Kitty Jail 2: You Can (not) Escape

Lethosos

Alright, question time. :pcgaming:

I've got this fresh install of Debian 8 on an old-ish machine that is suitable for a minecraft server. (And a killer upload speed of about 30mbit/s to boot.) I was planning on running a Tekkit Legends server for us all to romp around on.

My problem is, I rather dislike the OP-ness of Equivalent Exchange. I was thinking of maybe disabling it, disabling certain parts of it, or changing the recipes.

What opinions do you nerds normal attractive people have on this matter? I haven't played with EE in heaven-knows how long, so maybe my dislike of EE is a tad misplaced. I'm perfectly willing to leave it untouched if that's what you guys want. Otherwise, if I were to change/disable it, what would be the cleanest way to do it?

yeah sure if you can do it why not

as for EE, i don't like the opness of it either, but if i recall correctly (its been a couple months) pahamar (spelling is probs wrong, to lazy to correct) the current "owner" of the mod wanted to aim for a balance of sorts in EE3. 

i don't know how much i would be on, my time for games is mostly spent on LOL, Warframe, Xcom:EW:LongWar, and other random games when i don't feel like the above. 

does Optifine still exist? are you using it? 

EDIT: or this fastcraft thing....if that is better idk 

Edited by holymage!

Just throw fastcraft in there, it should help a lot with tps.

I'll try it as soon as I figure out a way to get around the angry firewall I'm behind right now, it's blocking the download.

I don't know if it'll help enough though, I tested it out with a real client, and at one point it announced it had dropped 1000+ ticks in one error message. I removed EE and it helped a little bit, but it's still unplayable.

I can see why you'd want to remove Project E. I've already worked out an admittedly slow infinite EMC loop with just a crafting table, transmutation tablet, and tons of gold, and don't even get me started on blaze machines. Oh, and Project E assigns EMC values to crafted items and makes them transmutable, so a large chunk of auto-crafting is unnecessary.

My wife has been playing veggie tales videos for our daughters all day. Lots of "praise god" messages in the background.

They just went to bed, she switched it to doctor who, and guess what episode was next in the queue?

"Praise him."

i can't find the clip, but my favorite episode involved purple slurpees and walking for seven days around a city to conquer it    

I can see why you'd want to remove Project E. I've already worked out an admittedly slow infinite EMC loop with just a crafting table, transmutation tablet, and tons of gold, and don't even get me started on blaze machines. Oh, and Project E assigns EMC values to crafted items and makes them transmutable, so a large chunk of auto-crafting is unnecessary.

See, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  I read that as "I can't see why" the first time around.

...at one point it announced it had dropped 1000+ ticks in one error message.

Wait, that's 50 seconds. That can't be right. I mean, it wasn't super playable, but it wasn't THAT bad.

EDIT: Tried Fastcraft, no dice. It was a bit faster, but not enough. Strangely, the server reports a steady 20tps and reasonable tick times of ~20-30ms when I use /cofh tps. (Both with and without fastcraft.)

Changing the render distance from default to 6 chunks to max made no noticeable difference, either.

Edited by TheBytemaster

3smrs.png

So, uh, the server works now.

:ughh:

since i'm not good at looking up IPs and DNS lookups and all that jazz (i only pretend to understand that stuff most of the time, and normally just hit buttons until i get a result...that i was looking for). so, can i just ask you what the info for the server is? 

remember to post it on twitter ;) (that was a joke haha, fat chance) 

That discord app is not so bad after all (excluding the constant spam on the public channels), if anyone wants in grab the invite from technicpack.net on the sidebar and then bug sct for access to the cool kids' channels. Takes a bit learning (and claiming your nick) but for the long run it's nice.

The best thing is the banhammer animation...

Pssst: there's also a dev server there for.. you know... devs. Again, bug the admins there.

Meh, it's only complicated because minecraft is big and therefor attracts massive numbers of sad little trolls.

I still don't know of any other mod scene where "They are competition for my favorite thing, so they are automatically rapist thief baby killers and I will make that truth known to all!" is a valid and publicly supported thought process.

Frankly I'm curious as to why people still use railcraft. It needlessly complicates track construction, a big chunk of the mod could be replicated with a single block to alter track intersections, and doesn't it still have that buggy heat tracking system?

I remember when going through mods for Supreme Commander Forged Alliance I came across a pack that seemed to have buckled under the "HOW DARE YOU NOT ASK FOR PERMISSIONS!!!!1!!11!!1!2!!" rage when a guy released his personal pack on a forums for other people to try out, so I guess this kind of thing isn't entirely exclusive to Minecraft.

Existence of people who try to enforce their interpretation of the law isn't exclusive to minecraft, no.

But I wasn't joking about that thought process. I got into an argument with some guys on the IC2 forums who wrote literally that. They claimed the technic admins and even users were thieves, rapists, and baby killers, which alblaka read and decided to allow. And when they couldn't scream me down themselves, they chanted sengir until he appeared to use his divine modder authority to smite me with "Stop quoting me! You're stupid!"

Frankly this is exactly why I never got back into modding after my first tries in 1.2.5. The fanboys are still so completely insane I'd rather just sit back and play.

Having my work actually stolen and rebranded didn't turn me away from modding 16 years ago, but minecraft did in a couple months.

Alright guys, the Official Kitty Jail Tekkit Legends server is officially OPEN. :frogsiren:

Rules: Be cool. Don't grief, steal, etc. I neither want nor expect to have to make some exhaustive list of rules. 

The server address is:  spence.mooo.com

(No, that's not my name, I just borrowed the address.)

Things to note:

• I have left mobgriefing enabled, but I, (or an op), will compensate/refund you if exessssssive damages are caused by this, (IE: creeper in your machine room.)
  • All chunk-loading is enabled, but please keep it reasonable, as the server isn't super duper powerful. Please no more than one or two chunkloading devices per person.
  • PvP is enabled.
  • The server difficulty is set to Normal.
  • The server should be on 24/7, but if anything happens to it, let me know either here or on Steam, and I'll fix it ASAP.

I have made a few custom config file tweaks, the significant ones are listed below:

- Buildcraft engines -can- explode from overheating, but in return, combustion engines are 1.6x as efficient with fuel, and are 1.2x as efficient with oil.
- Base fluid flow rate of buildcraft pipes has been doubled.
- Water springs are generated in worldgen.
- Bedrock is smooth.
- Big Reactors can be made *much* larger but produce 90% of base power.
- Yellorite Ore spawns in slightly larger veins.
- Nether Ore explosions are slightly more powerful. (Now equivalent to a creeper.)
- Nether Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby ores now smelt into 3 ore instead of 2.
- Volcanos are slightly more common.
- Logistics crafting tables use roughly half as much energy as before.
- Vanilla Ender Chests can be crafted and placed.
- Ender-Storage (mod) chests are twice as big.
- Doubled wireless ComputerCraft modem range across the board. (High altitude, low altitude, stormy, etc.)
- Lowered the per-piece armor limit of powersuit armor from 6 to 4.
- Powersuit electrolyser costs one *quarter* as much energy to use. Only 250 energy.
- Powersuit plasma cannon costs much more energy to use, but with voltage/amperage increases, it can be twice as explodey, and hit a bit harder. (Be careful with this!)
- Powersuit railgun makes more heat, takes more energy, and hits a bit harder.
- Powersuit pickaxe uses a tiny bit more energy.

If any of these changes cause catastrophic/awful/stupid things to happen, tell me and I'll revert them and/or refund/compensate you.

Enjoy! :tipshat:

Edited by TheBytemaster