Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

/rage rant

ahhh i god damn hate this….

so I've recently moved and i set up my computer and it only boots up to the bios screen, so i had to go and make sure my hard drive was still connected or if it got dis lodged during moving or something, this involves moving all the mono stuff out of the way. i do this find out my hard drive is still attached so i put everything back together and nothing only a blink of my LEDs. so now my PSU is shot (i think it got surged, this is an old building) so now i need to get new PSU before i can use my computer….IF ITS NOT ONE THING ITS A FUCKING ANOTHER THING!!!!

how hard is it for life to just let me shoot some aliens? (Xcom: EW: long war) i mean really…

/rage rant

so i'm typing this from my mother's….Mac… *shivers*, i should have my wifi sometime this week though…i've also discovered that it is very possible to play to much zelda…waaaaaaay to much zelda. 

Don't play Xcom, it bloody good fun but then you will encounter squids who will make their turn infinite, breaking the game. I've reached the end twice, but never completed it as the last bosses do the same thing! Oh, and if you find a patch or mod for this, please tell me, I'd love to finish the damn game once.

On another note, surge protectors are your friends! Here's hoping you'll be able to revive your tower before long.

(And no, I don't know what's up with the quote, they've been funky for me as of late)

I apologize for playing Xcom. Wait what?

Actually, I've been wanting to play Valkaria Chronocles, but my toaster runs it at like 15 fps making an already slow-paced game pretty painful to play.

I might be fine with 15FPS otherwise. Maybe.

*thinks back to weekend spent playing Planetside 2 on lowest possible settings getting like 7 fps but still playing the heck out of it anyways because I'm a special kind of insane* 

Ahh, good times, good times. The only way I got any kills was with the bazooka. So much fun. I remember when one of my bazooka shots went way too high at a wild angle due to a lag-spike and obliterated a enemy infiltrator in the middle of an otherwise empty open area. Laughed for a good 4 minutes straight, then quit when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to top that. 

EDIT: THA SPAMMERS AVE BREECHED THE RESERVE WALL! TAKE COVER!  :jihad:

Edited by TheBytemaster
Edited for additional pylons

Some day, when I get a better computer, I hope to play Planetside again. It was pretty fun, but my computer couldn't handle large scale battles or moving at high speed (so bye bye aircraft...)

I apologize for playing Xcom. Wait what?

​Wait, you didn't get the game-breaking infinite turn pathing error thing? HOW?

Also, would any of you be up for some sweet alien on human multiplayer action sometime? I think you can do human on human too if you're into that sort of thing.

​Wait, you didn't get the game-breaking infinite turn pathing error thing? HOW?

Also, would any of you be up for some sweet alien on human multiplayer action sometime? I think you can do human on human too if you're into that sort of thing.

​No, never played xcom, I was just making a joke because you quoted me for some reason.

​No, never played xcom, I was just making a joke because you quoted me for some reason.

​I don't know how it happens, but if I try to quote someone it will sometimes create a quoteception with some unrelated earlier post. I could delete the past ones, but not this one for some reason.  I don't know how the new quotes work :<

​I don't know how it happens, but if I try to quote someone it will sometimes create a quoteception with some unrelated earlier post. I could delete the past ones, but not this one for some reason.  I don't know how the new quotes work :<

​Me either. About half the time I try to quote someone, it brings up a draft of some random previous post where I quoted someone and then inserts the quote into that.

Anyone know if we're still going to be moving to Xenforo? Or is that not the plan anymore?

17 times. I do believe that's a new record for accidental double posts.

Still an order of magnitude behind the intentional multi-post record (currently held by one of those black magic rapist scammers).

Yay for that little question block on the signup page. Before they added that I was spending hours a day clearing out spammers (not helped by the slow load times and constant forum crashes).

Don't play Xcom, it bloody good fun but then you will encounter squids who will make their turn infinite, breaking the game. I've reached the end twice, but never completed it as the last bosses do the same thing! Oh, and if you find a patch or mod for this, please tell me, I'd love to finish the damn game once.

On another note, surge protectors are your friends! Here's hoping you'll be able to revive your tower before long.

(And no, I don't know what's up with the quote, they've been funky for me as of late)

you could  try the long war mod, they fix a bunch of things with the mod as well as completely (yes i do mean completely) overhall the entire game play experience. 

you get psyonics (spelling)?  much much sooner (you can acually get it before lazer tech. equipment (guns, SCOPES, armour, etc) take damage and need to be repaired once in a while (anywere from 4 hours to 4 days), new classes, and MUCH more. here is the linky for the page

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4373746824

that's my new WIFI :D 

I would very much like to switch back to XenForo.  It was way easier to use.  I don't think it's happening any more though, since the Admins obviously managed to get Invision working again.

​It's working but not properly. Batch jobs like spam cleaning are still clogging things.

They want to move away from invision, but while there was a migration tool to move from the previous forums to invision, there isn't one to move away from it. Invision was a trap and the rope out hasn't been written yet.

Bought myself a half-decent, (and nicely priced), PC case. I'm thinking I'll slowly fill it up with parts that don't go obsolete quickly first, (so RAM, and a PSU, mainly.), when I see good deals, and then go for all of the parts that age all within a month of each other or so. I think I'll wait on those for a while though, I want to see what DX12, Skylake, and HBM do to the market first.

Thoughts?

Bought myself a half-decent, (and nicely priced), PC case. I'm thinking I'll slowly fill it up with parts that don't go obsolete quickly first, (so RAM, and a PSU, mainly.), when I see good deals, and then go for all of the parts that age all within a month of each other or so. I think I'll wait on those for a while though, I want to see what DX12, Skylake, and HBM do to the market first.

Thoughts?

​skylake? HBM? what are those? 

Thoughts?

​I'm not too sure about DX12, it probably won't be as big as we think.

​skylake? HBM? what are those? 

​Skylake is Intel's new generation of CPUs. Supposed to be some non-trivial performance gains this time around. Even if I don't end up getting one, it'll make the previous generation cheaper, which is always nice.

HBM is this fancy new memory AMD's rolling out soon that is super tiny, supposedly takes considerably less power, and has a prodigiously wide bus size (1024-bit, IIRC), for great I/O. I'm fairly interested in seeing what they do with this, and even if it doesn't 100% live up to all the hype, it still sounds like it'll give AMD a much-needed way to compete better with Nvidia. (Personally, I'm hoping they stick it in integrated GPUs and start absolutely murdering Intel in integrated laptop graphics.)

​I'm not too sure about DX12, it probably won't be as big as we think.

​I'm somewhat optimistic given that Microsoft's other projects have been looking pretty good. I rather like the jenky stuff they're trying to do like running integrated laptop graphics and a discrete card in tandem. This + windows 10 could bring some nice changes. I guess we'll just have to sit back and see what happens.

Anyways, this new Kitty Jail thread is missing something...

Ah, there it is.

Also, when did hard drives get so freaking cheap?

You do remember there was flooding a couple year ago that wiped out like 1/3rd the platter production capacity for like a year, right?

Drive prices rose to meet scarcity, capacity returned then overshot, now there's probably a glut driving prices down.

​Ahh, true. I had forgotten about that. Hopefully they don't go back up, I'm loving this.

​Me either. About half the time I try to quote someone, it brings up a draft of some random previous post where I quoted someone and then inserts the quote into that.

Anyone know if we're still going to be moving to Xenforo? Or is that not the plan anymore?

​Me either. About half the time I try to quote sone, it brings up a draft of some random previous post where I quoted someone and then inserts the quote into that.

Anyone know if we're still going to be moving to Xenforo? Or is that not the plan anymore?​

Yes, and I totally need 10TB worth of harddrive space on my new computer, so I better buy when it's available :P. Seriously though, buy enough harddrives and back up ALL THE THINGS twice or thrice!

EDIT: 4 quotes, none of which are the correct one? What is going on?

Edited by Kocken926
WAT

kitty jail is kill

no.

(I'm not actually back, bitches. Just messing with you all for my own inane pleasure)

​Let's see if I'm getting that odd issue Kocken is having as well.

Yay, quotes test!

EDIT: Nope. Works just fine for me.

Edited by Melfice