Aci H

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

But what in the heck happend to IC2?! Why did that happen? If you have any information on it please reply. Also, Feed the beast has IC2 experimental and it's running fine

Alblaka, the main dev on IC2, left.

GregoriousT took the reins, but he had his focus on Gregtech, his own mod project, rather than trying to resuscitate IC2.

Why the heck did Alblaka leave?

He didn't feel like playing mine craft any more. Technically he didn't need to stay, but his dev team hasn't done a good job.

Also, why did you guys take out forestry from tekkit?

The developer didn't like technic, so he added some code that corrupted worlds if forestry detected that it was part of Technic or Tekkit. Sengir has since taken the code out and apologized, but I guess somebody at technic holds a grudge.

Correction: Here at dwwojcik3rdperson Inc. We regret our incorrect choice of words and regret any undue mental duress or confusion we may have caused.

Edited by dwwojcik

Why the heck did Alblaka leave?

Might have been personal stuff. Might have been job type stuff. Might have just been bored with the whole thing. Might have been some other thing. The real question is, does it matter why he left?

The answer is no. At this point, it doesn't matter why he left, only that he did. And that there are mods that do the same things as good as, if not better than, how Industrial Craft did them. Or does them. Depending on if you include experimental builds.

The point is, time marches on, technology advances, and we've reached the point where your options are to stay stuck in the past or advance with the future.

• Moderators

The developer didn't like technic, so he added some code that corrupted worlds if forestry detected that it was part of Technic or Tekkit. Sengir has since taken the code out and apologized, but I guess somebody at technic holds a grudge.

False.

This has been discussed to death in the past, so use the search button instead. I'd rather not drag the past back here again.

By "holding a grudge" you mean if adults are concerned if a kid is gonna swing a hammer at other kids to get the adults' attention, then yes.

My friend had an idea about technic, he said that you guys should re add technic but only for 1.2.5 because as you said, to try and recreate it in 1.3+ would be a disaster. I don't know if it would work though but I hope it would. Anyway, what are you guys planing for Voltz?

I did download the pack but it didn't come with the launcher. As for voltz, thanks for telling me. If the mods came back to being what they used to be, like if Alblaka started updating IC2 again and adding to it, If repower started getting updated again and EE2 was getting updated, what do you think would happen?

• Moderators

what do you think would happen?

Most likely nothing. Everything that IC2 ever was has been replaced by ThermalExpansion.

EE2 is updated, it's called EE3.

Redpower has also been replaced, by two mods: ProjectRed and Redstone In Motion.

Edited by Munaus

If these changes hadn't happend to the mods like if EE2 hadn't been discontinued and had continued to be updated, If redpower was still getting updated instead of getting stuck in 1.4.7 , if Alblaka had continued to work on IC2, would tekkit lite have appeared and you guys would have still gone on this path, or would you guys have still continued work on the original Tekkit (Tekkit classic) and updated it and kept technic pack?

Technic was archived because as of 1.4 there was no need for an SSP pack

Tekkit Classic was archived because one of the Bukkit Forge Combi's ceasing development

Tekkit Lite was archived because of those 3 mods ceasing development

If these events did not occur then chances are they would still be around today