a time.

Dear lord I wish we could move away from this lock-in piece of shit forum software...

Did anyone here try out the Battlefront beta over the weekend? I thought it was pretty cool, although the huge number of people in some matches meant you couldn't spawn without someone standing behind you waiting with a gun to your head, intentionally or not...

Yeah, I played it.  It's funny that you should say that, because many people are complaining that Battlefront II supported as many as 128 players and that 40 isn't enough.  To be fair, it's more a problem with the way spawns work than the number of players.  And I won't deny, I'm guilty of spawncamping the rebels on the first stage of Hoth in an AT-ST, they were beating us pretty soundly and I like to think that I bought my team the the few seconds we needed to win.  By the end one AT-AT was down and the other took its shot on the Shield Generator with something like 10 health.