[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

• In game name:Mtbikers136
  • Are you currently banned from any servers?: Nope
  • Minecraft experience to date: A couple of years on normal and the same ish for tekkit.
  • A short paragraph about yourself and why you would like to play on our server: Well firstly i like the quietness of your server and i would like to be a part of the community. Also i prefer quieter servers like yours cause they are nicer for me to play on. You seem to have very friendly players so that also invites me to play with you guys.

• Minecraft experience to date: A couple of years on normal and the same ish for tekkit.
  • A short paragraph about yourself and why you would like to play on our server: Well firstly i like the quietness of your server and i would like to be a part of the community. Also i prefer quieter servers like yours cause they are nicer for me to play on. You seem to have very friendly players so that also invites me to play with you guys.

xMrWhitera

Toronto

none

Played with some close friends on a tekkit server. I know how to program turtles, build ME factories. and I know from experience that gold conductive pipes can explode when you go afk.

I'm looking for a new tekkit server that has an active community since my old server has gone down. I'm also a casual WoW player. In game I love to make automated factories and use turtles as much as I can.

I've had a few players ask about the possibility of starting up another server alongside the current one, similar to when we ran the old version of Voltz alongside Tekkit Classic. Personally, I would love to start up a new Voltz server since it's been brought up to date, but I've also seen some interest in doing a FTB server of some kind as well as vanilla.

If you guys have any opinions, please share them, I'll be looking into starting something up over the next few days.

been having issue's finding a Sphax texture pack for tekkit main but all I seem to find just crash my MC

any chance I can get a bit of help plz

as to the 2nd server it not an issue what it is more will someone take me as a minion like Russia did on volts

<-- was hard working farmer for the motherland xD

been having issue's finding a Sphax texture pack for tekkit main but all I seem to find just crash my MC

any chance I can get a bit of help plz

i wouldn't recommend the Sphax tp as they don't have a complete one yet. you could ask taroyra for one i am sure she has found one but i would recommend just using a regular pack as it is less buggy. (dokucraft maybe it works well for me?)

I've had a few players ask about the possibility of starting up another server alongside the current one, similar to when we ran the old version of Voltz alongside Tekkit Classic. Personally, I would love to start up a new Voltz server since it's been brought up to date, but I've also seen some interest in doing a FTB server of some kind as well as vanilla.

If you guys have any opinions, please share them, I'll be looking into starting something up over the next few days.

I really don't want to start up another server the one we have has enough issues on its own with memory why make the problem worse?

I really don't want to start up another sever the one we have has enough issues on its own with memory why make the problem worse?

We've managed to fix most of the issues as far as I can tell, the RAM usage has been much more reasonable as of late. Plus, if the new version of Voltz is anything like the old one, it should use significantly fewer resources than Tekkit. Server resources are another reason that I've been hesitant to do anything with FTB.

Also, I was just getting curious about texture packs myself, and it looks like there IS a pack for Tekkit 1.1.8, although you'll need to check the sphax forums for it.

We've managed to fix most of the issues as far as I can tell, the RAM usage has been much more reasonable as of late. Plus, if the new version of Voltz is anything like the old one, it should use significantly fewer resources than Tekkit. Server resources are another reason that I've been hesitant to do anything with FTB.

Also, I was just getting curious about texture packs myself, and it looks like there IS a pack for Tekkit 1.1.8, although you'll need to check the sphax forums for it.

then maybe consider some sort of auto restart. the lag gets pretty dang ridiculous after a while and restarts always help.

then maybe consider some sort of auto restart. the lag gets pretty dang ridiculous after a while and restarts always help.

We actually have a plugin in place for it, I just need to set up a separate script for it because of MCPC. I didn't think the RAM leaks were still there, how long has it been taking for it to bog down lately?

We actually have a plugin in place for it, I just need to set up a separate script for it because of MCPC. I didn't think the RAM leaks were still there, how long has it been taking for it to bog down lately?

usually after a day or so of continuous running you start getting a bit of lag and it progresses until you cant open stuff though as soon as there is a restart it's basically gone. so maybe a restart every 12 or so hours will keep the lag away

I wonder what peoples opinions would be to using our own pack. Knowing what we do about the issues involved we can eliminate the extraneous and problem causing mods (Dim doors, multiple forms of chunk-loading ect) while adding the ones we know will work (AE, Thermal Expansion, Build craft, Myst craft ect) and the various small mods that will help avoid future issues (Extra Utilitys ect).

The downsides would be that we'll have to distribute it ourselves and I'm not sure where/if we could have listings for the server to become public. The upsides would be we'd have only the mods that people use, and are stable, rather then a hodgepodge of various mods, most of which do a lot of the same things (Does anyone actually use logistics pipes?)

Its an idea.

For the moment I'm a tad busy with work and life, so I have no direct opinion. I'll play on whatever anything except vanilla.

Oh and:

usually after a day or so of continuous running you start getting a bit of lag and it progresses until you cant open stuff though as soon as there is a restart it's basically gone. so maybe a restart every 12 or so hours will keep the lag away

The average Time I was seeing before the nether stations were recently modified was around 26-29 hours of run time before the lag got very bad*. I'd suggest around 16-18 hours run time before the plugin restarts, 12 hours is a tad frequent.

*The definition of very bad lag for me is when at least 4 blocks break, reappear, break half way again and I get ghost blocks making it impossible to move without logging out and back in. Or to better explain it, a lag time of upwards of 5 seconds between right clicking an interface and it actually opening.

*The definition of very bad lag for me is when at least 4 blocks break, reappear, break half way again and I get ghost blocks making it impossible to move without logging out and back in. Or to better explain it, a lag time of upwards of 5 seconds between right clicking an interface and it actually opening.

and thats exactly what starts to happen but that was after about 2 days for the ghost blocks only about a day and a half for the chests

I wonder what peoples opinions would be to using our own pack. Knowing what we do about the issues involved we can eliminate the extraneous and problem causing mods (Dim doors, multiple forms of chunk-loading ect) while adding the ones we know will work (AE, Thermal Expansion, Build craft, Myst craft ect) and the various small mods that will help avoid future issues (Extra Utilitys ect).

The downsides would be that we'll have to distribute it ourselves and I'm not sure where/if we could have listings for the server to become public. The upsides would be we'd have only the mods that people use, and are stable, rather then a hodgepodge of various mods, most of which do a lot of the same things (Does anyone actually use logistics pipes?)

Its an idea.

For the moment I'm a tad busy with work and life, so I have no direct opinion. I'll play on whatever anything except vanilla.

I've actually been thinking more about that myself lately, I'm starting to miss some of the old mods like RailCraft. Theoretically, we could always stick with Tekkit as the main pack and then offer a separate server with a custom pack for people who have already joined. Alternatively I could start a new thread in the custom section for a custom pack and just keep them separate.

Just to clear things up though, we definitely won't be getting rid of the Tekkit server anytime soon.

• In game name = harvey2805
  • Age = 29
  • Location = UK
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? = No
  • Minecraft experience to date = Been playing since Minecraft was released with a few breaks in between. Been playing Tekkit since 1.0.6 was released. Played about with IC2 and other before that. I'm not an expert by any means but I won't be spamming questions either. I know where the wiki is.
  • A short paragraph about yourself and why you would like to play on our server = I'm a avid gamer, always have been and always will be. I'm married, have a dog called Lexi and play in the evenings, weekends and any other spare time I get. I also have my own server running Tekkit 1.1.8 but I'm getting kinda lonely on my own (my m8 only plays once in a while and doesn't talk much while he's on either).

Thanks and I hope you consider me to be whitelisted. :-)

Also on our own pack, i think we would be better served turning off items and addons that are causing server trouble, and restrict chunk loading and quarry size. Maybe we could chose between dim doors or mystcarft because they are both high resource mods.

I realized that my quarry spills items when i log off because i don't have a chunk loader on the receiving end of the tesseract, but it only drops a few items since the power is also unloaded. This might be something other people are doing inadvertently. Should also turn off / pick up a chunkloader if your going to be gone for a long time that way we can save that ram.

Chicken chunks has an option to configure maximums for players and turn off automatically when players log off.

Also on our own pack, i think we would be better served turning off items and addons that are causing server trouble, and restrict chunk loading and quarry size. Maybe we could chose between dim doors or mystcarft because they are both high resource mods.

I realized that my quarry spills items when i log off because i don't have a chunk loader on the receiving end of the tesseract, but it only drops a few items since the power is also unloaded. This might be something other people are doing inadvertently. Should also turn off / pick up a chunkloader if your going to be gone for a long time that way we can save that ram.

Chicken chunks has an option to configure maximums for players and turn off automatically when players log off.

All excellent suggestions. We are currently doing most of those atm though. Mystcraft age generation is limited to Op's. Chunkloading is already limited to 72-ish chunks per person and as far as i know Quarries unload their own chunks when not receiving power.

Another thing to keep in mind is: we have to know what specific block/mod is causing the issue to disable their crafting recipe. Big Dig for example we had issues with Mekinisim and Natura, with Mekinisim the issue was the power generation block, so en entire subset of power creation would have had to be removed. As for Nature, we still don't know exactly what was causing that.

On the subject of Dim Doors, I really don't see the need for them. I enjoy a good dungeon as much as the next guy but aside from random loot there are no up sides or real uses for the pocket dimensions aside from quick travel to the moon/end/other dimensions and honestly, that should be tough, the end is the end game of vanilla and the moon is, well the freaking moon. *end rant*

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons