Technic Platform V2 and Technic Launcher V3

KakerMix

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MDyTikO.png

We're getting ever closer to :siren: TECHNIC PLATFORM V2 :siren: and :siren:TECHNIC LAUNCHER V3 :siren:, and the time has come to let some people in and start actually using it. We've still got some things to do and with your guys' help we'll get there sooner rather than later.

The new Platform is here: http://beta.technicpack.net/

The new Launcher is available from here: LauncherV3

This is a major design and (especially) feature shift from the current system.

For those of you that make packs you get access to a wealth of social features, update-in-launcher aspects and a very clear line of communication to your users. Your Platform page is now a very robust platform (heh) from which to show off your creation and engage with your users directly.

For those of you that just play, now you'll have many more ways to interact with pack creators and a voice of your own to highlight packs you like, read what other users are doing, etc.

Everyone will benefit from the new system, and we hope you guys like it as much as we've loved creating it for you. Please remember that this is not complete and things will be broken. If you find something that doesn't work like you think it should post it here, or come to #platformbeta on SynIRC and let us know. 

If you already have a Platform account (not the same as your Forums account) just use the same info to log in, remember to use your email instead of your username.

List of new features:

• Platform Features:
    • All NEW social features! :parrot:
      • Ability to follow users and modpacks
      • Ability to post statuses as a user or a modpack owner.
      • Dashboard feed of followed users/modpack posts
      • Community feed of fellow users modpacks
      • Like/Comment/Report posts
    • New search engine powered by elasticsearch
      • Makes it easier to find modpacks on the platform :woot:
      • New algorithm to calculate trending modpacks! DOWN WITH +1
      • New statistics system for calculating runs and installs
    • Improved back-end code
    • Redesigned Admin console (for us)
    • AND MUCH MORE
  • Launcher Features:
    • ALL NEW DESIGN!!!!! :parrot:
    • Modpacks
      • Abillity to search for modpacks!
      • Abillity to Install modpacks!
      • View modpack descriptions and status posts!
      • View modpack likes/runs/installs!
    • News
      • View news posts in a newly organized tab
    • Discover
      • View trending, HOT, and new modpacks
    • General Options
      • New selectable language support! (Translators wanted!)
      • Custom Java arguments

Hi,

I have just downloaded the last stable version of the launcher for Mac OS X, or the .app.zip file, and my Mac is not able to open the file. The .jar file works fine, but the .app file does not work at all. When I try to open it, it says that it cannot be opened, no explanation given.

Thanks,

HammerMan216

I've been having problems getting one of my Solder-enabled packs to link properly to the Platform beta. Of my three Solder packs, only one of them is failing to properly link (and of course it's the one I NEED to be linked properly right now...).

Despite having Solder configured and linked on my profile, and the pack in question claiming to have a successful link on the Edit Modpack page, the main modpack page still says that the modpack isn't properly configured (and needs a link to a zip or Solder configuration). I've tried unlinking and relinking Solder (both on live and beta platform). I wanted to try to generate a new API key for beta and relink, but there's no button to generate a new key at the moment. I'd rather not delete and re-create the pack on the platform to keep my users from having to reinstall.

When I try to run the pack from the launcher using the version installed by the live launcher, the launcher tries to update the pack (which is already up to date) but fails to download ("Invalid URL: "). If I delete the installed pack and try to add it in the new launcher, it fails to download the pack entirely.

Edited by DeviPotato