Aci H

So the technic Launcher has changed alot since it first started and since 2013, but that is where I think that there are problems, my suggestions are that: you should re add the Technic pack or aka Technic ssp. That was the mod pack that made the technic launcher what it is today. It was the first modpack in the launcher and the first widely used mod pack in Minecraft. I think that what should happen is that, there should be a technic pack in 1.2.5 (the one that was removed) called Technic classic and one that is being updated. I know that some of the mods are no longer being update so use projectred for redpower, equivalent exchange 3 for equivalent exchange 2 until ee2 gets update if it gets updated, and thaumcraft 4 for thaumcraft 2 and readd forestry to it. For tekkit, update tekkit lite and you might say that "tekkit" is the update but many people feel that it isn't really tekkit cause, where is ic2, and alot of the other mods that made tekkit, tekkit? Keep the "tekkit" but rename it something like "tekkit space" or something cause people feel that that isnt really tekkit. Re add forestry to tekkit classic and make an updated version of tekkit classic, keep the 1.2.5 one but make an update version. For the mods that haven't ben updated? Ee3 for ee2, project red for redpower. I would suggest readding voxel as well. I would also suggest making an option where you can make the launcher look like the old launcher and have the old art. Many people are starting to abandon the technic launcher for feed the beast or ATlauncher because of those changes. That includes alot of my friend including the most die hard fans that I know. I think that it's a shame that Technic launcher lost it's meaning. It was probably called the Technic launcher because it launched technic and trust me, making a new flashier launcher isnt going to help. So I hope that you follow my advice because most people feel this way. I wish the techinc team good luck!

Edited by Aci H

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, I have die hard tekkit fans as friends, they ditched technic launcher, only one of them still uses the technic launcher. I don't know the technic launchers average launcher rate per day from now and 1.5 years ago, but I'm guessing that those stats are MUCH lower so yeah, I'm serious.

• Moderators

Yeah, we are so dead and falling on users dumping us for favouring the FTB.

I'm glad you're serious on this serious matter, we could use more people like you aboard!

Edit. I feared you were not serious enough, some people just scoff " yea we're totally serious!" but when you call them they never answer the phone to work.

Hope Technic sees this! Finally a serious guy we can all rally to! Raise the banner of the old Technic, old technic-ians!

Edited by Munaus

• Moderators

Are you serious, or sarcastic? I have a hard time telling when people are doing that.

I was just afraid you weren't serious enough. So many people ask Technic to change, but they all just cower and disappear in the face of meany Caker and his meanier accomplice Cheapchot!

Well hopefully no more! We finally have a champion here people! I have a super-great feeling this guy has a spine we can lean on! Rally onwards brothers! For Old Technic!

Well I don't think kakermix is really to blame for this mess and I think that the other people are are to blame. Kakermix was the guy that made technic so No Kakermix-No technic. Kaker started technic anyway, we have to get him to see this or technic is screwed!

Well I don't think kakermix is really to blame for this mess and I think that the other people are are to blame. Kakermix was the guy that made technic so No Kakermix-No technic. Kaker started technic anyway, we have to get him to see this or technic is screwed!

AHH! End of the world! The sky is falling! Run around in circles!!!

Beyond your incredibly limited data set, what evidence do you have of platform being in a quick death spiral?

I'm not treating it that badly but, I asked all the people at my school that used to play tekkit, they ditched it, all for the same reason. Check the daily average launches of the technic launcher from now and then check that stat from like a year and a half ago. I'm not sure but you might see a big difference. Either way, there are LOTS of people that miss the way things in technic launcher used to be.

Edited by Aci H

I'm not treating it like a disaster, but I asked all the people at my school that used to play tekkit and they all ditched it for the same reason. Check the daily average launches of technic from now and from a year and a half ago or maybe a bit less. I'm not sure but you might find a big difference. Eithere way LOTS of people feel the same way about the changes, they miss the way it used to be.

The Technic Launcher is by no means dead or dying, anywhere except among your circle of friends. Have you even seen the Platform? There are almost forty thousand public modpacks on the Platform, plus who knows how many private packs. Attack of the B-Team drove FOUR TIMES the traffic that Technic staff planned for.

As for your complaints about Tekkit's mod list, Technic dropped IC2 because after 1.4 Alblaka vanished, leaving the future of the mod in jeopardy. As it turned out, the Technic team were more or less right. IC2 experimental currently says it's "unstable, may break worlds" (read: not suitable for modpacks) at the top of its download page, and IC2-legacy has seen a total of two commits since July 2013 and at latest runs on Minecraft 1.6.2. You also suggest substituting EE3 for EE2 and Project Red for Redpower, which Tekkit currently does.

Tekkit won't have Forestry because the author of Forestry attacked Technic users' worlds, and it won't have Thaumcraft because it's both a very intrusive mod if you don't want to play it (see: taint) and Tekkit is a tech pack, not a magic pack. If those mods are what you're looking for, Feed the Beast's packs might be more up your alley. The Technic team can't cater to everyone's modpack desires, though, so that's what Platform is for.

Voxel got their own launcher solution, so use it if you really want their pack. Technic SSP was useful when there were mods that couldn't run on multiplayer, but that ended with 1.4, so the team retired it. (If you really want, there are four or so on the Platform. That little search box really helps.)

Where do people even get these ideas?
Is this still the bad publicity of past years, combined with the fact Technic isn't negatively mentioned anymore?

"Huh. We haven't heard about those arseholes from Technic stealing mods, kicking mod authors and stealing their lunch money and eating babies, so obviously they're dead or dying."

Is that it?

Alright where do I begin.

So the technic Launcher has changed alot since it first started and since 2013, but that is where I think that there are problems, my suggestions are that: you should re add the Technic pack or aka Technic ssp. That was the mod pack that made the technic launcher what it is today. It was the first modpack in the launcher and the first widely used mod pack in Minecraft. I think that what should happen is that, there should be a technic pack in 1.2.5 (the one that was removed) called Technic classic and one that is being updated. I know that some of the mods are no longer being update so use projectred for redpower, equivalent exchange 3 for equivalent exchange 2 until ee2 gets update if it gets updated, and thaumcraft 4 for thaumcraft 2 and readd forestry to it. 

This is probably not going to happen. The Technic modpack was a great pack but to try and recreate it would be a disaster. The modding community is completely different now than it was back then. We would not be able to live up to the incredulous expectations you have.

For tekkit, update tekkit lite and you might say that "tekkit" is the update but many people feel that it isn't really tekkit cause, where is ic2, and alot of the other mods that made tekkit, tekkit? Keep the "tekkit" but rename it something like "tekkit space" or something cause people feel that that isnt really tekkit. Re add forestry to tekkit classic and make an updated version of tekkit classic, keep the 1.2.5 one but make an update version. For the mods that haven't ben updated? Ee3 for ee2, project red for redpower. I would suggest readding voxel as well. 

That is you opinion, IC2 is currently a broken mod with no direction. We re-created Tekkit and provided you guys with Tekkit Lite since it was so popular. If you dont like the new one, go play the old one. 

I would also suggest making an option where you can make the launcher look like the old launcher and have the old art. 

This would not be possible due to significant coding changes to the launcher that would prolong development. 

Many people are starting to abandon the technic launcher for feed the beast or ATlauncher because of those changes. That includes alot of my friend including the most die hard fans that I know. 

I hardly believe this statement because it is simply not true. The traffic we have received from out last modpack launch (Attack of the B-Team) and the steady installs/run statistics show that Technic is growing in a healthy upward trend. 

I think that it's a shame that Technic launcher lost it's meaning. It was probably called the Technic launcher because it launched technic and trust me, making a new flashier launcher isnt going to help. So I hope that you follow my advice because most people feel this way. I wish the techinc team good luck!

The Technic Launcher has not lost its meaning. It has grown past what you have come to see it as. Technic was a launcher for a modpack. Technic is now a leader in providing users with Technic-created and User-created modpacks. The Platform is proof of that. We are not just making a flashier launcher. We are developing a reliable SaaP (Service as a Platform) that gives the users more control in developing there own experience, not just how we define it. With the type of feedback we have received so far, it seems the general opinion is excitement and eagerness. I hope you will come to like and support what Technic has become and what it will be. 

Cheers

Thanks for clarifying me on these things. Really now I understand why technic launcher has changed so much. but in the future, will technic launcher still have tekkit classic, tekkit lite, and voltz? I see that it is the mod authors faults for these changes to technic launcher. I understand now. Thanks. I will like and support it. Hopefully the mod authors can bring our favorite mods back so the nostalgics like me and others and yet enjoy what is to come from technic launcher. Thanks for helping me understand. But I still have one question: why is IC2 experimental seen as unstable and not suited for modpacks?

Thanks for clarifying me on these things. Really now I understand why technic launcher has changed so much. but in the future, will technic launcher still have tekkit classic, tekkit lite, and voltz? I see that it is the mod authors faults for these changes to technic launcher. I understand now. Thanks. I will like and support it. Hopefully the mod authors can bring our favorite mods back so the nostalgics like me and others and yet enjoy what is to come from technic launcher. Thanks for helping me understand. 

We currently have no plans to remove any official Technic modpacks from the new launcher.

But I still have one question: why is IC2 experimental seen as unstable and not suited for modpacks?

It still has a lot of bugs/problems last I've heard. There hasn't been a lot of news from the developers either. (I'm open to be corrected) Mekanism v6, Thermal Expansion, and MFR have currently replaced IC2 as the go-to Tech mods.

But I still have one question: why is IC2 experimental seen as unstable and not suited for modpacks?

At the top of the IC2 Experimental build server, it says:

IC2 experimental is unstable, may break worlds and its API may change frequently. Create backups of your world when using it.

Right at the top of this page. Tekkit Classic and Lite made liberal use of IC2 addons (advanced machines, nuclear control, power converters, MFFS, maybe more) but with no stable API it isn't possible to create addons for IC2 Experimental. The mod's mechanics are unstable from build to build, and poorly documented. For example, a few builds back, a change to the power system went live that would have made most existing power grids explode. Imagine all the rage on these forums if that change went live in Tekkit without warning!