Technic Platform V2 and Technic Launcher V3

KakerMix

• Forum Administrators

We launched ok geeze this topic is filled with old information!

MDyTikO.png

:siren:We are launching on Christmas Day :siren:

Hold on to your butts.

The new Platform is here: http://beta.technicpack.net/
The new Launcher is available from here: LauncherV3

This is a major design and (especially) feature shift from the current system.

For those of you that make packs you get access to a wealth of social features, update-in-launcher aspects and a very clear line of communication to your users. Your Platform page is now a very robust platform (heh) from which to show off your creation and engage with your users directly.

For those of you that just play, now you'll have many more ways to interact with pack creators and a voice of your own to highlight packs you like, read what other users are doing, etc.

Everyone will benefit from the new system, and we hope you guys like it as much as we've loved creating it for you. Please remember that this is not complete and things will be broken. If you find something that doesn't work like you think it should post it here, or come to #platformbeta on SynIRC and let us know. 

If you already have a Platform account (not the same as your Forums account) just use the same info to log in, remember to use your email instead of your username.

List of new features:
  • Platform Features:
    • All NEW social features! :parrot:
      • Ability to follow users and modpacks
      • Ability to post statuses as a user or a modpack owner.
      • Dashboard feed of followed users/modpack posts
      • Community feed of fellow users modpacks
      • Like/Comment/Report posts
    • New search engine powered by elasticsearch
      • Makes it easier to find modpacks on the platform :woot:
      • New algorithm to calculate trending modpacks! DOWN WITH +1
      • New statistics system for calculating runs and installs
    • Improved back-end code
    • Redesigned Admin console (for us)
    • AND MUCH MORE
  • Launcher Features:
    • ALL NEW DESIGN!!!!! :parrot:
    • Modpacks
      • Abillity to search for modpacks!
      • Abillity to Install modpacks!
      • View modpack descriptions and status posts!
      • View modpack likes/runs/installs!
    • News
      • View news posts in a newly organized tab
    • Discover
      • View trending, HOT, and new modpacks
    • General Options
      • New selectable language support! (Translators wanted!)
      • Custom Java arguments

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day comes ever closer. The new platform looks fantastic, and I'm downloading the launcher to see what the hubbub's about.

Edit: It's fantastic. It's got a really minimalist/smooth look which looks great.

Edited by Mooseman9

Amazing! great work.
I just have few questions:
- in the launcher will be an option to see changelogs along the updates?

- anything new with Solder? can't wait.

- maybe an option to an official place to put server download?

thanks!

Edited by Jon_

- in the launcher will be an option to see changelogs along the updates?

Yes, changelogs are reported to the launcher in the update feed of each pack.

- anything new with Solder? can't wait.

We'll do some solder improvements after the platform launches. We've got a lot of cool features in our sights, but it's not in the scope of the new platform.

- maybe an option to an official place to put server download?

We're going to look toward more server integration in the future, but not with this release. :) It is important, and we know that.

Yes, changelogs are reported to the launcher in the update feed of each pack.

We'll do some solder improvements after the platform launches. We've got a lot of cool features in our sights, but it's not in the scope of the new platform.

We're going to look toward more server integration in the future, but not with this release. :) It is important, and we know that.

Thank you for your response!

as a modpack developer, these are the features that I thought were the most important.

:)

• Discord Moderator

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else: The modpack metadata seems to be different when viewed through the current live versions of the platform and launcher compared to the beta versions.

For instance one of the packs I maintain is DatPack (current version 5.1.0):

Am i missing something?

Edited by plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

The beta site was seeded with data some time ago so unless a pack author has been on the beta site to update it, it's a bit out of date by now. We won't be using the data from the beta site, just the code.

Figured it was something like that. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a different option/branch I needed to look at. Thanks!

This is all shaping up really nice.  I like that there's a place to specify Java arguments.  My only suggestion would be that you allow users to select the Java version to use, because that alone can avoid a lot of future headaches if we run into another situation like Java 8 again.  It would also be nice for testing purposes.

The only thing I noticed that might be worth mentioning is that there's spots where the font looks a bit jagged.  Overall though it looks great.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not.  Sorry if its not I am kinda new to posting here.  I just wanted to ask a question...  In the future is there going to make your "own" mod packs. Like a listing of mods and you can select which ones you would like for a plain vanilla minecraft?  Not sure if I am describing my question correctly.

I don't know if its just my pc, but when I start the beta launcher its really takes its time and the response speed is very low. When I use the current launcher however the speed is just as it needs to be and I don't encounter any problems. I hope I have been of any help to you guys. Btw, my pc specs are: Intel core i3-3220; GPU Geforce GTX 750Ti; 6GB of RAM and I'm running on Windows 8.1.

I'm not sure if i'm the only one experiencing this bug when trying to link the solder api to a modpack it still says it needs to be linked and won't show up in the index. Download with solder doesn't work either, i'm using the normal zip method for now. Solder is set up properly and is working with the old platform, i'm just letting the Technicpack staff know about this bug.

Edited by sanderdegrote

2MB launcher executable to 33MB, oh boy..

Another icon/UI redesign we've gotta deal with.. just compounds my distress.

Negativity aside, comparing the Technic launcher to ATLauncher, it's sorely needed an upgrade for a long time.

..Unfortunately, it doesn't quite deliver. It seems to be based around social aspects instead of technical upgrades, and the only addition is a java args section.

If this is all the new Technic platform is going to provide, then I'm strongly considering moving over to the ATLauncher platform, as I'd really like to use the numerous features it offers that Technic doesn't.

I'm also experiencing the same issue as Emudio. Extremely slow startup time and the program freezes constantly for no apparent reason, rendering it nearly unusuable. Latest Java 8, Vista/7 x64.