[1.1.8]Resilience Freebuild Server[24/7][Graylist][PvE][Survival][20 slots][Mumble]

ks7

i believe it is a nVidia but to the card itself is a GTX 660 ti i am getting 2 of them. i know it is probally overkill but who cares. whats better than overkill =P

I assume you are getting EVGA Boards, and based on this assumption you may have to tweak your cooling set up. I have a 660ti and the cards are so thick that when plugged in they will be literally on top of each other with maybe half a centimeter space between them. This makes cooling a nightmare for sli'ed cards. Don't get me wrong 2 is better than one :P just be aware, you may have to get creative with cooling. :)

I assume you are getting EVGA Boards, and based on this assumption you may have to tweak your cooling set up. I have a 660ti and the cards are so thick that when plugged in they will be literally on top of each other with maybe half a centimeter space between them. This makes cooling a nightmare for sli'ed cards. Don't get me wrong 2 is better than one :P just be aware, you may have to get creative with cooling. :)

no problemo we have a fancy water cooling system

how does it run and am i really going for overkill with the cards?

personally, im a fan of ati, i like how they moved to super scalar shaders before nvidia did, and then when nvidia did (with the 7000 series) it was aweful. nvidia reverted to scalar with the 8k series all the way through the 500 series. now scalar is alright, however for gaming it tends to be less energy efficient than super scalar in my experience, and from what iv researched. now for gp-gpu functions, scalar architecture is generally better :P. I do however like nvidia's products as they work very well. now nvidia is using super scalar again with the gtx 600 series, and they did it very well indeed!

im not really a fan boy i just like competition because it promotes lower prices. however ati have been in a bit of a bind it seems lately, as their whql drivers are 2 months behind. yeh they have beta drivers for march but they are not whql. also when overclocking my overlord monitor (overclocking the refresh rate, mine is at 110hz atm) my gtx 680s i had seemed to do it better and have better signal strength. this is probably due to their ability to hold higher pixel clock rates than my hd6970. I had 2 gtx 680 classifieds from evga and loved them :) and yes i still played minecraft, c&c95, total annihilation, and other old games haha so overkill aint a bad thing :3

lol

personally, im a fan of ati, i like how they moved to super scalar shaders before nvidia did, and then when nvidia did (with the 7000 series) it was aweful. nvidia reverted to scalar with the 8k series all the way through the 500 series. now scalar is alright, however for gaming it tends to be less energy efficient than super scalar in my experience, and from what iv researched. now for gp-gpu functions, scalar architecture is generally better :P. I do however like nvidia's products as they work very well. now nvidia is using super scalar again with the gtx 600 series, and they did it very well indeed!

im not really a fan boy i just like competition because it promotes lower prices. however ati have been in a bit of a bind it seems lately, as their whql drivers are 2 months behind. yeh they have beta drivers for march but they are not whql. also when overclocking my overlord monitor (overclocking the refresh rate, mine is at 110hz atm) my gtx 680s i had seemed to do it better and have better signal strength. this is probably due to their ability to hold higher pixel clock rates than my hd6970. I had 2 gtx 680 classifieds from evga and loved them :) and yes i still played minecraft, c&c95, total annihilation, and other old games haha so overkill aint a bad thing :3

lol thats a good amount of overkill at least they are not the new 690s but damn that is an impressive computer you have there

I wouldn't say I'm a fan boy of nVidia.. I Just use what I have good experience with. Since every nVidia card I've ever had still works (Going back to the 5500 MX AGP card) and every Radeon card I've gotten (enticed by low prices for sales and such) has either died within a month or crapped out with newer driver versions. I stick with and recommend nVidia.. Also while I was working as a PC repair tech 98% of the bad cards I saw were AMD.. Only a few were ever nVidia and those were usually fried cause their owners OC'd them way beyond what they should ever be.

lol

lol thats a good amount of overkill at least they are not the new 690s but damn that is an impressive computer you have there

lol clonco, 2 680's will stomp a 690 anyday (especially the ones i had). a 690 is nothing more than 2 680 chips (gk104 chips) stuck on one pcb. and unfortunately they havnt made a card that dedicates 4gb of ram to each chip on a 690. both of my 680's had 4gb of ram, and the clocks are way higher than a 690. i hit 1258 boost clock without trying, stock volts. 7200mhz effective gddr5, no change in voltage. now if i actually used the evbot connectors that both of mine had (they stopped putting it on after nvidia had a power trip) i could manually adjust voltages and overclock like mad. i also had them water blocked XD. but i sold 1 :( needed to since i lost my job. but i have a 2560x1440p monitor running at 110hz so i needed them :P.

now i wish i would have waited for gk110, as that was my initial plan, but rumors started that they were not going to release a gtx part for it, just the k20 teslas :( then zomg they finally released gk110 as gtx Titan :P oh well.

and yeh tehtub, ive seen some ati cards go bad, but none that i have owned. they are usually less quality than nvidia, which is sad. but saying that my ati 9800 pro (a bad ati 9800xt that couldnt hold xt clocks, even though i flashed the bios on it to an xt anyway haha :P) lasted for 7 years of gaming, and is actually capable of still running just fine, if i had a board with an agp slot :P my hd4870 is still running fine in my moms machine my little brother uses, along with a gen 1 phenom. and of course im still using my hd6970. and as far as drivers, i think ive ran into 1 problem with drivers... and thats on my laptop that has a hd6970m, but thats it.... i really dont know why other people have trouble with drivers. i think they just forget to uninstall and erase the old ones from the registery. another thing to note, is i maintain my computers frequently, cleaning out heatsinks and ensuring proper operation. this prevents my hardware from overheating and decreasing the life of the part. I know a friend of mine who had an x1600xt and fried it because the fan stopped due to too much junk in the motor part of the fan.

anyway this is a tekkit forum not a hardware/computer forum :P but i recommend the 6xx series of nvidia cards, they are great performers for the money. anyone looking into 660 ti sli, should sit back and consider a 4gb 670. 4gb gives you the option to upgrade in the future to a higher resolution than 1080p (like me) without dropping performance as much as a 2gb frame buffer will. also, the 670 has a better memory bitwidth than a 660ti, this will improve your gaming experience over a 660 by alot. and if you really need it, you can sli the 670's later on. that is why i now consider a 4gb 670 the best budget build card. just make sure you get one with a stock clock of 1006mhz or above, that have a 680 pcb. those are the best usually.

lol clonco, 2 680's will stomp a 690 anyday (especially the ones i had). a 690 is nothing more than 2 680 chips (gk104 chips) stuck on one pcb. and unfortunately they havnt made a card that dedicates 4gb of ram to each chip on a 690. both of my 680's had 4gb of ram, and the clocks are way higher than a 690. i hit 1258 boost clock without trying, stock volts. 7200mhz effective gddr5, no change in voltage. now if i actually used the evbot connectors that both of mine had (they stopped putting it on after nvidia had a power trip) i could manually adjust voltages and overclock like mad. i also had them water blocked XD. but i sold 1 :( needed to since i lost my job. but i have a 2560x1440p monitor running at 110hz so i needed them :P.

now i wish i would have waited for gk110, as that was my initial plan, but rumors started that they were not going to release a gtx part for it, just the k20 teslas :( then zomg they finally released gk110 as gtx Titan :P oh well.

and yeh tehtub, ive seen some ati cards go bad, but none that i have owned. they are usually less quality than nvidia, which is sad. but saying that my ati 9800 pro (a bad ati 9800xt that couldnt hold xt clocks, even though i flashed the bios on it to an xt anyway haha :P) lasted for 7 years of gaming, and is actually capable of still running just fine, if i had a board with an agp slot :P my hd4870 is still running fine in my moms machine my little brother uses, along with a gen 1 phenom. and of course im still using my hd6970. and as far as drivers, i think ive ran into 1 problem with drivers... and thats on my laptop that has a hd6970m, but thats it.... i really dont know why other people have trouble with drivers. i think they just forget to uninstall and erase the old ones from the registery. another thing to note, is i maintain my computers frequently, cleaning out heatsinks and ensuring proper operation. this prevents my hardware from overheating and decreasing the life of the part. I know a friend of mine who had an x1600xt and fried it because the fan stopped due to too much junk in the motor part of the fan.

anyway this is a tekkit forum not a hardware/computer forum :P but i recommend the 6xx series of nvidia cards, they are great performers for the money. anyone looking into 660 ti sli, should sit back and consider a 4gb 670. 4gb gives you the option to upgrade in the future to a higher resolution than 1080p (like me) without dropping performance as much as a 2gb frame buffer will. also, the 670 has a better memory bitwidth than a 660ti, this will improve your gaming experience over a 660 by alot. and if you really need it, you can sli the 670's later on. that is why i now consider a 4gb 670 the best budget build card. just make sure you get one with a stock clock of 1006mhz or above, that have a 680 pcb. those are the best usually.

the problem is money we cant afford to get 2 670s. it doesnt matter because of the 660 sti we are doing. if could get the 670 we would be doing an sti with them.

Yeah =/...

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the map again.. We had trouble like this back when people were using a ton of world anchors..

Honestly, Its been over 5 months with out a reset.. That's 5 months of builds and machines and abandoned projects and neglected area.. Maybe its time we really start considering making a new map...

That's just my thinking..

Yeah =/...

I'm wondering if there's a problem with the map again.. We had trouble like this back when people were using a ton of world anchors..

Honestly, Its been over 5 months with out a reset.. That's 5 months of builds and machines and abandoned projects and neglected area.. Maybe its time we really start considering making a new map...

That's just my thinking..

damn i was so close to finishing what i was doing :(

• In game name - CodeShort
  • Age - 16
  • Location -
  • Chicago, US
  • Are you currently banned from any servers? -
  • Not on any Tekkit servers this moment.
  • Minecraft experience to date -
  • I've been playing Minecraft for around one year now, and have introduced myself to Tekkit Lite. I have not yet experienced Tekkit Classic, but I am having more interests in it now. It's told to be an old 1.2.5 Minecraft version of Tekkit Lite, and I would like to join it myself on a whitelisted server where I know getting in is difficult. I like it where its not open always to the Public, but a sort of private space to play on.
  • A short paragraph on why you would like to play on our server -
  • I would very much admire playing on the server as I see how you handle troublemakers and consequences which I can respect. I admire the guidelines and see it is as they say ' The Real Deal'. I preferably like this one as your very handy Dynmaps and Mumble channel. I don't have to constantly type out for any help, instead I could use Mumble to clarify and talk with the staff such as 'Mano a Mano'. I am not one of those children who run around everywhere dig dirt holes, place dirt, and just run off. Lucky for me, I have OCD, which if you don't know as I prefer is Overly Cleaning Disorder. It means I like a lot of items and environment organized to the best it can be. I love this trait of mine and see it very helpful in applications like these. This is all I have to say for my knowledge on my wanting of the server and hopefully I am accepted to be welcomed in the community. :-)

So since it needs to be spelled out again, new players should NOT be begging for items or accepting expensive items from other players, and experienced players should NOT be handing collectors and other expensive stuff out to new players. If this continues, I'll be forced to restrict EE items to experienced players.

This is the LAST warning. In the future, bans will be going out without question.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons