Is Attack of the B-Team Boring???

FPS Furry

It really sounds like you want a mod pack with similar mods, but a different config set. Which would mean you probably ought to change it yourself. Bugs happen. Many bugs just don't get noticed until large numbers of people test. It is very difficult for any testing team to think of every possible thing that could go wrong and test it.  With playing almost any pack if you want to avoid the intial rush of bug fixes you should probably wait a few versions. And then there will probably still be bugs. There are bugs in vanilla. Mods just add more.

The point of a third-party pack is to cater to a specific person's or group's taste If you don't care for their taste you should take it up with them.

Offering solutions to the things you feel are unbalanced would be constructive criticism. Saying something is wrong without offering an alternative suggestion is not constructive criticism and it is not "discussion". Stating that your opinion is the only correct opinion and that everyone else is "misinterpreting" or "misunderstanding" what you mean is not a discussion. Its a soap box for complaining.  Most of the posters in this thread seem to have been trying to have the discussion you say you want. You just keep ignoring opinions that differ from your own. That comes across as being complaining not discussing in my opinion.  

I think you might best be served by making the pack you want as opposed to trying to get existing packs changed to suit you. *shrug*

Edited by jadedcat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really confused as to why you think we've been sloppy with Attack of the B-Team? 

When it comes to bugs, you can't say that we've done a bad job because of bugs found on release. Have you ever heard the term "many hands make light work" ? AotBT has been so popular that our download servers were brought down for the first time. There are a massive and I mean MASSIVE amount of people playing this pack now. More than any of our other packs to date. When that many people play in a sandbox environment you better believe they're going to find everything. I don't care who you are, you playtest a sandbox game with dozens of modders 3rd party additions and there are going to be lots of bugs and you are NOT going to be able to find them all. Adding over a million people to that sandbox means you're going to find significantly more.

That's just how it is. Nothing to do with our ability or work ethic. You can't judge us in that regard. Someone else releasing the same pack could be seen as more professional just because with less people playing it, less problems are uncovered, and it seems like there are less problems in general. If anything, this is only an indicator of how well we've done in our advertising and hyping of the pack and the mods we're showcasing.

If you really want to judge us on something, judge us on how we respond to problems with the pack post release. So far we've done several emergency patches fixing all the major issues found very quickly and cleanly. If you're dead set on comparing us to a for profit AAA studio like EA, try comparing us to their release of the new SimCity since it's much closer to a sandbox environment. That was a disaster for them on all fronts and they STILL haven't resolved many of the issues with it. 

And with that matter aside, your second point is "balance". This is a subjective issue since it's largely a matter of opinion. So far you've only cited 1 example and offered no solutions. We've made this pack at the request of youtubers. It's a pack designed for them to have fun and do wild stuff in videos. 

Please don't feel like I'm brushing you off, I am certainly not trying to, but I don't know what you would have us do? Remove bats? Remove the morph mod entirely? Heap in arbitrary 3rd party restrictions on becoming bats? It is literally one small aspect of much larger mods. There are no clean or nice solutions to the "issue" (remember, it's subjective that it's even an issue) We aren't going to remove content or heavily alter it just to change something small like this. That is up to the individual server owners if they personally feel that way. 

And lastly I'd like to address your attitude, because I feel you are being very unjustly defensive. People were calling you out on the manner in which you presenting your arguments. I agree with them. You posted a thread asking if people agreed the pack was "boring" (unclear as to why since you didn't address the pack being boring in your OP). Then you said we had peaked at Hexxit and were now on a downslope. You cited personal preference reasons for this statement, gave exactly 1 example to justify it, then furthered it by granting our pack 1 out of 5 little stars and calling it a bad pack. 

If you can't understand why people were criticising you, then I don't know what to tell you. You may just be too much of an internet person to be self aware.

• Forum Administrators

never called any thing "terrible design" unless your talking about the ridiculous imbalance that I addressed that people seem to love so much they spend time posting paragraph after paragraph defending it because they have nothing better to do i.e. not play it. Thank you for clarifying the issue for me as I was unaware of how or what the problem was.

Why is it blowing your mind people love this pack? Does everyone have to think like you? I just don't understand. :psyduck:

I am slightly confused OP. Why aren't you yelling at BdoubleO and Generikb ? Attack of the B-Team mods were picked by them. Seems a bit silly to yell at the guys who compiled it for them.

Its one of the trickiest parts of third party packs (not sure if Technic calls them that). When you are building a pack based on what a specific person or persons has asked for you can't just pull mods, or change configs however you want. The Technic team from what I understand had input in the pack but they did not design the pack by themselves. They gave the B-Team what they asked for. If thats not to your taste that probably means you have different taste then BdoubleO and GenerikB.  It does not however make the Technic pack creators bad pack creators. The fact that they gave the B-team exactly what they asked for and did it with as much stability and lack of bugs as they could says they are good pack creators. If I am in fact incorrect and the Technic team designed this from the ground up by themselves, your dislike of the balance/mod choices still doesn't translate into it being a bad pack or the team being bad pack creators. It just means the pack is not to your taste. Thats why there are so many different packs. A single pack cannot please everyone. 

Exactly this

There's really only one pack where we throw up our hands and say "Talk to X", and that's Voltz.  In this case, the pack was a COLLABORATION, so I have no problem taking responsibility for the mod list, even if people don't like it.  There's no reason to go complain to generikb (though I think it'd be funny if you did).

To a certain extent I think Technic is responsible for the bizarre way that FPS Furry is looking at this pack.  These days we're more famous for Hexxit than our tech packs, but we did do the level-up-tech-tree-automation thing before anyone else, and I think some members of the modding community have a hard time thinking about modded minecraft any other way now.  That's why this was a fun pack, and why Hexxit is a fun pack.  Changing the tightly-controlled tech tree environment to one of an arbitrary series of adventures like Hexxit or a big box of toys like B-Team is FUN.  I still think we should do our best to "balance" (for certain values of the word 'balance') Tekkit, and make it about that level-up-tech-tree thing that is so common in this community, but that's not all that modded minecraft has to be about.  This pack isn't about that.  If you want that, play Tekkit or any of the many, many, many, many packs out there that are like it.  This pack is not like Tekkit.  Given that it, unlike Hexxit, has a lot of tech-mods, I'd say that it's the anti-Tekkit.  It's the postmodern answer to Tekkit.  It is aware of everything that Tekkit is and then reject's Tekkit's basic premises.

If you like Tekkit (and MAINLY like Tekkit), you will hate this pack.  That's okay.  They don't all have to be like Tekkit, and if you could find one statement that we've been making as a modpacking organization since the release of Hexxit, I'd say that's it: they don't all have to be like Tekkit.

In reading over this thread, I have come to the conclusion that FPS Furry does not, in fact, want people to discuss the varying merits of B-team but rather wants a soapy hugbox of people agreeing with him, with the occasional poorly-worded strawman argument or personal attack for the Yes-Men to utterly dismantle.

Honestly, there's really nothing wrong with thinking the modpack is boring. You're entitled to your opinions, and it's fine to not enjoy the modpack. Saying Technic as a whole has jumped the shark is a bit strong, and doing literally nothing but complaining about what you don't like in the pack while refusing to offer actually constructive criticism is just silly.

Personally, I love the concept behind B-team. A big damn box of awesome toys alongside enough tech-tree automation to scratch that particular itch is a great idea and is something I applaud.

And by the way, Hexxit and B-Team are unbelievably popular.  I don't think it's because they're incredibly well-crafted per se, I think it's because tech packs of the sort you're asking for here are dramatically common and Hexxit & B-Team are the only things that do what they do.

aside from the random banter about "you said, he said" I can tell that there is more to this then people see, maybe I didn't explain myself, maybe I said something that hurt some one feels but in the end it was not a swing at the Technic guys or the respective work ethic. I say opinion, people say insult, I say not quite right people say perspective, I say I know its hard work and I'm disappointed with the outcome and people say f**k you.
feels like now-a-days you need a disclaimer stating "this is the view of one person and does not reflect the mods/moders or compilers. This is my opinion"
I see that people want me to "accept its a good mod" but really I love the open world idea that was hexxit and I like the idea of mad science but B-team fell short of that goal when I got bord so I took to the forums to see if others felt the same. I tried my best to be honest and real when I said my peace. Like I said before "if you have an opinion people will hate you for it". though people may not like it, my OP was genuine and real, I meant what I said and I stick by it. If people could take a moment and reread the OP and try and look for the sincerity in what I was saying then I'd be more then happy to revisit the post with my complaints and solutions but as it stand I feel that if I say any thing against the beliefs of the people here I will be hated on. If you want your koolaid then drink it, if you want my opinion then read it, if you want my suggestions then ask for it, if you don't like what I say then don't post about it, I don't want you to support a thread that was not tailored to you.
Edited by FPS Furry

• Forum Administrators

I see that people want me to "accept its a good mod"

No one cares what you think about Attack of the B-Team and we don't care if you like it or not. No one is trying to convince you its great. That's your own choice.

45861489.jpg
That seems to be the only argument in this thread. 
And im suprised admins and some normal members are getting mad by some words the people are using

Someone said "this post gave me cancer" HOLY CRAP THATS SO MEAN, LETS GET OFF-TOPIC AND TALK ABOUT HOW MEAN THAT WAS

stay on topic. jeez.  FpsFurry has a great point, but i don't see this as boring. I mean, IF IT'S SUCH A BIG DEAL DON'T FUCKING USE THE BAT MORPH

don't want it in a server BAN IT! Theres simple solution to problems like this. but all i see in this thread are admins raging and normal people flaming one person. Jeez. @Brigadon. Seriously man. half the stuff you said was saying the mean against the mean.@scp FpsFurry wanted you to act like an adult. @Brigadon If what they said it's such a burden, don't say how insensitive or how much prick-sauce was on that post, but just reporting it and staying on topic. god. Same with dragonshards.

IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE READING THIS, IM HERE TO SAY: IF YOU HAVE A F**KING PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING IN THE MOD, DON'T USE IT! DELETE IT! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT ON A SERVER, JUST ASK FOR IT TO BE BANNED DUE TO UNFAIR ADVANTAGES! THERES NO REASON TO FLAME AT NICE PEOPLE. THIS MODPACK IS TO HAVE FUN! SO HAVE IT. I MEAN, IT HAS A GODDAMN DUBSTEP-GUN! THATS AWESOME! :DDD

Edited by Blest

aside from the random banter about "you said, he said" I can tell that there is more to this then people see, maybe I didn't explain myself, maybe I said something that hurt some one feels but in the end it was not a swing at the Technic guys or the respective work ethic. I say opinion, people say insult, I say not quite right people say perspective, I say I know its hard work and I'm disappointed with the outcome and people say f**k you.

feels like now-a-days you need a disclaimer stating "this is the view of one person and does not reflect the mods/moders or compilers. This is my opinion"

I see that people want me to "accept its a good mod" but really I love the open world idea that was hexxit and I like the idea of mad science but B-team fell short of that goal when I got bord so I took to the forums to see if others felt the same. I tried my best to be honest and real when I said my peace. Like I said before "if you have an opinion people will hate you for it". though people may not like it, my OP was genuine and real, I meant what I said and I stick by it. If people could take a moment and reread the OP and try and look for the sincerity in what I was saying then I'd be more then happy to revisit the post with my complaints and solutions but as it stand I feel that if I say any thing against the beliefs of the people here I will be hated on. If you want your koolaid then drink it, if you want my opinion then read it, if you want my suggestions then ask for it, if you don't like what I say then don't post about it, I don't want you to support a thread that was not tailored to you.

I think the problem here is that you think your opinion matters at this point. stop moaning about haters and playing the victim card and start proving why anyone should give 2 shits about your opinion over the millions of other opinions that exist on the topic.

Now this is just silly shit.  This is a discussion board, you posted an opinion, people who disagree with that opinion will make posts disagreeing with it, and people who agree will make posts agreeing with it, and that's how this shit all works.  Now, you posted "I don't like the way Technic made Thing" on the official Technic boards- there are going to be more people disagreeing than agreeing with you.  Certainly, I'm gonna come in here and tell you I think you're wrong, that everything went into the pack the way it did for a reason and I'm going to tell you what those reasons were.  If you want to define that as kool-aid drinking, that's your prerogative I guess (but it's dumb), but you don't get to demand that only posts in support can post in here- that's not how message boards work.  Hell, that's now how LIFE works.   The issue isn't that we need to go back and re-read your OP, the issue is that you need to uncurl yourself from the fetal position and respond to some portion of the conversation that's occurred since the OP, in some manner, instead of just writing it off as "kool-aid".  

At the very least you need to ask yourself exactly what you want from this conversation, because at this moment, it seems what you wanted was a hugbox, and that reflects very poorly on your character.

You seem oddly defensive and conciliatory. Nobody aside from one dude who was promptly banned has done anything except disagree (with varying degrees of civility) to your stance that Attack of the B-Team is a sub-par modpack. I seem to recall folks around the time Hexxit was released claiming the same thing, that the modpack was somehow inferior in design to Tekkit despite having a wildly different intent behind the whole thing - open-world adventuring vs. tech-tree industrial automation.

You keep bouncing between viewpoints here and I'm not sure if you're being "genuine and real" about your dislike of B-team. Either way, nobody has once said you had to like the modpack, just that they disagree with you and that it's no skin off their backs if you choose to play something else.

Lastly, this is an open discussion forum. You don't get to decide who posts in a thread or what they can post in response to you. Do you honestly expect people to just ignore an opinion they disagree with? I know you're young and clearly less experienced with life than I, despite our similar ages, but that isn't at all how life works.

=) This is the best conversation EVER on the technic forums!

ahhhhhh, our own personal drama. the question is: Will Bteam Sink or swim? some say yes...some say no.

My 2 cents. I loved Hexxit sooooooo much  I made a server for it cause I got tired of being on a server and building a great faction only to come on the next week and .....BAM....RESET.!! Why?  Cause the Dungeons were all raided.

So I discovered a way to stop reseting and looseing everyone's faction bases.

that's Beside the point, I love BTEAM the mods are cute and funny. The Darwin mod is hilarious! The new biomes are just great. I love the little nuances. Like the Roots when your exploreing underground, or the graves in villages or the color changes to the sky when you go in the scary biomes. or the wind and the leaves the skip about. things like that add a lot of life to the mod.It actually makes it really....really...REALLY hard to

settle down anywhere and start building! Carpenters Mod is awesome, but...there ffaaaaaar to much to explore to ever be able to build, Not to mention theres no way im ever gonna be able use the redstone mechanics, cause im too busy exploreing all the awesome Biomes! In fact, I had to give my BTEAM server to someone to run cause I don't feel like building at all. just want to run around an explore.

and then you gave us the tropico and the dinosaour realms and the moon and mars to go explore to? argh!

My only thoughts are: Def. tweak the ore configs in world generation. I re-tweaked slightly for our bteam server to give a better feel to the accomplishment of finding hard to get ore. like lead or tin, or gold, or diamonds.

What I did was I made it so certain metals only spawn between certain levels. so you have to mine further down into the earth and are rewarded for it.

Overall, great mod. I tweaked our server slightly to make hunting for hats more rewarding. I like how the Hat mod allows people to trade hats they've collected with eachother. The Morph mod (once the passive mobs issue is fixed)

is going to be great for some really funny hide and go seek games..."kill the Chicken"!

The only thing that realllly bugs me that I cant seem to be able to turn of for the ENTIRE sever is that info thing that pops up whenever you look at something. That kinda ruins my hide and go seek games. :/

Also, Flans mod pak as the items in the mod to craft the plane and a few other vehicles, yet the only one's on the crafting table that you can make are the titans. ?. whats up with that?

I wanna freaking make a plan and drop Bombs on people! Is there way to add those mods from the flans mod to the crafting table serverside?

Love this conversation, but gotta tell ya, it needs more cowbell!

Edited by hooptiecoupe

Also, Flans mod pak as the items in the mod to craft the plane and a few other vehicles, yet the only one's on the crafting table that you can make are the titans. ?. whats up with that?

Intentional design.

The Titans fit the "mad science" theme, the planes do not.

so. Memes aren't allowed here? didn't see THAT. in the rules, but whatever. Putting alittle fun in a post is not bad

other than the rage of disrespect people have against people. my point was, let me quote myself again, because no one seemed to understand:

IF YOU HAVE A F**KING PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING IN THE MOD, DON'T USE IT! DELETE IT!

TO CLARIFY: This meant, so if you don't like morphs delete them.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT ON A SERVER, JUST ASK FOR IT TO BE BANNED DUE TO UNFAIR ADVANTAGES!

TO CLARIFY: /helpop

And i got a 3 point warning with a package skittles. wat.

Is it that i swore to much? You can see i was mad. But all i told was the truth.

Oh god my eyes, they burn.

I really want to insert i spongebob meme here. but apparently i cannot ._.

And how does such burn you'r eyes. quote one thing. ONE thing. i want to see what makes your eyes burn specifically

I called out each person who i saw with my eyes being mean for someones opinion, and for some reason thats a BAD thing? okay then. 

Edited by Blest

so. Memes aren't allowed here? didn't see THAT. in the rules, but whatever. 

This link should help you out: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> (7th rule down)

That way you wont get into any future troubles with the law.

And how does such burn you'r eyes. quote one thing. ONE thing. i want to see what makes your eyes burn specifically

I called out each person who i saw with my eyes being mean for someones opinion, and for some reason thats a BAD thing? okay then. 

IS TO HAVE FUN! SO HAVE IT. I MEAN, IT HAS A GODDAMN DUBSTEP-GUN! THATS AWESOME! :DDD

The way you formatted the paragraph was just an eye sore. Changing the size of text at random intervals is not exactly the most appealing. That along with the color changes hurts the common eye. If you typed like everybody else on this thread in a standard paragraph form it would be more appealing to read. 

Edited by DragonRX

so. Memes aren't allowed here? didn't see THAT. in the rules, but whatever. Putting alittle fun in a post is not bad

other than the rage of disrespect people have against people. my point was, let me quote myself again, because no one seemed to understand:

IF YOU HAVE A F**KING PROBLEM WITH SOMETHING IN THE MOD, 

DON'T USE IT! DELETE IT!

TO CLARIFY: This meant, so if you don't like morphs delete them.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT ON A SERVER, JUST ASK FOR IT TO BE BANNED DUE TO UNFAIR ADVANTAGES!

TO CLARIFY: /helpop

And i got a 3 point warning with a package skittles. wat.

Is it that i swore to much? You can see i was mad. But all i told was the truth.

I really want to insert i spongebob meme here. but apparently i cannot ._.

whyyes, it is in the rules. this is why I have helpfully linked the rules in my sig. here, I'll even prove it to you in your favorite manner, with an image:

6RPJP.png

I also see that you did not take the warning to heart. you also seem to think you are supposed to backseat moderate, which you aren't. do you see the little "staff" logo under my name? or the "admin" logos under sct, genpage, canvox, etc? that means you get to tell people whattodoandmeanit. you aren't the hero this forum needs, nor the one it deserves.