Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Alright guys, the Official Kitty Jail Tekkit Legends server is officially OPEN. :frogsiren:

Rules: Be cool. Don't grief, steal, etc. I neither want nor expect to have to make some exhaustive list of rules. 

The server address is:  spence.mooo.com

(No, that's not my name, I just borrowed the address.)

Things to note:

• I have left mobgriefing enabled, but I, (or an op), will compensate/refund you if exessssssive damages are caused by this, (IE: creeper in your machine room.)
  • All chunk-loading is enabled, but please keep it reasonable, as the server isn't super duper powerful. Please no more than one or two chunkloading devices per person.
  • PvP is enabled.
  • The server difficulty is set to Normal.
  • The server should be on 24/7, but if anything happens to it, let me know either here or on Steam, and I'll fix it ASAP.

I have made a few custom config file tweaks, the significant ones are listed below:

Hidden Content

Enjoy! :tipshat:

i will be that one stupid person....what mod pack/mods do i need to download and install to access this? 

Frankly I'm curious as to why people still use railcraft. It needlessly complicates track construction, a big chunk of the mod could be replicated with a single block to alter track intersections, and doesn't it still have that buggy heat tracking system?

steam? it also gave me away to make charcoal out of wood, which is why i used it back in the day, i forget what i used the charcoal for...i think it was to actually run my tree farm...and some power for for other random things.  

Edited by holymage!

hey guys, i could use some input on a current crisis im having as a senior applying for college.

i decided a year ago that i would double major in architecture and politicial sciences, two subjects that ive always been interested in.

however, lately ive been exposed to a lot of areas that interest me more. i have always been a huge advocate and lover of history, more specifically european, and one of my classes has me assistant teaching at a nearby elementary school. the same class has also extremely made me feel incompetent as an architect, as i am just not creative enough. so i have decided to drop my architecture major dreams, which only leaves me with the political sciences major. but thats still not what i want. i have decided to go to the university of my home state, Delaware, in order to be with my old friends. University of Delaware offers three majors that im interested in; History, History Education, and Political Sciences. i really want to do History Education and Political Sciences, however i decided a long time ago that i would never be a teacher, due to my extreme anger issue in terms of disrespect and doubting of authority. if i got a history major, i wouldnt know where to start for a job. i also dont know where to start for a job in political sciences, its really just a major i wanted incase i actually got interested in politics, which is something ive always wanted to do. history education is also a put off because of the income factor.

so what im really asking is: what majors should i do? History, History Education, Political Sciences, and/or architecture? i need to decide so i can start applying for colleges.

Don't discount an education major just because you don't want to sit in front of 30 bored teenagers. Colleges and universities need professors, online classes need instructors and curriculum planners, museums and historic sites need curators. Infact if you could sneak in some natural sciences classes you open a solid career path with parks&rec departments across the country.

Personal experience, my job has me working with some state historic sites and the full time employees there seem to love their jobs. Not just answering tourist questions, but arranging sites, designing informative material, dealing with state and local politics.

Architecture I would say find a local design firm and see if any of them would be willing to have a sit down chat and answer your questions/concerns. Even if your professors are all industry veterans, they are still atleast a couple years removed from actual draft work.

Political science. This is just me but I try to stay as far away from politics as possible (yes, odd coming from a government employee, but meh...). Too much relies on moods, doublespeak, and opinions.

the whole psychology behind politics is what intrigues me the most. the whole two face, diplomatic, charismatic experience.

i have no problem talking infront of 30 bored teenagers, its just when they question my authority and anger me to the point of doing something that i fear will cause me to lose my job. thats why im hesitant about it

Some of the required classes for an education major are on how to teach, not just what to teach. Basically therapy sessions to make sure you know the choke hold is not a valid teaching tool, no matter how tempting it is.

But yeah, if you get into public or even private education you will be confronted by both students and parents who see you as nothing more than an obstacle to yell at until it goes away. http://notalwayslearning.com/ is a good source of horror stories.

But like I said, there is more to an education major than public school teaching.

As for psychology. Yes, it's extremely fascinating and I even took every class on it I could in college (probably could have done a minor in psychology if I asked). But there is a big difference between between fascination and able to stand dealing with people who will attempt to incite others to physically assault you in one breath, deny it the next, and make sure you're still up for the photo op next week with their third.

Alright guys, the Official Kitty Jail Tekkit Legends server is officially OPEN. :frogsiren:

Rules: Be cool. Don't grief, steal, etc. I neither want nor expect to have to make some exhaustive list of rules. 

The server address is:  spence.mooo.com

(No, that's not my name, I just borrowed the address.)

Things to note:

• I have left mobgriefing enabled, but I, (or an op), will compensate/refund you if exessssssive damages are caused by this, (IE: creeper in your machine room.)
  • All chunk-loading is enabled, but please keep it reasonable, as the server isn't super duper powerful. Please no more than one or two chunkloading devices per person.
  • PvP is enabled.
  • The server difficulty is set to Normal.
  • The server should be on 24/7, but if anything happens to it, let me know either here or on Steam, and I'll fix it ASAP.

I have made a few custom config file tweaks, the significant ones are listed below:

Hidden Content

Enjoy! :tipshat:

Awesome, guess I'll start playing Tekkit Legends again.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but if anyone from outside the US/Finland has trouble connecting, let me know and I can fix it. (Network firewall does geo-whitelisting).

Where is the server located, anyway? I've had some pretty bad experience with servers in the US, I live in Europe and mining and combat is pretty much impossible on US servers, especially West Coast.

Anyway I cannot seem to join. Is the server off, or am I blocked by the firewall?

Edited by Teraku

Where is the server located, anyway? I've had some pretty bad experience with servers in the US, I live in Europe and mining and combat is pretty much impossible on US servers, especially West Coast.

Anyway I cannot seem to join. Is the server off, or am I blocked by the firewall?

You're being blocked by the firewall.

The server is located in the western US. The upload speed is *supposed* to be more than enough, (it's about 30 mbit), but there has been some occasional network lag for some people, so it might not be the best server for you. I can unblock you if you still want to try though.

You're being blocked by the firewall.

The server is located in the western US. The upload speed is *supposed* to be more than enough, (it's about 30 mbit), but there has been some occasional network lag for some people, so it might not be the best server for you. I can unblock you if you still want to try though.

Yeah, I'd like to give it a shot anyway. Unblock me if possible.

Edited by Teraku

Fixed the network problems. Speedtest ping is now 6ms, and our upload speed went from ~4mbit to ~40mbit.

So yeah, server should be better now, and if it starts degrading again, now I know how to fix it.

Teraku, you should be unblocked now. As well as any ireland/scotland/england/whales people. With the better network response, it might actually work reasonably well overseas now.