Is Attack of the B-Team Boring???

FPS Furry

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might have to be trifle less obtuse.

"Saying that throwing punches is childish and beneath me is, in effect, throwing a punch at everyone else that you feel DID throw punches."

This is a self-referencing contradiction, and actually funny as hell when you consider that you are referring to yourself as childish and beneath yourself.

Man, I miss the days back when I used to be able to say that kind of thing with a straight face... hypocrisy is so much easier and more fun than self awareness :P.

"Anyone that says the word 'jerk' is a total jerk, unlike me."

you are quite welcome to throw punches at me if you feel the need to do so. I enjoy it. Call me a masochist.

seriously, though I am quite interested to see what the devs have to say about this entire thread in the morning. It should be highly amusing.

Edited by Brigadon

you might have to be trifle less obtuse.

"Saying that throwing punches is childish and beneath me is, in effect, throwing a punch at everyone else that you feel DID throw punches."

This is a self-referencing contradiction, and actually funny as hell when you consider that you are referring to yourself as childish and beneath yourself.

Man, I miss the days back when I used to be able to say that kind of thing with a straight face... hypocrisy is so much easier and more fun than self awareness :P.

"Anyone that says the word 'jerk' is a total jerk, unlike me."

you are quite welcome to throw punches at me if you feel the need to do so. I enjoy it. Call me a masochist.

seriously, though I am quite interested to see what the devs have to say about this entire thread in the morning. It should be highly amusing.

Why are you trying to goad me into attacking you? And why is me stating I'm not going to participate in such attacks me actually attacking everyone who did participate? I really don't understand you, and why you feel the need to instigate or rather manifest some problem I have with anyone here that doesn't even exist. I mean read back over everything people have said, and then read the few things I said which were mostly stating some problems with the modpack and how I got no response since everyone was busy going off topic and insulting eachother. Can you really deny that happened? And now I just get sarcasm and strange accusations that have me really confused. Sorry for trying to keep with the topic that the OP wanted to address in the first place instead of going on this crazy tangent like everyone else has.

Why are you trying to goad me into attacking you? And why is me stating I'm not going to participate in such attacks me actually attacking everyone who did participate? I really don't understand you, and why you feel the need to instigate or rather manifest some problem I have with anyone here that doesn't even exist. I mean read back over everything people have said, and then read the few things I said which were mostly stating some problems with the modpack and how I got no response since everyone was busy going off topic and insulting eachother. Can you really deny that happened? And now I just get sarcasm and strange accusations that have me really confused. Sorry for trying to keep with the topic that the OP wanted to address in the first place instead of going on this crazy tangent like everyone else has.

This thread died about 6 pages ago, trying to rescue it is beyond hopeless and probably beneath you.

Anyway, the flight thing you brought up...well, it is pointless to worry about any sort of balance issues in a mod pack that farts in the face of any sort of seriousness and "balance".

And lastly...Wow there are lot of people taking a block game far too seriously.

Me? I think I'll go riding a dinosaur as a ghast wearing a pig for a hat and wielding a frying pan into the nearest village and steal all of their carrots.

Edited by Blacktooth

I've been somewhat regularly reading these forums for ages. Never particularly felt like making an account, till this.

This is some of the highest concentration levels of ridiculously pointless bullshit I've seen in ages.

This comes off  as some kind of school yard shouting match, but with more personal attacks.

Normally when I see this kind of shit online, I laugh a bit and move on. But I just gotta say I had the impression that many of you were better than the ridiculous waste of time and effort this whole thread is. With the speed this thread's growing, I guess I was shitting myself. So maybe if I come along and point out how silly this whole argument is it might sink in or something. But hey, so far I've been wrong.

TL;DR: The ridiculousness of this thread is moving ahead at full Ludicrous Speed.

• Forum Administrators

Since she isn't someone who works on the mod pack you shouldn't expect her to be the one to solve its problems, and there are problems. Like she was saying some of the mods do sort of negate one another. You can do something somewhat difficult in order to be able to fly in any morph and lose the ability once you die, or just simply go into a cave and kill a bat and fly whenever you want and even fit into one square areas. Also there's the whole problem of hamsters not spawning in the wild and I think wolves as well. I was actually really bummed to find out I was scouring the world for a hamster just to find out a glitch is preventing them to appear.

CanVox is working on fixing the hamster issue. I wasn't aware about wolves either but I guess I haven't seen any either now that I think about it. I will bug him about it.

In regards to bats being overpowered, well... that's intentional design. I know it conflicts with flight from genetics but it doesn't change the fact that we weren't trying to nitpick balance everything in the pack.

I've been somewhat regularly reading these forums for ages. Never particularly felt like making an account, till this.

This is some of the highest concentration levels of ridiculously pointless bullshit I've seen in ages.

This comes off  as some kind of school yard shouting match, but with more personal attacks.

Normally when I see this kind of shit online, I laugh a bit and move on. But I just gotta say I had the impression that many of you were better than the ridiculous waste of time and effort this whole thread is. With the speed this thread's growing, I guess I was shitting myself. So maybe if I come along and point out how silly this whole argument is it might sink in or something. But hey, so far I've been wrong.

TL;DR: The ridiculousness of this thread is moving ahead at full Ludicrous Speed.

When things get batshit insane, you can either ignore the madness as Punk did and end up bewildered, or embrace the crazy train and ride it into the ground.

Oh man this thread! I was like "man the whalebox hasn't gotten anything new in a while, maybe I should reopen this thing." and wow. A site called dudequest, someone talking about their fedora collection, and about a dozen people saying they're not angry while calling others angry.

I'm glad we could get to the bottom of that bat thing guys!

CanVox is working on fixing the hamster issue. I wasn't aware about wolves either but I guess I haven't seen any either now that I think about it. I will bug him about it.

In regards to bats being overpowered, well... that's intentional design. I know it conflicts with flight from genetics but it doesn't change the fact that we weren't trying to nitpick balance everything in the pack.

Yeah, we know about the hamster thing, we're not happy about it, and certainly I'm down with feedback of that sort.  I'm not really against feedback saying the balance is totally sideways, but I will respond and say that I don't care, and the real question is why does anyone else?  It's not like flight is the only thing that advanced genetics offers- it also offers the ability to BLOW YOURSELF THE FUCK UP and that's awesome.  More importantly, flight being this uber-difficult target is something that comes as a directly lilne from EE2, then graviton suit, to a lesser extent MPS (although I will remind you that the original MPS, flight wasn't that hard to obtain and only went that direction after Muse was pressed into making things more "balanced").  My point is that this pack rejects the concept of balance.  If you want to do something fun, then just go do it.  

I reject the idea that this is somehow good for youtubers who have fun on camera and play pranks on each other all day but bad for ordinary users.  Why is there a dichotomy?  The B-Team is deriving hours of crazy fun from this pack, why can't users derive fun in exactly the same manner?  There's nothing magic about starting up a camera, just turn into a bee and go make a voodoo doll of someone and drown yourselves with it, and then laugh about it.  It doesn't have to be a big production.  If the journey of running quarries and sitting at a project table for half an hour is part of the fun for you, Tekkit's not going anywhere.  That's our position, and it's not changing.  If that positions is so baffling that you literally CANNOT wrap your mind around it, I'd step back and do some soul-searching about why this appalls you so much.  If you just understand but disagree, that's different and fine.

This thread has gone completely off the rails.  Just for the record, if you're type of person who collects hats, posts on the red pill, and uses phrases like "social justice warrior" with that smug twist in your mouth, I want nothing to do with you.  That said, the OP was being kind of a jerk.  It wasn't even the OP that bothered me, it was that she immediately got a rather straightforward, civil, and I think well-crafted response from sct and rebutted WOAH BUDDY SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU THERE WITH MY BOLD TRUTHTELLING TO POWER, and that's obnoxious.  The fact that sct came back smug & dismissive shouldn't be a surprise.  We're not made of stone.  If people abuse us, they'll get abused back.  I think we have a responsibility to de-escalate (that is, give less than we get), and the staff has consistently done that.  But people lashing out at us and playing hurt when we don't do the customer service drone BEEP BOOP THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK SIR shit are really getting to me.

The sum-up:

- Please feel free to post feedback here.

- Mods need to stop being dicks about us receiving feedback.

- If you act like a dick when you deliver feedback, the above doesn't apply.

- We're not going to ban people for acting like scum offsite.

- If I see people acting like scum in this thread from here on out, I will infract even if the mods are not willing to.

Thank you, come again.

Think its time for me to back away slowly and let the kid-I mean men handle this. The point of my post was never attacking any one people or even a group of people yet this spiraled into what I can only equate to as a scummy 4chan topic. sorry to those that wanted to discuss the topic at hand, sorry to people that got butthurt over my opinion and to every one else I'm not going to be replying to this virtual boxing rink. The idea of telling people not to support this thread was that if you where going to reply simply to attack me for having an opinion then to keep it to themselves but clearly things are way off topic and there is no way to quell this forum bar fight.

ryokashit I am sorry to you for having to defend the OP and you where right, it was not constructive (I was kidding my self to think so) but this whole thing is nothing more then trying to convince the koolaid drinkers there god is not real and they shouldn't kill every one including themselves to defend it.

Punk I am sorry to you for the immense amount of hate that will not allow you to discuss what I had intended with this post. hopefully some one that is not a woman, furry or has any thing negative to say about the pack will post something and you can post there.

this topic died the moment some one took what I said to heart and had felt like they needed to be a white knight for men that (as staff) cant defend themselves (sarcasm)

With great regret
Clair

Edit:

That said, the OP was being kind of a jerk.  It wasn't even the OP that bothered me, it was that she immediately got a rather straightforward, civil, and I think well-crafted response from sct and rebutted WOAH BUDDY SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU THERE WITH MY BOLD TRUTHTELLING TO POWER, and that's obnoxious.

if you read the whole tread you'd know i wasn't talking to him.

sct

Heh you think I am offended that is cute.

was talking to Mr.B-Team_Patriot "Brigadon"

Edited by FPS Furry

actually, this topic was dead after the words "Hello my name is". it just went downhill from there.

Oh, and BTW, 'hate' is not a good euphemism for 'anything I disagree with'. trying to assume that people defending others from insults are practicing 'hate speech' is creepy on an entirely new level.

"We will put to death anyone that does not practice tolerance, and the beatings will continue until morale improves!"

If you turn this thread into an argument about whether your creepy MRA shit constitutes hate speech, I will ban you.

EDIT:  That goes for everyone else!  Don't respond to the post I quoted!

EDIT 2: Or this one!

Honestly dude, not an MRA. neoreactionary and military science fiction indy game writer. a lot of the same terms just get bandied about when discussing futurism. Maybe once was, but it's hard to sustain sympathy for folks that bring it on themselves. I just kicked into 'defensive analysis' mode when I started seeing the same 'style' of posting used here that I used to see by the trolls on huffpo, Jezebel, and manboobz. My sincere apologies. Frankly I just totally love the idea behind AOTB

Edited by Brigadon

Think its time for me to back away slowly and let the kid-I mean men handle this. The point of my post was never attacking any one people or even a group of people yet this spiraled into what I can only equate to as a scummy 4chan topic. sorry to those that wanted to discuss the topic at hand, sorry to people that got butthurt over my opinion and to every one else I'm not going to be replying to this virtual boxing rink. The idea of telling people not to support this thread was that if you where going to reply simply to attack me for having an opinion then to keep it to themselves but clearly things are way off topic and there is no way to quell this forum bar fight.

ryokashit I am sorry to you for having to defend the OP and you where right, it was not constructive (I was kidding my self to think so) but this whole thing is nothing more then trying to convince the koolaid drinkers there god is not real and they shouldn't kill every one including themselves to defend it.

Punk I am sorry to you for the immense amount of hate that will not allow you to discuss what I had intended with this post. hopefully some one that is not a woman, furry or has any thing negative to say about the pack will post something and you can post there.

this topic died the moment some one took what I said to heart and had felt like they needed to be a white knight for men that (as staff) cant defend themselves (sarcasm)

With great regret
Clair

The topic died the moment you posted sorry. Your OP was both rude and terrible, lacking any shred of constructive value as you yourself admit here. It would have been locked immediately had there not been left open the chance for real constructive discussion or comedy. You and everyone else in here failed to achieve either. I am very aware that this thread seems to have attracted a very unwelcome collection of people with poor opinions and behaviour, but don't for a second try to act like you're not one of them. You started this, and then you fueled it with rude and snarky posting, giving criticism but not accepting criticism yourself.

I'll be punishing people who refuse to behave themselves, but I want you to know that I take issue with your attitude. You are not a "victim" on internet minecraft forums. You are just one of several rude obnoxious participants in a dumb argument in a bad thread that you started. Get that straight before you make any more posts here or anywhere really because I don't care about genders or opinions or beliefs when I sit down to moderate. Just behaviour.