Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

The humble bundle is a humble game making bundle, and I kinda sorta got it. Cripes this thing is full of pixel art packs/programs.

Kinda weird though. All I can think about with all this sprite art is "make a webcomic".

I have no idea. I would assume it's a returned item.

Not actually installed, but opened box and then returned because: "Hey, doesn't fit! I'm an idiot for not measuring, but I'll blame you because it's easier for my fragile ego that way!"

That's pretty impressive.  I've only seen up to 4 colors per pen before.

Moar train stuff:  I got a new locomotive off of ebay.

RzGf95R.jpg

And here's a picture of all my locomotives side by side.  http://imgur.com/sFSM2VX

My new GPU came in as well.  I ended up getting a MSI 390.

I'm thinking of rebuilding my computer, since the PSU broke and the motherboard is 9 years old. I've mostly settled on these parts so far, and am considering either AMD or Intel CPU/MoBo/coolers. Any advice?

My view is this. AMD may not be the top dog when it comes to bleeding edge speed, but they blow Intel out of the water when it comes to cost per processing power. And if you can build two whole machines with top end AMD chips for the cost of one Intel chip, then the choice is pretty damn simple.

Brandname markups annoy me. "We're going to charge you 3x as much Because We Can."

at first I thought, "why the hell is dwwojcik reporting his own post?"  then I saw all the double posts.  forums must be fucking up again I suppose.

Oh, you saw that?  Good.  I didn't think it had gone through, the report window wasn't loading properly.

I'm thinking of rebuilding my computer, since the PSU broke and the motherboard is 9 years old. I've mostly settled on these parts so far, and am considering either AMD or Intel CPU/MoBo/coolers. Any advice?

Intel wins easily in single-threaded performance, AMD is better value and offer more cores for less price.  So it depends on what you plan on doing with the computer, if it's mainly games for example go Intel.

I brought the dead PSU in to a local computer junkyard, and they had a matching one. I guess it probably makes sense to wait to buy a computer, then - it seems like competition might be heating up in both CPU and GPU markets, and I'll hopefully have some income beyond gifts from family then.

They did have some good deals, though - $25 IIRC for a reputable-brand 500W PSU, $15 for cases (which admittedly looked like they were from 2003) and working computers for under $200.

Oh yeah, you guys just reminded me that I have a quill-and-ink set lying around somewhere. I should probably get around to actually using that sometime.

Hawaii has great weather, but I just feel like the islands and culture, (or maybe it was just the one I was on), have been absolutely gutted by tourism. It felt... fake, kind of like a lower-key vegas. And I've been to a few very tourist-ey places before.

Anyone here planning on updating to windows 10 right away? Personally, I'll be on vacation again for a week right after it launches, so I know I'll be waiting at least that long. Probably longer.

Unless there's some killer feature or great performance gains that I haven't heard about, I just don't see any reason good enough to justify moving from 7.

Thoughts?

Anyone here planning on updating to windows 10 right away? Personally, I'll be on vacation again for a week right after it launches, so I know I'll be waiting at least that long. Probably longer.

Unless there's some killer feature or great performance gains that I haven't heard about, I just don't see any reason good enough to justify moving from 7.

Thoughts?

i'm not going to....at least not for awhile. 

Yeah, looking around, I think I'll wait at least two months or so. I was going to get some... unorthodox... hardware in the near-ish future, I really need to make sure it works with 10.

Also, this is fun. You should install this on people's computers. They will love you.

EDIT: So, my old core2duo laptop is sitting around unloved and unused. Would anyone care for a KJ Terraria server?

EDIT AGAIN: So apparently my new laptop's GPU, being one of the Quadro models, is amusingly good at overclocking. (For a laptop, at least). Bumped the core clock from 810mhz to 1055, (and by extension, the shader clock from 1620 to 2110) with no real increase in heat output from stock, (It stays at around 70 C under load). The (un-overclocked) cpu is still hotter than it, hitting 75-ish C at some points. The only reason I haven't already pushed it higher is that MSI afterburner won't let me.

I'm probably not going to use it very much, if ever, but it's still fun to know that it works. 

Edited by TheBytemaster