GenPage Posted June 2, 2014 Posted June 2, 2014 (edited) It has been reported on the Tracker that Dropbox recently made a change to their direct download links that breaks the Platform/Launcher link. Tracker report: http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2309-modpack-download-link-length/ New Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/meta_dl/eyJzdWJfcGF0aCI6ICIiLCAidGVzdF9saW5rIjogZmFsc2UsICJzZXJ2ZXIiOiAiZGwuZHJvcGJveHVzZXJjb250ZW50LmNvbSIsICJpdGVtX2lkIjogbnVsbCwgImlzX2RpciI6IGZhbHNlLCAidGtleSI6ICI3ejQ5Y20wNjdmbTFpcDQifQ/AALEAZwB_ipxYVobUzUgESgRP2H92s9cKZVaI2z-xEIauQ?dl=1 What the Technic Platform saves: https://www.dropbox.com/meta_dl/eyJzdWJfcGF0aCI6ICIiLCAidGVzdF9saW5rIjogZmFsc2UsICJzZXJ2ZXIiOiAiZGwuZHJvcGJveHVzZXJjb250ZW50LmNvbSIsICJpdGVtX2lkIjogbnVsbCwgImlzX2RpciI6IGZhbHNlLCAidGtleSI6ICI3ejQ5Y20wNjdmbTFpcDQifQ/AALEAZwB_ipxYVobUzUgESgRP2H92s9cKZVaI2z- This is due to the standard length of characters a normal test field/string saves (255 characters). Since the new dropbox links are longer than 255 characters, it cuts off the rest of the new link. We are working to fix this issue. Expect a hot fix within the next day or so. Edit: http://copy.com has been suggested as an alternative. Edited June 2, 2014 by GenPage Extra info lordarrani and File14 2 Quote
Dark_Arcana Posted June 2, 2014 Posted June 2, 2014 I've seen some packs on github, such as TPPI. But I don't know if that's just their source to work from for version control between their team or if they actually distribute from there. Interesting if they do. Quote
vidplace7 Posted June 2, 2014 Posted June 2, 2014 I've seen some packs on github, such as TPPI. But I don't know if that's just their source to work from for version control between their team or if they actually distribute from there. Interesting if they do. You shouldn't be using GitHub to distribute packs directly, however it's version control system is awesome, so I personally use it to store the git repo, which I then mirror to a proper web server. Quote
omrizod Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 (edited) Well that explains an aweful lot... :/ Edit: http://copy.com has been suggested as an alternative. How can I copy the download link adress? It doesnt let me right click. And I also tried copying the link adress from chrome's downloads, but I still get an error. Edit: Yay never ming I fixed it Edited June 3, 2014 by omrizod Quote
omrizod Posted June 3, 2014 Posted June 3, 2014 (edited) Oops I didn't notice I bumped! Sorry! *EDITED* Edited June 3, 2014 by omrizod Quote
mymindstorm Posted June 4, 2014 Posted June 4, 2014 (edited) I found a solution to the dropbox problem, replace www with dl and dropbox withdropboxusercontent in your URL. For example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf Becomes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf To force a file download, append a direct link with ?dl=1. Example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf?dl=1 From http://tricksbuzz.com/get-direct-link-dropbox/ Edited June 4, 2014 by mymindstorm clamytoe, Nesil and GenPage 3 Quote
GenPage Posted June 4, 2014 Author Posted June 4, 2014 This is actually a viable fix. I have successfully tested this. Thanks for sharing! I tried scouring the web for something like this but it looks like I didnt look hard enough. Quote
Nesil Posted June 5, 2014 Posted June 5, 2014 Thank you, mymindstorm, bold 'Net explorer! I can go back to using Dropbox! mymindstorm 1 Quote
PolymerBoy Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 Where do we actually change it? Because one that I have, it is dropbox but the URL I had to copy was http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/tons-o-fun-modpack so how do I fix the dropbox link? Quote
DAT3NGY Posted June 30, 2014 Posted June 30, 2014 So does anyone know if the problem is fixed yet? (without having to change the www. into dl. and the dropbox.com to dropboxusercontent.com.) Quote
mattymaats Posted July 4, 2014 Posted July 4, 2014 Hey guys, I'm guessing this is having an issue with AoTB as this keeps ticking out the server. 04.07 14:59:23 [server] SEVERE java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87311923/Minecraft/Food%20Plus%20MOD/Updater/version.txt Can you confirm if there is anything I can do or does this need to go to the foodplus devs? Quote
MommyNurse2012 Posted August 27, 2014 Posted August 27, 2014 (edited) I found a solution to the dropbox problem, replace www with dl and dropbox withdropboxusercontent in your URL. For example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf Becomes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf To force a file download, append a direct link with ?dl=1. Example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xttkmuvu7hh72vu/MyFile.pdf?dl=1 From http://tricksbuzz.com/get-direct-link-dropbox/ Am I still missing something? I've tried changing the URL and pasting it into the launcher where it asks for a URL when I add a new pack, but it tells me that the URL is not a valid one. I've also tried downloading the modpack directly, but I still am unable to get a new modpack to work. The only ones that do work are the ones that came "preloaded" when I downloaded Technic Launcher. *edited* NEVERMIND, must have just been having bad luck with finding broken modpacks. Edited August 27, 2014 by MommyNurse2012 Quote
Honnebombel Posted September 1, 2014 Posted September 1, 2014 Hey, i have fixed this problem through this a few month ago and it worked fine. Since yesterday the problem was there again. I have done all the same changes as every update before but it won't work. :/ Please help me. Quote
Jason_Anaminus Posted September 1, 2014 Posted September 1, 2014 Thanks for explaining. But the fix that I found is simple. 1-Right click the download button 2-Click "Copy Link Adress" 3-Now you have the right link for other programs to insta-download Quote
Honnebombel Posted September 2, 2014 Posted September 2, 2014 (edited) Thanks for your help. I have tried your solution too and first without sucess. The problem i found was a character mistake in the version so the generated filename of the modpack was not compatible with the technic laucher or Dropbox(I don't know which one). OT ON: Another question about Dropbox: My modpack gets more popular and i have read that dropbox has a data traffic limit of 20Gb/day. Is it true and if yes what will happen after the traffic limit is reached? OT OFF: Edited September 2, 2014 by Honnebombel Quote
Discord Moderator plowmanplow Posted September 2, 2014 Discord Moderator Posted September 2, 2014 Just use copy.com. I've not had any issues with bandwidth restrictions or limits on the space they provide to free accounts. Quote
mymindstorm Posted September 3, 2014 Posted September 3, 2014 (edited) MommyNurse2012, You didn't make it public, click the link button next to the file labeled: " Share Link" after the page loads it should work. Edited September 3, 2014 by mymindstorm Quote
hyperwaffle Posted September 22, 2014 Posted September 22, 2014 Thank you. Couldn't have made my custom modpack without this being figured out! mymindstorm 1 Quote
arceus_100lv Posted December 26, 2014 Posted December 26, 2014 it's not just the custom modpacks. it's all the modpacks. where do we find the tekkit lite download link to fix it? Quote
nuclearvillager Posted January 19, 2015 Posted January 19, 2015 (edited) ok, so i did what you suggested when i was creating my modpack, and now it can download correctly, so yay. but, now it just restarts the launcher every time i try to test-play it. im thinking its some kind of error on my part, but do you have any idea what it might be? NVM I FIXED IT!!WHOOOO!!!!! Edited January 19, 2015 by nuclearvillager Quote
Discord Moderator plowmanplow Posted January 19, 2015 Discord Moderator Posted January 19, 2015 ok, so i did what you suggested when i was creating my modpack, and now it can download correctly, so yay. but, now it just restarts the launcher every time i try to test-play it. im thinking its some kind of error on my part, but do you have any idea what it might be? That is likely just an issue with the construction of your modpack and it would be best if you posted a new thread in the Platform Pagoda forum. Make sure to include a link to your Technic Platform modpack page. Quote
0Beechlgz Posted July 17, 2015 Posted July 17, 2015 Just use copy.com. I've not had any issues with bandwidth restrictions or limits on the space they provide to free accounts. Dropbox suspended my private links for going over traffic allocation or something like that so I'm trying to use copy.com problem being that the link is not valid. Do you know if there's something I need to do to change the link? I've tried looking elsewhere but I can only find instructions for older versions of the service that used a different link structure and those no longer work. Quote
Discord Moderator plowmanplow Posted July 19, 2015 Discord Moderator Posted July 19, 2015 Copy.com public share links must have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to the URL. Quote
0Beechlgz Posted July 19, 2015 Posted July 19, 2015 Copy.com public share links must have "?download=1" (without quotes) appended to the URL. It tells me that the modpack location is not valid. Here is the modpack URL I'm trying to save it as: https://copy.com/X6X0jsOvH6qJ821k?download=1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.