Technic Platform V2 and Technic Launcher V3

KakerMix

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking it so far, I have a few minor questions and concerns:

Each pack now has a little tag that says "Solder enabled" if it uses solder, does this mean that solder is going to recieve an update soon or is it just a new interface change?

Everything feels really unresponsive.  On the V2 launcher, clicking things would instantly or close to instantly.  On this launcher, there can be a 1-5 second delay clicking anything.  It makes the whole thing feel very clunky.

Edited by miniboxer

Each pack now has a little tag that says "Solder enabled" if it uses solder, does this mean that solder is going to recieve an update soon or is it just a new interface change?

Everything feel really unresponsive.  On the V2 launcher, clicking things would instantly or close to instantly.  On this launcher, there can be a 1-5 second delay clicking anything.  It makes the whole thing feel very clunky.

I've been testing the new launcher and it works fine on my system. 

Yes. Solder is under development. 

Here is a demonstration of what I mean:

'>

I have clicked the button when I move my mouse away, the delay when it changes is not due to the gif, that is what I am talking about.

The strange colored dots, however, is due to the gif.  Simple color compression.

EDIT: Apparently the colored dots didn't show when I uploaded to gfycat.  I forgot to mention that the weird green lines in the corner are the FPS overlay from shadowplay.  They don't like it when a program doesn't update at a regular interval and kind of freak out.

Has this been tested very extensively on Linux? The UI seems rather broken on my computer.

This was with the stable Ubuntu OpenJDK 7, I'll try it again once I've installed the latest Oracle Java 8 which I've been meaning to get.

Please join #platformbeta on SynIRC for bug reports/issues. We have been working on testing on Mac and Linux.

For people wanting to do translations,

(If you know how to use Git/Github) Go here and fork the repo: https://github.com/TechnicPack/LauncherV3 and submit a Pull Request with your added translation

Example PR: https://github.com/TechnicPack/LauncherV3/pull/10

(If not) Please PM me here on the forums. I will provide you with a blank translation file to translate. You will still be credited. 

Gen

I like the new launcher! It was very laggy running the "stable" version but updating to the beta seems to have fixed that, so I'm guessing you found and patched the issue there, good job :) Is there any possibility of getting your technic launcher (in my case Hexxit) server featured in the launcher? There could be some kind of way to buy a position or simply a good ol' votifier system for the most popular servers. I feel like this would be a win win for both the technic and the server community.

I am getting a JVM error whenever I try to launch Build 132 of the new Launcher.

EF9UXkv.png

I am using Java 8, Update 25.

I tried re-downloading it, downloading other builds, downloading the Windows executable (that doesn't do anything when I double-click it), and I even tried downloading it using other browsers.

I like the new launcher! It was very laggy running the "stable" version but updating to the beta seems to have fixed that, so I'm guessing you found and patched the issue there, good job :) Is there any possibility of getting your technic launcher (in my case Hexxit) server featured in the launcher? There could be some kind of way to buy a position or simply a good ol' votifier system for the most popular servers. I feel like this would be a win win for both the technic and the server community.

Buying featured spots is still under debate. However our new sorting algorithm for modpacks now show trending modpacksas well as most popular, newest, and most updated.

I am getting a JVM error whenever I try to launch Build 132 of the new Launcher.

EF9UXkv.png

I am using Java 8, Update 25.

I tried re-downloading it, downloading other builds, downloading the Windows executable (that doesn't do anything when I double-click it), and I even tried downloading it using other browsers.

Please right-click, save-as. The file should be 35MB in size. Any smaller and the file did not download properly. Also you downloaded the jar file. (.jar) which is primarily for linux. There is an .exe file.

Here is the direct link: http://jenkins.technicpack.net:8080/job/LauncherV3/lastStableBuild/artifact/target/launcher-4.0-132.exe

Everything feels really unresponsive.  On the V2 launcher, clicking things would instantly or close to instantly.  On this launcher, there can be a 1-5 second delay clicking anything.  It makes the whole thing feel very clunky.

I'm also experiencing similar delays, although I'm pretty sure it didn't occur in previous builds. Some new features such as optionals like @disconsented mentioned too at some point would be really useful as well.